PDA

View Full Version : Dodgers Fan Drops Daughter to Catch Foul Ball...

megimoo
06-01-2011, 08:48 AM
L.A. fan drops daughter for chance at foul ball (video)

It's a touching father-daughter moment at Dodger Stadium.

Dad holds up daughter to watch as foul ball sails into the stands.

Dad, realizing ball is coming straight at him, drops daughter.

OUCH! HEY DAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YlK4DlzNsc&feature=player_embedded

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/hottopics/detail?entry_id=90041&tsp=1

linda22003
06-01-2011, 09:40 AM
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base."

- Dave Barry

megimoo
06-01-2011, 09:45 AM
"If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there is a man on base."

- Dave Barry

Most woman wouldn't even notice the fly ball untill it beaned her on the head !

pyackog
06-01-2011, 10:06 AM
It would have been tolerable to drop the daughter if he hadn't have dropped the damn ball too!

fettpett
06-01-2011, 11:06 AM
what is up with Dodger's fans? first they beat the shit out of a dude, now they are dropping their kids....

Bailey
06-01-2011, 11:09 AM
It would have been tolerable to drop the daughter if he hadn't have dropped the damn ball too!

There is no forgiveness for failure. :D

pyackog
06-01-2011, 01:11 PM
There is no forgiveness for failure. :D

No doubt. My daughter is 5 and would have understood perfectly if I had to drop her to catch a ball that I then gave to her. Bad hands like his though would have gotten me the dirty eyeball. :D

Articulate_Ape
06-01-2011, 01:13 PM
He was doing it wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGx_FJpo--o&NR=1

Bailey
06-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I remember going to a phillies game with my Dad and uncle, I was in my twenties at the time and being the sensitive person that I am reached out and caught a foul ball right over the out stretched hands of two kids. My dad guilted me into giving it to one of the kids I robbed :D

To this day I have never forgiven my dad for doing that to me, never got close to catching another ball lol :D;) :(

pyackog
06-01-2011, 01:21 PM
I remember going to a phillies game with my Dad and uncle, I was in my twenties at the time and being the sensitive person that I am reached out and caught a foul ball right over the out stretched hands of two kids. My dad guilted me into giving it to one of the kids I robbed :D

To this day I have never forgiven my dad for doing that to me, never got close to catching another ball lol

Hee hee. I got caught on TV doing that at Yankee Stadium when I was 14. My friends gave me ALL kinds of shit the next day at school. Was my first ball though! :D

NJCardFan
06-01-2011, 01:36 PM
I have never come close to a foul ball. The closest I have ever come to a ball was 3 home runs hit by Eric Davis of the Reds. I did get a practice hockey puck one time before a Phantoms game.

Zathras
06-01-2011, 02:47 PM
What an idiot!!!! If you're going to drop your daughter to catch a foul ball....AT LEAST CATCH THE DAMNED BALL!!!!

:D

Bailey
06-01-2011, 02:50 PM
What an idiot!!!! If you're going to drop your daughter to catch a foul ball....AT LEAST CATCH THE DAMNED BALL!!!!

:D

Well its the damn kids fault for trusting her dad at a time like that :D