PDA

View Full Version : "The Israel Navy Prepared to Board Turkish Flotilla Ships if They Don't Stop' "

megimoo
05-31-2011, 03:56 PM
The Israel Navy is prepared to intercept and take control of the ships participating in the new flotilla to the Gaza Strip, a senior Navy officer said Tuesday on the anniversary of the IDF operation to stop the Mavi Marmara that ended in the death of nine Turkish nationals.

"We will order the ship to stop, but if they don't, we are prepared to intercept and board the ship," a senior officer told reporters.
(Snip)
According to international maritime laws, however, the Israel Navy is allowed to intercept and take control of a ship that declares its intentions to sail to Gaza even before it enters the waters that are under the blockade.

Comments:
So much for the leftists declaring that Israel's actions are ''illegal.'' I hope the surprises they have in store for these rabble just overwhelms them and stops the ships dead. (Above or below the waves is fine with me.)

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=222998

Bailey
05-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Sink the bastards

Rcd
05-31-2011, 04:09 PM
Sink the bastards

Too much paperwork.

Odysseus
05-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Too much paperwork.

Not really. The ammunition expenditure is a pretty straightforward count on standard forms.

megimoo
05-31-2011, 04:28 PM
Not really. The ammunition expenditure is a pretty straightforward count on standard forms.Would you expect the Turks to call for a general Islamic invasion of Israel if the IDF boarded and scuttled a few Turkish ships ?

Arroyo_Doble
05-31-2011, 04:30 PM
I thought the offing of the Turks (one, born in the United States and therefor a fellow citizen) recently pretty much made the rest pliable. I doubt there would be any resistance if the Israelis decide to board the ships.

And I thought Egypt opened the Gaza border crossing. Hasn't the blockade of cookies and art supplies pretty much been ended?

Last, I would not like to see NATO ally ships sunk, civilian or otherwise.

Odysseus
05-31-2011, 04:45 PM
I thought the offing of the Turks (one, born in the United States and therefor a fellow citizen) recently pretty much made the rest pliable. I doubt there would be any resistance if the Israelis decide to board the ships.

And I thought Egypt opened the Gaza border crossing. Hasn't the blockade of cookies and art supplies pretty much been ended?

Last, I would not like to see NATO ally ships sunk, civilian or otherwise.

There never was a blockade of cookies and art supplies, but apparently there is a blockade around certain liberals that prevents information from penetrating.

Arroyo_Doble
05-31-2011, 04:48 PM
There never was a blockade of cookies and art supplies, but apparently there is a blockade around certain liberals that prevents information from penetrating.

I don't know about "never" (did they even make a list available to the public?) but the blockade of cookies ended last year so that is good news.

The Link (http://abcnews.go.com/International/Media/israel-signals-partial-easing-gaza-blockade/story?id=10873488)

Odysseus
05-31-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't know about "never" (did they even make a list available to the public?) but the blockade of cookies ended last year so that is good news.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxaDmAyt84g
Yeah, conditions in Gaza look really tragic there.

The Link (http://abcnews.go.com/International/Media/israel-signals-partial-easing-gaza-blockade/story?id=10873488)

The article didn't mention cookies. But it did mention a few things that require clarification.

Israel signaled a partial easing of its three-year long economic blockade of the Hamas-run Gaza Strip Wednesday, announcing that potato chips, fruit juices, Coca Cola, cookies and other snack foods would be allowed in starting next week.
It's not an economic blockade, but a military one. The primary purpose is to restrict weapons, not trade goods.

The Palestinians claim it is collective punishment and designed to put pressure on Hamas to release captured Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, who has been held for almost four years.

Shalit's "capture" implies a state of war. If Gaza is holding an Israeli prisoner, then they are acknowledging that they are at war with Israel, and a blockade is a legitimate tool of war. And, of course, Hamas has repeatedly called for the death, not just of Israelis, but of every Jew in the world. Pardon me if I don't feel a whole lot of sympathy for them.

Arroyo_Doble
05-31-2011, 05:44 PM
The article didn't mention cookies.

Israel signaled a partial easing of its three-year long economic blockade of the Hamas-run Gaza Strip Wednesday, announcing that potato chips, fruit juices, Coca Cola, cookies and other snack foods would be allowed in starting next week.

I disagree.

Odysseus
05-31-2011, 05:51 PM
I disagree.

I stand corrected. However, the remaining points are still valid, especially the video of the Gaza Mall and the horrific conditions therein. Oh, the humanity. :rolleyes: