PDA

View Full Version : It's time....

Hawkgirl
06-02-2011, 08:17 PM
...for a Caramel Blast at Au Bon Pain. Finish off the last stretch here at work and need a pick me up.

What are your favorite frozen drinks to beat the Summer heat?

I like McDonalds' Frappe
I like Starbucks Mocha Frappucino..but they are too expensive so I switched to Mickey Dee's
I like DD & McD's Iced Coffee
And Rocky Road Chocolate Shake from Hagen Daaz (although I dont' have that often)

McDonalds has a new Strawberry Lemonade that I haven't tried yet...but will some day soon.

Rockntractor
06-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Hmmm, I have root beer and vanilla ice cream!:cool:

Phillygirl
06-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Unless it's a margarita or a daiquiri, I generally don't do frozen drinks. Too much sugar in them to be worth it. Unsweetened iced tea or just plain old water is usually good enough for me, although occasionally I will splurge and have a lemonade.

Hawkgirl
06-02-2011, 08:33 PM
Hmmm, I have root beer and vanilla ice cream!:cool:

Don't laugh, but I actually never had one of those. I know it's popular and supposed to be delicious.
Maybe I will buy Root Beer this weekend and give it a try.

Hawkgirl
06-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Too much sugar in them to be worth it.

Oh they are worth it!:D

Phillygirl
06-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Oh they are worth it!:D

For that much sugar, I want alcohol! :D

fettpett
06-02-2011, 08:55 PM
For that much sugar, I want alcohol! :D

bring a little rum with you and add it yourself ;) :D

pyackog
06-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Sweet tea or coke. Same stuff I like on a cold winter morning too. :o

Constitutionally Speaking
06-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Don't laugh, but I actually never had one of those. I know it's popular and supposed to be delicious.

You've NEVER had a root beer float? Oh my! Use A&W root beer for the best.

Hawkgirl
06-02-2011, 11:49 PM
You've NEVER had a root beer float? Oh my! Use A&W root beer for the best.

I'm not a root beer drinker...tried it as a kid and never acquired a taste for it...so I never bothered to try it again.
But now my palate is more adventurous, so I will give it a shot.

jendf
06-03-2011, 12:10 AM
One of my favorite memories from childhood is when my family would pile into the car and drive up to Cottonwood just so we could get a root beer float from the (then) only A&W Root Beer restaurant within a day's drive of Phoenix.

Rockntractor
06-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Sweet tea or coke. Same stuff I like on a cold winter morning too. :o

Try some red bull cola, don't let the name scare you there is no more caffeine than coke.
It's a little different but I like it, pretty much natural ingredients which is meaningless to me but matters to some.

lacarnut
06-03-2011, 01:29 AM

By using plenty of ice cream you cut the taste of the root beer in at least half.

pyackog
06-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Try some red bull cola, don't let the name scare you there is no more caffeine than coke.
It's a little different but I like it, pretty much natural ingredients which is meaningless to me but matters to some.

As long as the amount of carbs is lower than the cokes, I'll give it a try. As a guy who drinks 2 or 3 five-hour energy shots every day, I'm not worried about a little caffeine. :D

RobJohnson
06-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Unless it's a margarita or a daiquiri, I generally don't do frozen drinks. Too much sugar in them to be worth it. Unsweetened iced tea or just plain old water is usually good enough for me, although occasionally I will splurge and have a lemonade.

Same here.

I like water or unsweetened ice tea.

Frozen drinks give me a brain freeze...

namvet
06-06-2011, 02:41 PM
malts and banana splits. gotta keep that cholesterol level up !!!!