PDA

View Full Version : Obama's decision to play golf on Memorial Day was disrespectful

Gingersnap
05-31-2011, 11:09 AM
Barack Obama's decision to play golf on Memorial Day was disrespectful and hardly presidential

Can you imagine David Cameron enjoying a round of golf on Remembrance Sunday? It would be inconceivable for the British Prime Minister to do so, and not just because of the usually dire weather at that time of the year. Above all, it would be viewed as an act of extremely bad taste on a day when the nation remembers and mourns her war dead. I canít imagine the PM even considering it, and Iím sure his advisers would be horrified at the idea. And if the prime minister ever did play golf on such a sacrosanct day he would be given a massive drubbing by the British press, and it would never be repeated.

Contrast this with President Obamaís decision to play golf yesterday, Memorial Day, for the 70th time during his 28-month long presidency. For tens of millions of Americans, Memorial Day is a time for remembrance of the huge sacrifices made by servicemen and women on the battlefield. The president did pay his respects in the morning, laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery, but later in the day traveled to Fort Belvoir to play golf. The story has not been reported so far in a single US newspaper, but was made public by veteran White House correspondent Keith Koffler on his blog. Hereís Kofflerís report:

The business of memorializing our war dead done, President Obama headed out to the Fort Belvoir golf course today, finding his way onto the links for the ninth weekend in a row.

Obama earlier today laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and met with families of those killed in battle. But he emerged from the dayís solemnity to go golfing for the 12th time this year and the 70th time of his presidency.

The decision to golf on Memorial Day invites comparison with President George W. Bush, who gave up the game early in his presidency and said he did it out of respect for the families of those killed in Iraq.

Does it matter if the president chooses to play golf on Memorial Day, and for the second time in his presidency (he did so as well in 2009)? I think it does, and it displays extraordinarily bad judgment, not only by Obama himself but also by his advisers.

More at the link.

Telegraph (http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100090074/obamas-decision-to-play-golf-on-memorial-day-was-disrespectful-and-hardly-presidential/)

Rcd
05-31-2011, 11:24 AM
It was an affront to veterans everywhere.

Novaheart
05-31-2011, 11:24 AM
I happen to think it's a stupid game. I have always found golf to be incredibly boring, but that's probably because as a kid we weren't allowed to play on the golf course at the club and it looked like a perfect place to play especially with the creeks and features.

That being said, do you expect him to sit shiva? If he sat around the Oval office doing crossword puzzles would you be happy?

Novaheart
05-31-2011, 11:26 AM

So you don't think there were veterans and military people on the beaches of the eastern seaboard yesterday?

Gingersnap
05-31-2011, 11:44 AM
I happen to think it's a stupid game. I have always found golf to be incredibly boring, but that's probably because as a kid we weren't allowed to play on the golf course at the club and it looked like a perfect place to play especially with the creeks and features.

That being said, do you expect him to sit shiva? If he sat around the Oval office doing crossword puzzles would you be happy?

People have much different expectations o the President than they do of their fellow citizens and that's why Presidential life trivia gets such glaring attention.

Had the President spent the day visiting the families of some of the 1500 soldiers who have died in this war, I'm sure that the families would have been touched and his approval rating would have been bumped. ;)

Rcd
05-31-2011, 11:45 AM
So you don't think there were veterans and military people on the beaches of the eastern seaboard yesterday?

He happens to be the cinc. I wouldn't expect a perv like you to understand.

Walter Reed is right down the street, how about visitng some wounded warriors. You truly are a pathetic pos.

Novaheart
05-31-2011, 12:11 PM
He happens to be the cinc. I wouldn't expect a perv like you to understand.

Walter Reed is right down the street, how about visitng some wounded warriors. You truly are a pathetic pos.

What did President Reagan, Bush, and bush do on Memorial Day during their terms? What is your basis for comparison?

Novaheart
05-31-2011, 12:16 PM
Snopes covered this last year when talk radio was whining about Obama on Memorial Day.

On several occasions in just the last thirty years, U.S. presidentshave been elsewhere on Memorial Day (either vacationing or attending to other presidential duties), while other administration officials represented them at the wreath-laying ceremony:
In 2002, President George W. Bush was in France on Memorial Day and participated in ceremonies at Normandy (site of the D-Day landings) honoring the U.S. soldiers who fought and died in WorldWar II. In his place, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns.

President George H.W. Bush (himself a World War II veteran) attended no ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery during his four years in office. In 1989 he was in Rome on Memorial Day (where he led observances at an American military cemetery south of that city), and from 1990 through 1992 he spent the Memorial Day weekend vacationing in Kennebunkport, Maine, while Vice-President Dan Quayle laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns.

President Ronald Reagan was away from Arlington on Memorial Day on four occasions during his eight years in office: In 1981, he (who had been seriously wounded in an assassination attempt six weeks earlier) spent the Memorial Day weekend at his ranch in Santa Barbara, California, while Vice-President George H.W. Bush laid the wreath at Arlington. In 1983, he attended a summit meeting in Williamsburg, Virginia, while Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Thayer represented the administration at the wreath-laying ceremony. In 1987, he spent Memorial Day at the Camp David presidential retreat while Navy Secretary James Webb participated in the wreath-laying ceremony. And on Memorial Day 1988, he was out of the U.S., attending a summit meeting in Moscow.

(NOTE: President Bill Clinton has no entry in this list because he attended Memorial Day ceremonies at Arlington each year throughout his eight years in office.)
On Memorial Day 2010, President Obama was scheduled to honor America's fallen heroes with a speech at Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery near Chicago, while Vice-President Joe Biden took his place at Arlington. However, a thunderstorm in Illinois interrupted the former ceremony, and President Obama returned to Washington to deliver his speech at Andrews Air Force Base.

Arroyo_Doble
05-31-2011, 12:26 PM
Exactly which sport or game is he allowed to play?

linda22003
05-31-2011, 12:31 PM
Exactly which sport or game is he allowed to play?

Maybe he should get a cigarette boat, since that's what Pres. Bush I played with when he was at Kennebunkport. :)

CueSi
05-31-2011, 12:43 PM
Snopes covered this last year when talk radio was whining about Obama on Memorial Day.

On several occasions in just the last thirty years, U.S. presidentshave been elsewhere on Memorial Day (either vacationing or attending to other presidential duties), while other administration officials represented them at the wreath-laying ceremony:
In 2002, President George W. Bush was in France on Memorial Day and participated in ceremonies at Normandy (site of the D-Day landings) honoring the U.S. soldiers who fought and died in WorldWar II. In his place, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns.

President George H.W. Bush (himself a World War II veteran) attended no ceremonies at Arlington National Cemetery during his four years in office. In 1989 he was in Rome on Memorial Day (where he led observances at an American military cemetery south of that city), and from 1990 through 1992 he spent the Memorial Day weekend vacationing in Kennebunkport, Maine, while Vice-President Dan Quayle laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns.

<Snip>

(NOTE: President Bill Clinton has no entry in this list because he attended Memorial Day ceremonies at Arlington each year throughout his eight years in office.)
<snip>

I'm not seeing taking off to play a round of golf anywhere in there, though. :p Bush gave up the game, and Clinton didn't play on Memorial Day. :p

~QC

Zathras
05-31-2011, 12:45 PM

Obumbles being President is an affront to veterans...and Americans....everywhere.

Bailey
05-31-2011, 12:46 PM
Maybe he should get a cigarette boat, since that's what Pres. Bush I played with when he was at Kennebunkport. :)

So you can prove that he piloted that boat on Memorial Day?

Arroyo_Doble
05-31-2011, 12:47 PM

http://23.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvhkvwh5GB1qzf94so1_400.gif

Rcd
05-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Obumbles being President is an affront to veterans...and Americans....everywhere.

Agreed, though some Americans are glad to see the decline in American exceptionalism, of which bojangles doesn't believe in anyway.

Bailey
05-31-2011, 12:49 PM
http://23.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvhkvwh5GB1qzf94so1_400.gif

So when you tried to say all past Presidents did activities on MD and then you had your ass handed to you, you decided to not give a fuck"? You are the epitome of a douche bag.

Arroyo_Doble
05-31-2011, 12:55 PM
So when you tried to say all past Presidents did activities on MD and then you had your ass handed to you, you decided to not give a fuck"? You are the epitome of a douche bag.

I didn't say anything about what other presidents did on Memorial Day. I do find the dislike of Obama being on a golf course by some kinda weird but other than that, I don't really give a fuck.

linda22003
05-31-2011, 12:59 PM

He wasn't at Arlington. Unlike you, I don't care what he did, or Obama does, in that regard.

Zathras
05-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Agreed, though some Americans are glad to see the decline in American exceptionalism, of which bojangles doesn't believe in anyway.

Those people who are glad to see the decline in American exceptionalism are not true Americans in my opinions.

Bailey
05-31-2011, 01:02 PM
He wasn't at Arlington. Unlike you, I don't care what he did, or Obama does, in that regard.

Then why chime in if you dont give a shit either way?

Rcd
05-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Those people who are glad to see the decline in American exceptionalism are not true Americans in my opinions.

True.

Novaheart
05-31-2011, 01:18 PM

Exactly. If he had crawled through Arlington on his knees, you would have complained about the damage to the grass.

linda22003
05-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Then why chime in if you dont give a shit either way?

To try to balance the mouth-foaming.

Undies
05-31-2011, 01:28 PM
The guy should play golf every Memorial Day. He is loathed by most people who take Memorial Day seriously. That will never change. So why shouldn't he be free to show all the contempt and disrespect he can muster?

Class always tells.

lacarnut
05-31-2011, 01:38 PM
To try to balance the mouth-foaming.

You are doing a splendid job sucking it up.

linda22003
05-31-2011, 01:42 PM
You are doing a splendid job sucking it up.

<shrug> I just get tired of double standards, but I suppose they are better than no standards at all. :)

lacarnut
05-31-2011, 01:46 PM
Exactly. If he had crawled through Arlington on his knees, you would have complained about the damage to the grass.

The girly/metrosexual one would not want to get grass stains on his pants. Plus, I would not want that POS to grace the site of fallen heroes.

Adam Wood
05-31-2011, 01:52 PM
This seems rather over-blown to me. If he had just blown off Arlington and/or just flat-out ignored the day that we set aside to remember those who have died in the service of the nation, that would be one thing, but he did indeed take the time to go and lay the wreath, to pause a moment for those who have paid the ultimate price for our freedoms. I think that's enough to ask of any President. I don't see anywhere where it is written that the President must hover like a recluse in the White House for the duration of the last Monday in May unless he's out laying wreaths or planting flags at Arlington. No one asks that of any other citizens of this country, and we do indeed have an expectation that the President be like "ordinary" Americans.

What if, instead of golf, he had decided to have a barbecue on the East Lawn? Or maybe take Malia and Sasha and go for a swim somewhere? Or catch a new-release movie? There's all sorts of things that "ordinary" Americans do on Memorial Day that does not involve spending the whole day in sackcloth and ashes in an attempt to honor the fallen.

Now, would it have been possible to make this into a good bit of PR? Sure. Find some grassy park somewhere and hold a private barbecue for wounded soldiers or something like that would be great, indeed a nice tradition to start up. But there's no obligation to do that, legally, traditionally, or morally that I can find. He did his duty and he hit the links. Big deal.

lacarnut
05-31-2011, 01:55 PM
<shrug> I just get tired of double standards, but I suppose they are better than no standards at all. :)

Obama has little standards when it pertains to our veterans. Like Clinton, he has contempt for them. As an aside, he just announced that he wants to cut the pay of soldiers in the last few days. A real classy POS right before Memorial Day...don't you think. I wish he would play golf every day. He is such a fuck up. How do you like those standards?

Bailey
05-31-2011, 01:55 PM
The girly/metrosexual one would not want to get grass stains on his pants. Plus, I would not want that POS to grace the site of fallen heroes.

The Magic Negro (pboh) hasn't earned the right to craw through that place.

linda22003
05-31-2011, 01:57 PM
I don't like his policies, either, but I think that's what's important rather than nitpicking over stuff like whether he plays golf on the wrong day or not. The focus should be on who can beat him so we won't do this for another four years, and I'm seeing pathetically little organization on that front. The GOP field is not very inspiring so far.

lacarnut
05-31-2011, 02:26 PM
I don't like his policies, either, but I think that's what's important rather than nitpicking over stuff like whether he plays golf on the wrong day or not. The focus should be on who can beat him so we won't do this for another four years, and I'm seeing pathetically little organization on that front. The GOP field is not very inspiring so far.

You know what happens in horse racing when the horse that leads quickly out of the gate? They usually lose. There is no rush to declare. It just gives the liberal media more time to smear and dig up dirt. However, outsiders like like Palin and Cain show a great deal of promise. I know, not your cup of tea because they are diametrically opposed to Rockefeller brand of politics. Betcha you would vote for Romney...I will not.

Arroyo_Doble
05-31-2011, 02:27 PM

So far, I haven't seen a right day to play golf for Obama.

linda22003
05-31-2011, 02:29 PM
I don't know that I would vote for Romney; the idea of it is not appealing at all, and only becomes palatable if it's the only option vs. a second Obama administration. If you wouldn't vote for him under any circumstances, it might guarantee a second Obama administration.
Cain is popular because I assume people have heard his radio show; I never have, but remember him from his CEO days at Godfather's pizza. That's pretty much what I know about him.
Sarah would be a star, it's true, but whether she could go all the way, I don't know. Palin v. Obama would stir up a lot of personal hatred on both sides. :(

I think I'm ready to learn more about Jon Huntsman. :rolleyes:

Rcd
05-31-2011, 02:33 PM

You're probably right, he's under the telescope. I just feel that all war time presidents could find a better way to spend their time on the one day that is set aside to honor those that made the ultimate sacrifice. I served and lost a few friends so I am sensitive about this particular day.

Adam Wood
05-31-2011, 02:41 PM
So far, I haven't seen a right day to play golf for Obama.You know he just went and took up golf just to spite you. If you hadn't gone and said that you hoped he didn't take up golf, none of this would have happened.

NJCardFan
05-31-2011, 02:48 PM
You liberals are such hypocrites. Michael Moore made a whole fucking movie about Bush playing golf after 9/11 but that's OK with you. And do you know what? Bush saw the error of his ways and didn't play a single round for 6 of the 8 years he was in office. While in 2 years in office, Obama has taken more actual vacations than Bush had in his 8 years. GWB at worst would go to his ranch in Texas. I don't recall GWB jetting to Nantucket to eat lobster while most of the country struggles through a recession. But your boy did. But that's OK, right? :rolleyes:

Oh, and Nove, stop with the stupid strawmen. How can you even dream to compare veterans enjoying a holiday with their families to Obama playing golf? What the fuck has Obama done for the military? Did he serve? Fuck no. He wouldn't piss on a soldier if he was on fire let alone honor them by being low key on Memorial Day. At least the veterans EARNED the right to enjoy the holiday with their families by actually serving their country. Obama hasn't. Big difference.

Arroyo_Doble
05-31-2011, 02:50 PM
You know he just went and took up golf just to spite you. If you hadn't gone and said that you hoped he didn't take up golf, none of this would have happened.

Well, at least he bowls in private, I suppose.

Arroyo_Doble
05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
You liberals are such hypocrites. Michael Moore made a whole fucking movie about Bush playing golf after 9/11 but that's OK with you.

Michael Moore is free to make a movie about whatever he fucking wants and I am free to do what I usually do and not watch it.

Like I give a shit about Moore.

Zathras
05-31-2011, 03:08 PM

Nope, I would have complained about how undignified it looked for the the President to be crawling around on hands and knees on sacred ground. You, on the other hand, would have no problem with him soiling the Presidency with such an action.

Odysseus
05-31-2011, 03:18 PM
By Nile Gardiner
May 31st, 2011
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/nilegardiner/100090074/obamas-decision-to-play-golf-on-memorial-day-was-disrespectful-and-hardly-presidential/

Can you imagine David Cameron enjoying a round of golf on Remembrance Sunday? It would be inconceivable for the British Prime Minister to do so, and not just because of the usually dire weather at that time of the year. Above all, it would be viewed as an act of extremely bad taste on a day when the nation remembers and mourns her war dead. I canít imagine the PM even considering it, and Iím sure his advisers would be horrified at the idea. And if the prime minister ever did play golf on such a sacrosanct day he would be given a massive drubbing by the British press, and it would never be repeated.

Contrast this with President Obamaís decision to play golf yesterday, Memorial Day, for the 70th time during his 28-month long presidency. For tens of millions of Americans, Memorial Day is a time for remembrance of the huge sacrifices made by servicemen and women on the battlefield. The president did pay his respects in the morning, laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery, but later in the day traveled to Fort Belvoir to play golf. The story has not been reported so far in a single US newspaper, but was made public by veteran White House correspondent Keith Koffler on his blog. Hereís Kofflerís report:

The business of memorializing our war dead done, President Obama headed out to the Fort Belvoir golf course today, finding his way onto the links for the ninth weekend in a row.

Obama earlier today laid a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and met with families of those killed in battle. But he emerged from the dayís solemnity to go golfing for the 12th time this year and the 70th time of his presidency.

The decision to golf on Memorial Day invites comparison with President George W. Bush, who gave up the game early in his presidency and said he did it out of respect for the families of those killed in Iraq.

Does it matter if the president chooses to play golf on Memorial Day, and for the second time in his presidency (he did so as well in 2009)? I think it does, and it displays extraordinarily bad judgment, not only by Obama himself but also by his advisers. His chief of staff for example should have firmly cautioned against it. President Obama is not just any American but Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces. The United States is currently engaged in a major war in Afghanistan with over 100,000 troops on the ground, and more than 1,500 have already laid down their lives for their country.

The least the president can do on Memorial Day is spend the whole day with veterans and servicemenís families while acknowledging their sacrifice. As Koffler points out above, President George W. Bush stopped playing golf out of respect for the families of Iraq War dead. This demonstrated not only good judgment but humility and respect for the men and women who keep America safe. It is little wonder that, as Gallup reveals in a new poll, US military personnel and veterans give Barack Obama lower marks for his job performance than members of the general public. The presidentís actions smack of poor taste, as well a lack of empathy and support for the US military, hardly the kind of leadership the White House should be projecting at a time of war.

wilbur
05-31-2011, 03:35 PM
My God! Does his depravity know no bounds?!

Odysseus
05-31-2011, 03:43 PM

Perhaps if you'd spent a year or two in Iraq or Afghanistan, you'd find the disrespect shown towards us by the left less amusing.

lacarnut
05-31-2011, 04:14 PM

It surely has no limits when he proposes to cut military salaries the day before Memorial Day and our troops are engaged in life and death struggles.

Don't you think this POS could have made more of an effort to observe their ultimate sacrifice.

Zathras
05-31-2011, 04:55 PM
Perhaps if you'd spent a year or two in Iraq or Afghanistan, you'd find the disrespect shown towards us by the left less amusing.

The only way little wilbur would spend any time in Iraq or Afghanistan is serving on the side that's trying to kill Americans there.

Odysseus
05-31-2011, 06:18 PM
The only way little wilbur would spend any time in Iraq or Afghanistan is serving on the side that's trying to kill Americans there.

Nah. He knows better than that. He won't admit it to us, but he knows that he'd never last a minute among the faithful. They'd have his head off faster than you can say "Allahu Albar." Wilbur just loves to preen. It's all about the pretense of moral superiority, not the reality of it.

txradioguy
05-31-2011, 07:47 PM

You wouldn't be such a thoughtless shit head about this if you had some friends in Section 60 at ANC.

Odysseus
06-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Wilbur, since the idea of actually treating anything beyond your petty beliefs with respect or admiration is completely alien to you, I will present the following from Hope'n'Change cartoons. The bolded text explains exactly why Obama's conduct is wrong. I don't expect you to understand this, since it's about honoring those who have sacrificed themselves in order to protect your right to be, well, whatever it is that you think that you are, and the word "honor" isn't in your vocabulary, but at least try to understand where those of us who have lost friends and loved ones are coming from.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PsFEK7u7Ir8/TeUFECFj_QI/AAAAAAAADAk/YnVwGNXUvqs/s640/Teed%2BOff.jpg

On the one day of the year set aside to honor America's military dead, our nation's Commander in Chief decided to go golfing. Again.

Oh sure, he dropped by Arlington Cemetery to lay a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns...but rather than spend the rest of the day visiting with military families or pretending to be solemnly contemplative, Barack Obama put on his "lucky golf shirt" (the one he was wearing when he was dragged off the links to see "some TV show about Osama bin Laden" in the Situation Room) and hit the greens for the 70th time of his presidency.

In fact, despite ongoing wars around the world, domestic fiscal meltdowns, and inconceivable death and destruction in America's "tornado alley," Mr. Obama has now racked up nine consecutive weekends in which he's decided the best use of his time is whacking a ball around the fairways.

And God help us all...he's probably right.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PMkRQXNksLk/TeUKYoF8svI/AAAAAAAADAs/kwNBnzrAG6s/s640/ArlingtonGolf.jpg

Arroyo_Doble
06-01-2011, 02:13 PM
Wilbur, since the idea of actually treating anything beyond your petty beliefs with respect or admiration is completely alien to you, I will present the following from Hope'n'Change cartoons.

That's just damn funny, right there.

ralph wiggum
06-01-2011, 02:13 PM
I would say that Obama playing golf period is disrespectful to the game of golf.

Arroyo_Doble
06-01-2011, 02:15 PM
I would say that Obama playing golf period is disrespectful to the game of golf.

Not possible.

Odysseus
06-01-2011, 02:59 PM
That's just damn funny, right there.

You are easily amused.

Arroyo_Doble
06-01-2011, 03:05 PM
You are easily amused.

Yea, I suppose. When I see a complete lack of self-awareness, it usually makes me smile.

wilbur
06-01-2011, 03:11 PM
I don't expect you to understand this, since it's about honoring those who have sacrificed themselves in order to protect your right to be, well, whatever it is that you think that you are, and the word "honor" isn't in your vocabulary, but at least try to understand where those of us who have lost friends and loved ones are coming from.

Oh I understand where you are coming from... totally... one should never fail to take advantage of memorial day (or any other similar opportunity) in order to assassinate the character of a (D) president.

:)

ralph wiggum
06-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Not possible.

I'm a golf snob, so that's just my opinion. :cool:

wilbur
06-01-2011, 03:14 PM

Yea, me the militant atheist, anti-theist is going to go join Al Queda? :confused:

Atheist.... Muslim.... practically the same thing (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20048494-503544.html).

Bailey
06-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Oh I understand where you are coming from... totally... one should never fail to take advantage of memorial day (or any other similar opportunity) in order to assassinate the character of a (D) president.

Wrong again....as usual.

Zathras
06-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Yea, I suppose. When I see a complete lack of self-awareness, it usually makes me smile.

So you must laugh your ass off when you look in the mirror.

Odysseus
06-01-2011, 05:56 PM
No, Wilbur. If a Republican president had done this, I'd have been just as disgusted. Even Bill ("I love my country but loathe the military") Clinton had more class than that. But, you tell us, Wilbur, how did you spend Memorial Day? Did you explain to your kids that it's a day to reflect on the sacrifices of those who died so that America would remain free? Did you express gratitude to a veteran for the time taken out of his life so that you'd enjoy the blessings of American liberty? Or did you just sneer at the patriotic rubes that lack your sophistication and elitist sensibilities while you kicked back on what was, to you, just another long weekend?

Yea, me the militant atheist, anti-theist is going to go join Al Queda? :confused:

Atheist.... Muslim.... practically the same thing (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20048494-503544.html).

Wilbur, no one thinks that you would ever join al Qaeda. For one thing, they have standards. What he meant is that, when the US is confronted with something that threatens to undo us, whether it is a scientific scam, a moral failure redisignated as a virtue, or an enemy who seeks to destroy the Constitutional order and subvert it to Sharia law, you will invariably take whichever side makes you feel the most superior to the rest of us, regardless of the facts, the danger or the outcome.

lacarnut
06-01-2011, 06:23 PM

True. He needs to take lessons to keep from getting worse.