PDA

View Full Version : Pence: Palin Would be Immediate Contender for Nomination, If She Runs

megimoo
06-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Sarah Palin would be a "force to reckon with" in the Republican presidential primary if she runs, Rep. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) said Wednesday.

Pence, a candidate for governor of Indiana who passed on his own run for the White House despite the beckoning of conservatives, said he thought that Palin, the former governor of Alaska, would immediately be a contender if she decides to enter the race.

"I think Sarah Palin is unquestionably a contender the very day she becomes a candidate, if she chooses to run," Pence said on MSNBC. "No question Sarah Palin would be a force to reckon with in the Republican primaries, if she enters the fight."

Palin has received increased attention after having embarked on a national bus tour that included, on Tuesday, stops in Pennsylvania and a meeting in New York City with Donald Trump, another former presidential candidate. Speculation about Palin's ambitions will only grow when she travels later in her trip to New Hampshire, the host of the first-in-the-nation primary.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/164113-pence-palin-would-be-immediate-contender-for-nomination-if-she-runs?utm_campaign=briefingroom&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterfeed

Rockntractor
06-02-2011, 12:33 AM
I think she would start with a bang and then fizzle, I'm wrong a lot about this kind of stuff though.
I thought Rudy would take the nomination last time and he didn't make it out of Florida.

lacarnut
06-02-2011, 01:01 AM
If she runs, she has an issue that separates her from the rest of the pack and that is how are we going to create millions of great paying jobs. She knows more about energy that the rest of them combined. Her expertise in the oil and gas field is unmatched. That is the ticket (job creation) to a Republican victory. The energy issue is the ace in the hole for Republicans. However, we have to someone that can deliver that message. As an alternative, I would like to see Gov. Perry TX jump into the fray. Reducing taxes, regulations and cutting spending will only take us so far. More drilling will not only add revenues to the treasury but it will decrease the dollars going overseas. Weaning ourselves of foreign oil is critical and greenie energy will never get us there.

If she runs, I think she will be the next President.

Articulate_Ape
06-02-2011, 01:05 AM
Once the pre-game show is over, she will step to the sidelines and cheer; all the while selling cheerleader memorabilia. Then she'll right a book about it.

lacarnut
06-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Once the pre-game show is over, she will step to the sidelines and cheer; all the while selling cheerleader memorabilia. Then she'll right a book about it.

You are probably right. Rove thinks she is running but just about every other Repub pundit does not think so. Perry might run if he thinks the field is weak. We should know in about 2 months.

megimoo
06-02-2011, 11:16 AM
You are probably right. Rove thinks she is running but just about every other Repub pundit does not think so. Perry might run if he thinks the field is weak. We should know in about 2 months.

If she chooses to run she will draw 'flack' from every weaked kneed Progressive/Maoist asswipe in America..Both parties,RINOS and every swishie critter will be on her case.She will have her major support from those of us who see the danger America faces from these evil, Progressive/Maoist,Anti-Constitutional,Anti-American critters.

Arroyo_Doble
06-02-2011, 11:17 AM
If she chooses to run she will draw 'flack' from every weaked kneed Progressive/Maoist asswipe in America..Both parties,RINOS and every swishie critter will be on her case.She will have her major support from those of us who see the danger America faces from these evil, Progressive/Maoist,Anti-Constitutional,Anti-American critters.

And bears. Don't forget the bears.

megimoo
06-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Did I hit a nerve whitebread ?

Arroyo_Doble
06-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Did I hit a nerve whitebread ?

Yes. The ulnar nerve.

jendf
06-02-2011, 11:39 AM
I like her a lot and agree with almost everything she says, but I wouldn't vote for her again in a primary. I don't think she can unite the conservative base the way maybe Perry or Cain could.

She's one of those people who I think is more valuable outside of the office, free to hammer away--on her terms--at the liberal nonsense we see everyday. The same way Rush Limbaugh does with his radio show.

megimoo
06-02-2011, 12:11 PM
I like her a lot and agree with almost everything she says, but I wouldn't vote for her again in a primary. I don't think she can unite the conservative base the way maybe Perry or Cain could.

She's one of those people who I think is more valuable outside of the office, free to hammer away--on her terms--at the liberal nonsense we see everyday. The same way Rush Limbaugh does with his radio show.

I agree with you....I have been reading your posts of late more closely and I am much impressed .You have an grasp and understanding of the issues that requires careful consideration .

Palin will draw so much flack that she will be just about un electable...The Progressives all cry whenever the Conservatives fight back but they have no problem ganging up on any viable candidate the Conservatives offer.

Palin's tour America was a great idea now even the RINOS are doing the same thing ....Palin seems especially good at conecting with the people on the local level .The Liberal Gangbangers will be out in droves in an attempt to destroy her at every stop she makes.

She needs a squad of her own people to run off the progressive goons when they show up .The local cops are all union so when the SEIU union goons show up there won't be any help from them .

The best hope the Conservatives have will be either Perry or Christy. Either one could destroy our Manchurian Presidential Pretender.The political warfare will be intense and bloody but Obama must be defeated or America is lost for good ....

megimoo
06-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Yes. The ulnar nerve.
I would've expected it to be the femoral nerve..Kneejerk ?

jendf
06-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I agree with you....I have been reading your posts of late more closely and I am much impressed .You have an grasp and understanding of the issues that requires careful consideration .

Palin will draw so much flack that she will be just about un electable...The Progressives all cry whenever the Conservatives fight back but they have no problem ganging up on any viable candidate the Conservatives offer.

Palin's tour America was a great idea now even the RINOS are doing the same thing ....Palin seems especially good at conecting with the people on the local level .The Liberal Gangbangers will be out in droves in an attempt to destroy her at every stop she makes.

She needs a squad of her own people to run off the progressive goons when they show up .The local cops are all union so when the SEIU union goons show up there won't be any help from them .

The best hope the Conservatives have will be either Perry or Christy. Either one could destroy our Manchurian Presidential Pretender.The political warfare will be intense and bloody but Obama must be defeated or America is lost for good ....

As you should be! :p

megimoo
06-02-2011, 02:08 PM
As you should be! :pYour modesty becomes you !:D

Bailey
06-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Just the sheer enjoyment of seeing AD and we we's (and every other liberals) head explode would be worth my vote.

Arroyo_Doble
06-02-2011, 02:20 PM
Just the sheer enjoyment of seeing AD and we we's (and every other liberals) head explode would be worth my vote.

You are confused on the volatility of the chemicals in my head if you think Palin entering the race would do that to them. I think it would be a lark.

BTW, no way she pisses Roger Ailes off by getting into the race. That is the wrong guy to cross.

wilbur
06-02-2011, 02:28 PM
It all depends who she picks for her running mate, because if Sarah won, he/she would replace her when she retires half-way through the term.

lacarnut
06-02-2011, 02:34 PM
It all depends who she picks for her running mate, because if she won, he/she would replace her when she retires half-way through her term.

Don't fret. It will be a liberals worst nightmare when she becomes President.

wilbur
06-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Don't fret. It will be a liberals worst nightmare when she becomes President.

As I said though, we'd probably get two years max of Palin, so its not so bad. She's so rogue, she'll retire from anything.

Bailey
06-02-2011, 02:37 PM
It all depends who she picks for her running mate, because if Sarah won, he/she would replace her when she retires half-way through the term.

Yes but by then your head would have exploded(and every other liberal) so its a net win for me

megimoo
06-02-2011, 02:37 PM
You are confused by the volatility of the chemicals in my head if you think Palin entering the race would do that to them. I think it would be a lark.

BTW, no way she pisses Roger Ailes off by getting into the race. That is the wrong guy to cross.
There's no way to confuse the viscosity of that mass of confusion in your cranium,it's very obvious in your posts...What makes you think she's actually going to run ? She's just jerking the MSM around and having a good time while building her creds !.....BTW is the paint dry yet ?

lacarnut
06-02-2011, 02:58 PM
As I said though, we'd probably get two years max of Palin, so its not so bad. She's so rogue, she'll retire from anything.

We have a semi retired idiot in the WH who is either on the golf course or on vacation every week. So, two years of governing by Palin would be more than Obama's 4 years of diddling.

Rockntractor
06-02-2011, 03:21 PM

And Wieners, don't forget the bear wieners!:confused:

Arroyo_Doble
06-02-2011, 03:22 PM
There's no way to confuse the viscosity of that mass of confusion in your cranium,it's very obvious in your posts...What makes you think she's actually going to run ? She's just jerking the MSM around and having a good time while building her creds !.....BTW is the paint dry yet ?

I don't.

Hawkgirl
06-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Too many people call her a quitter for giving up the Governor's seat. The libs/media will make that issue front and center. I hope she doesn't run, it will make the Republican Primaries a circus.
I would rather have Cain or Pawlenty.

CueSi
06-02-2011, 06:43 PM
Too many people call her a quitter for giving up the Governor's seat. The libs/media will make that issue front and center. I hope she doesn't run, it will make the Republican Primaries a circus.
I would rather have Cain or Pawlenty.

I think she'll be the attack dog for certain candidates if they become the nominee. I can see her running interference for Cain, Bachmann and even long shots like McCotter. She will not work with Romney or any of the "establishment" candidates, I'm pretty sure of that.

~QC

Rockntractor
06-02-2011, 07:09 PM
She will not work with Romney or any of the "establishment" candidates, I'm pretty sure of that.

~QC

If one of them is the Republican nominee she will.

Novaheart
06-02-2011, 07:22 PM
I think she'll be the attack dog for certain candidates if they become the nominee. I can see her running interference for Cain, Bachmann and even long shots like McCotter. She will not work with Romney or any of the "establishment" candidates, I'm pretty sure of that.

~QC

I just realized how much beauty queens and professional candidates have in common.
There is no use whatsoever in telling Sarah Palin or Mike Haridopoulis that they can't win.

lacarnut
06-02-2011, 09:22 PM
I just realized how much beauty queens and professional candidates have in common.
There is no use whatsoever in telling Sarah Palin or Mike Haridopoulis that they can't win.

In my many years playing in amateur and pro am golf tournaments, I never once though I was going to lose a competition. Same deal playing pool and ping pong in the Army. Playing to win is what life is all about. Otherwise, you are a loser. Sounds like you. Plus, you never know if you can win unless you try.