PDA

View Full Version : poor little teabagger.

SarasotaRepub
05-31-2011, 08:58 AM
:D For our new Paulistas... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1200830)

SmileyRose (1000+ posts) Mon May-30-11 11:28 PM
Original message poor little teabagger.

http://view.atdmt.com/CNT/view/287518991/direct;wi.300;hi.250/01/1669043340 (http://network.realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/Democraticunderground/ros/300x250/jx/ss/a/L41/1669043340/x15/USNetwork/BCN2010120787_025_ATTWnetwork/attw_ron_network_300_2011.html/53453338774533686e6d674144583647?http://clk.atdmt.com/CNT/go/287518991/direct;wi.300;hi.250/01/1669043340)http://pixel.adsafeprotected.com/?anId=68&pubId=Democraticunderground/ros/300x250/jx/ss/a/L41&advId=&campId=USNetwork/BCN2010120787_025_ATTWnetwork

Some twit with her little "Rand Paul" sticker on her Lexus SUV. I'm on the other side of the pump with my beater trying to make sure I catch the pump by $10 because that's all I have. Next thing I know the woman wants to tell me how bad she has it that the Lexus MUST have premium gas and it's costing her a fortune.

She was what I call "high maintenance". Store bought hair, nails, face, boobs etc. Nothing wrong with it if you've got the money to buy but seriously, why not buy a clue.

I told her I hope things get better for her.

And this one (assuming the story is even real) is pure jealously... :D

Speedy
05-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Maybe if she wasn't such a bitch she would have a man who could buy her the boobs, hair, nails and luxury SUV she wants so badly.

NJCardFan
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Nothing wrong with it if you've got the money to buy but seriously, why not buy a clue.
Said the pot to the kettle.

Apache
05-31-2011, 03:23 PM
That story has more road apples than I've moved all day...

Are they even trying anymore?

Adam Wood
05-31-2011, 04:29 PM
"I'm on the other side of the pump with my beater trying to make sure I catch the pump by $10 because that's all I have."

Where in the fuck is there still a gas station where it's "pump first, then pay" any more unless the station owner and the driver know one another very well?

I'll tell you one thing for damn well cartain: NOBODY does that in Atlanta:

http://i52.tinypic.com/30xjr7k.gif

djones520
05-31-2011, 04:49 PM
"I'm on the other side of the pump with my beater trying to make sure I catch the pump by $10 because that's all I have."

Where in the fuck is there still a gas station where it's "pump first, then pay" any more unless the station owner and the driver know one another very well?

I'll tell you one thing for damn well cartain: NOBODY does that in Atlanta:

http://i52.tinypic.com/30xjr7k.gif

Easy, she's using a debit card.

People can be aware of how much money they have in their accounts.

Adam Wood
05-31-2011, 04:59 PM
Easy, she's using a debit card.

People can be aware of how much money they have in their accounts.That still doesn't work. If she uses her debit at the pump, it automatically authorizes a set amount (usually about $75), and then refunds the difference after the sale. If she doesn't have that much in her account, no authorization. If she went inside and said she needed $10 on her debit card, she would have had the sale authorized and the pump would be set to cut off at $10.

ETA: and why does someone in Georgia have a Rand Paul sticker? He's from Kentucky.

I'm giving it one and a half bouncies, tops.

FDK
05-31-2011, 08:31 PM
That still doesn't work. If she uses her debit at the pump, it automatically authorizes a set amount (usually about $75), and then refunds the difference after the sale. If she doesn't have that much in her account, no authorization. If she went inside and said she needed $10 on her debit card, she would have had the sale authorized and the pump would be set to cut off at $10.

ETA: and why does someone in Georgia have a Rand Paul sticker? He's from Kentucky.

I'm giving it one and a half bouncies, tops.

It's an incredibly lame bouncy but I use my debit card all of the time at gas pumps. I just put in my PIN and get charged what I pump. I don't get this pre-authorize and refund crap of which you type. I'm usually riding one of my bikes though so I don't even hit $20. But they are BMWs though so they have to have premium.:D

Speedy
05-31-2011, 09:03 PM
It's an incredibly lame bouncy but I use my debit card all of the time at gas pumps. I just put in my PIN and get charged what I pump. I don't get this pre-authorize and refund crap of which you type. I'm usually riding one of my bikes though so I don't even hit $20. But they are BMWs though so they have to have premium.:D

If I don't have at least $50 on my debit card I get a "See Cashier" message. I ride a bike also and when gas here hovered around $4 I thought I would see $20 for a fillup.

Adam Wood
05-31-2011, 09:51 PM
It's an incredibly lame bouncy but I use my debit card all of the time at gas pumps. I just put in my PIN and get charged what I pump. I don't get this pre-authorize and refund crap of which you type. I'm usually riding one of my bikes though so I don't even hit $20. But they are BMWs though so they have to have premium.:DIt's pretty invisible. You won't ever see it on your bank statement, for example. But if you only have $20 in your account and the pump just lets you put in $50, then what is the gas station going to do? That's why there's an automatic pre-authorization for some set amount.

Believe me, I work with these transactions every day, and I'm quite familiar with how it happens. I can assure you with complete certainty that this is how it happens. You're welcome to call your bank and ask them, if you'd like.

Apache
05-31-2011, 10:29 PM
It's pretty invisible. You won't ever see it on your bank statement, for example. But if you only have $20 in your account and the pump just lets you put in $50, then what is the gas station going to do? That's why there's an automatic pre-authorization for some set amount.

Believe me, I work with these transactions every day, and I'm quite familiar with how it happens. I can assure you with complete certainty that this is how it happens. You're welcome to call your bank and ask them, if you'd like.

U-haul does the same thing. Not enough in the account....CASH!
I've ru into too many "declined" cards, lately....

fettpett
05-31-2011, 10:30 PM
U-haul does the same thing. Not enough in the account....CASH!
I've ru into too many "declined" cards, lately....

know the feeling :(:mad:

AmPat
06-02-2011, 09:24 AM
My bike routinely exceeds $20.00 to fill up.:mad:

Flippy_Doo
06-02-2011, 05:47 PM
I don't know about other banks but my bank has some sort of overdraft protection for the debit card. They started it sometime last year. If you overdraw they pay and penalize you. Thankfully, I haven't found out the details from first hand experience. I do think this is some sort of limit on the overdraw amount.

With that said I find it's usually safe to follow the rule that if a DUmmie is typing words it is probably lying.

OrthodoxPresbyterian
06-02-2011, 06:23 PM
:D For our new Paulistas... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1200830)

And this one (assuming the story is even real) is pure jealously... :D

LOL! Thanks, funny post.

Rockntractor
06-02-2011, 06:37 PM
My bike routinely exceeds $20.00 to fill up.:mad:

Let your hand off the trigger when it;s full!:D

AmPat
06-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Let your hand off the trigger when it;s full!:D

6 gallon tank.

Speedy
06-02-2011, 11:35 PM
6 gallon tank.

My Yamaha crotch rocket has a 5 gallon tank and I have put 4.9 gallons in it.

Hawkgirl
06-02-2011, 11:51 PM

You are still riding? Good for you. I gave up my bike a few years ago. Do you lurk on CF or the other forum all the bitches went to? I don't...there is only so much stupidity I can take from those libs.

Speedy
06-02-2011, 11:57 PM
You are still riding? Good for you. I gave up my bike a few years ago. Do you lurk on CF or the other forum all the bitches went to? I don't...there is only so much stupidity I can take from those libs.

Yep. Not as much as I used to, but I still get away sometimes. being a single dad raising what was a troubled teenaged girl has taken up alot of my time. I check Cf sometimes but it is dead.

Rockntractor
06-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Yep. Not as much as I used to, but I still get away sometimes. being a single dad raising what was a troubled teenaged girl has taken up alot of my time. I check Cf sometimes but it is dead.

She is the best thing that has happened to you.

Speedy
06-03-2011, 01:06 AM
She is the best thing that has happened to you.

Maybe the best thing to happen to both of us.

AmPat
06-03-2011, 08:40 AM

I'm too old for crotch rockets. HD Ultra Classic. I like to ride sitting upright.

Speedy
06-03-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm too old for crotch rockets. HD Ultra Classic. I like to ride sitting upright.

Turning 51 in August so I am getting there. But there is nothing like the thrill of sliding a knee around a corner or picking that front wheel off the pavement.