PDA

View Full Version : Watered Down Tuesday

Rockntractor
05-31-2011, 11:53 AM
79 20% chance of storms and cloudy
I don't need rain today but judging by the clouds we will be getting some

TOTD: Water, do you drink the stuff?

Personally I think it needs something mixed with it like flavor and fizz!
Are you one of the naive ones that drink it bottled?
Is fluoride a gubmint plan to turn our brains into willing mush?
Wet say you?

Arroyo_Doble
05-31-2011, 11:58 AM
Yes. Quite a lot, actually.

Gingersnap
05-31-2011, 12:00 PM
It's finally going to warm up here today but it will be windy.

TOTD: I never believed any of that 8 glasses of water a day stuff. It's obvious that somebody who isn't working hard can easily get all the water he or she needs out of coffee, tea, soft drinks, milk, and gravy (or whatever). The only time I have ever bought bottled water was for parties. I'm normally pretty suspicious about government additives but fluoride might be okay; especially if you don't drink too much water and stick to raw milk instead. :cool:

linda22003
05-31-2011, 12:11 PM
I reenact the miracle at Cana every day. I drink water all day, and around 6 pm it turns to.... wine. :)

fettpett
05-31-2011, 12:58 PM
I drink water quite a bit, need to drink more, but it's more than I use to when I was working. Depends on the day and how I feel, I'll throw a lemon in or make some tea and just drink it that way.

Gingersnap
05-31-2011, 01:05 PM
I reenact the miracle at Cana every day. I drink water all day, and around 6 pm it turns to.... wine. :)

I wish I liked more wines.

Rcd
05-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Water, by the gallon full. We're on a well and the difference between city water and well water is quite distinct.

We could use some rain, the pastures are a tad dry and it's much to early in the year to supplement the feed.

linda22003
05-31-2011, 01:20 PM
I wish I liked more wines.

Practice, practice, practice. :)

Phillygirl
05-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Water is my primary drink. I will have a couple of cups of coffee or tea during the workday, but I don't drink soda, so unless it's an adult beverage, water is my primary choice for thirst. I don't buy bottled water, usually, although at times I will buy some for the office because it's easier for me to drink that, rather than constantly fill up the small cups that we have. For home use, it's just plain old tap water, generally no ice.

pyackog
05-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Mid 90s here today and all week long.

TOTD: I've been drinking more water than I had but am still doing 3 or 4 cokes per day which I REALLY want to stop doing!

Undies
05-31-2011, 01:38 PM
I am very fond of water. I've been a big water drinker my whole life. When eating out I order water with lemon (and not because I am too cheap to pay two bucks for a glass of iced tea even if I do find that ridiculous).

Water. It's what's for dinner.

Phillygirl
05-31-2011, 02:00 PM
I am very fond of water. I've been a big water drinker my whole life. When eating out I order water with lemon (and not because I am too cheap to pay two bucks for a glass of iced tea even if I do find that ridiculous).

Water. It's what's for dinner.

Ever since I saw a report on cross-contamination in restaurants relative to lemons I've tried to stay away from the lemon. I don't make a specific request not to have the lemon, I just don't ask for it. Unfortunately, most restaurants now add the lemon. :o

Articulate_Ape
05-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Yes. Quite a lot, actually.

Ditto. I consume at least a couple gallons a day. I'm a thirsty ape.

NJCardFan
05-31-2011, 07:41 PM
I drink 2 24oz bottles of water a day while at work. At home, more of a soda/iced tea kind of guy.

namvet
05-31-2011, 09:15 PM
Ditto. I consume at least a couple gallons a day. I'm a thirsty ape.

then you turn into a pissy ape :D

Articulate_Ape
05-31-2011, 09:39 PM
then you turn into a pissy ape :D

Nah, the gallon of scotch counter balances it nicely. :D

Apache
05-31-2011, 10:21 PM
The heat goes up, the water itake does too.
3 1/2 gals. today alone....

Stinkin' humidity....:mad::mad:

Starbuck
05-31-2011, 10:36 PM
I had hernia surgery a coupla weeks ago. Surgeon remarked that I was dehydrated. Said he open me up and nothing happened.:confused:

Ever since he made that comment I've been trying to take in a bit more water. Trouble is, I'm just not thirsty and I don't like water.

Flavoring it helps a lot. But it's a chore for me.

fettpett
05-31-2011, 11:13 PM
I had hernia surgery a coupla weeks ago. Surgeon remarked that I was dehydrated. Said he open me up and nothing happened.:confused:

Ever since he made that comment I've been trying to take in a bit more water. Trouble is, I'm just not thirsty and I don't like water.

Flavoring it helps a lot. But it's a chore for me.

buy some lemons or limes and throw them in a pitcher with the water, or make some ice tea but don't sweeten it at all, if you don't want the caffeine use herbal teas

Kay
06-01-2011, 12:39 AM
I drink a lot of water. I have to drink bottled or R/O water.
Just ask TxRadio about our hometown water supply. Bleah....
It comes from a putrid man made lake that shouldn't even
be on the planet in this area. A coffee pot or a hot water
heater only lasts about a year or two here, then it's so
clogged up with mineral deposit you have to replace it.

Now the town I'm originally from 67 miles west of here,
gets it's water supply from natural ground water wells.
Best tasting water in the state that is.

It was only 97 here today. A chill in the air compared
to the last week. We actually even had a few clouds in
the sky and about a 10% chance of rain.

Rockntractor
06-01-2011, 12:48 AM
I need to thank Ginger for a great Idea for a day thread!:)

Starbuck
06-01-2011, 09:19 AM
buy some lemons or limes and throw them in a pitcher with the water, or make some ice tea but don't sweeten it at all, if you don't want the caffeine use herbal teas

Yeah. Those are good ideas. Helps a little. Except those herbal teas don't taste like much to me.

During the winter I drink hot water & honey. It makes kind of a pleasant tea, but obviously I wasn't drinking enough of it. I think I'm doomed to be forever dehydrated. Doc told me I won't pass but one kidney stone before I see the light.:)

fettpett
06-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Yeah. Those are good ideas. Helps a little. Except those herbal teas don't taste like much to me.

During the winter I drink hot water & honey. It makes kind of a pleasant tea, but obviously I wasn't drinking enough of it. I think I'm doomed to be forever dehydrated. Doc told me I won't pass but one kidney stone before I see the light.:)

find some GOOD tea, at a specialty store or oriental grocery store, Lipton is crap for tea, find some strong flavors that you like and use that, or use multiple bags.

Try some of this stuff too http://www.truelemon.com/ you can get it at Walmart, they use to have it at GFC but haven't seen it recently

lacarnut
06-01-2011, 06:06 PM
We need rain here badly. My grass is turning yellow in spots so I will turn on the sprinkler this pm.

TOTD: Baton Rouge has some of the best well water in the US. Used to drink it on the golf course but now milk and root-beer is my choice of drinks.