PDA

View Full Version : Octomom's Doctor Has License Revoked For 'Mega-Birth'

Gingersnap
06-02-2011, 10:35 AM
Octomom's Doctor Has License Revoked For 'Mega-Birth'
Michael Kamrava

LOS ANGELES The state medical board has revoked the license of the fertility doctor who helped "Octomom" Nadya Suleman become the mother of 14 children through repeated in vitro treatments, according to a decision made public Wednesday.

The Medical Board of California said it was necessary to revoke Dr. Michael Kamrava's license to protect the public. The revocation takes effect July 1.

The Beverly Hills fertility doctor has acknowledged implanting 12 embryos into Suleman, then 33, prior to the pregnancy that produced her octuplets. It was six times the norm for a woman her age.

That was a mistake, according to the board, which rejected an earlier recommendation to give Kamrava five years of probation to dole out the harsher punishment.

Huff Po (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/01/octomoms-doctor-license-revoked_n_869991.html?ir=Weird%20News)

Hawkgirl
06-02-2011, 10:39 AM
I think this is the right ruling. I don't know what kind of void Nadya Suleman is trying to fill with these kids, but I doubt their needs are being met.
She's not like Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. I've seen her on a few interviews and the woman is "batshit crazy" as Kay would say.

noonwitch
06-02-2011, 12:32 PM
I think this is the right ruling. I don't know what kind of void Nadya Suleman is trying to fill with these kids, but I doubt their needs are being met.
She's not like Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar. I've seen her on a few interviews and the woman is "batshit crazy" as Kay would say.

I feel really badly for her children. At least The Waltons had two parents and two grandparents to raise the kids.

pyackog
06-02-2011, 12:43 PM
I'll admit I have never followed this woman's story too much. Was it her choice to have all those embryos implanted because she wanted a whole bunch of kids at once?