PDA

View Full Version : " Thanks To Obama’s Policies "

megimoo
05-31-2011, 03:10 PM
World food prices are on the rise. Here in the US, corn has nearly doubled in price in the last year. Wheat is up 57%, soybeans are up 39%. These are staple grains that affect the price of nearly everything we buy. Over the last year, meat and milk are up 25%.

Everyone knows gas has doubled in price since Obama took office. Inflation is killing the middle class, while job creation is at best slow. The dollar continues to slide, creating more inflation and more difficulties for the middle class.

Meanwhile 1 in 7 Americans are on food stamps, which is an absurdly high number. By subsidizing food for that many Americans, the government is artificially driving food prices up. This of course only makes it more difficult the lower middle class to afford food, which drives more people to food stamps.

The Federal and state governments are facing massive deficits, taxpayers can no longer afford to subsidize food for so many people. Worse, food stamp fraud has become a serious problem in many parts of the nation. Food stamp welfare has grown so much that the government is having trouble keeping track of where all the money is going.

http://stevenbirnspeaks.wordpress.com/2011/05/05/economy-weak-thanks-to-obamas-policies/

Apocalypse
05-31-2011, 05:48 PM
World food prices are on the rise. Here in the US, corn has nearly doubled in price in the last year. Wheat is up 57%, soybeans are up 39%. These are staple grains that affect the price of nearly everything we buy. Over the last year, meat and milk are up 25%.

The rest I won't touch, but this I will.

I live in Iowa, corn here is more popular then grass on the lawn. Corn is rising in price, but its not solely to do with Obama, and in fact its been rising for better part of a decade. You have ethanol, increased corn exports, corn byproducts now used in every thing, and in larger amounts. When demand grows, so does the price. Several years ago, a corn furnace were the rage as corn was cheap, now burning corn cost almost the same as gas, in some cases more.

Wheat IDK, beans are being used more too.

Meat and milk, is not higher because of Obama, its more to do with corn, or should I say the price. Its easier to plant corn, then tend cattle.

In 1963 there were well over 100 mil. head of cattle in this country. This year it is est. at about 31.3 million head.

Raising cattle is hard work, Raising a crop is not so much.

megimoo
05-31-2011, 06:02 PM
The rest I won't touch, but this I will.

I live in Iowa, corn here is more popular then grass on the lawn. Corn is rising in price, but its not solely to do with Obama, and in fact its been rising for better part of a decade. You have ethanol, increased corn exports, corn byproducts now used in every thing, and in larger amounts. When demand grows, so does the price. Several years ago, a corn furnace were the rage as corn was cheap, now burning corn cost almost the same as gas, in some cases more.

Wheat IDK, beans are being used more too.

Meat and milk, is not higher because of Obama, its more to do with corn, or should I say the price. Its easier to plant corn, then tend cattle.

In 1963 there were well over 100 mil. head of cattle in this country. This year it is est. at about 31.3 million head.

Raising cattle is hard work, Raising a crop is not so much.

Last time I was there corn was pig food.Millions of pigs and corn growing everywhere .Are there two differewnt grades of corn grown or do you feed the pigs the high priced corn ?

Starbuck
05-31-2011, 06:14 PM
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/charts/big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=uup&uf=0&type=2&size=2&sid=2610340&style=320&freq=1&time=8&rand=695843867&compidx=&ma=0&maval=9&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&height=335&width=579&mocktick=1
This is a one year chart of UUP, which is the US dollar as compared to a basket of other currencies. Since wheat and a host of other products are traded world wide in dollars, the dollars decline is one source of wheat's escalation in price. There are other factors, but this is one, because all those other currencies would make a chart just the reverse of this one.

megimoo
05-31-2011, 06:25 PM
http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/charts/big.chart?nosettings=1&symb=uup&uf=0&type=2&size=2&sid=2610340&style=320&freq=1&time=8&rand=695843867&compidx=&ma=0&maval=9&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&height=335&width=579&mocktick=1
This is a one year chart of UUP, which is the US dollar as compared to a basket of other currencies. Since wheat and a host of other products are traded world wide in dollars, the dollars decline is one source of wheat's escalation in price. There are other factors, but this is one, because all those other currencies would make a chart just the reverse of this one.The decline also helps sell grain to foreign buyers !