PDA

View Full Version : Flash--Edwards indicted

SaintLouieWoman
06-03-2011, 12:19 PM
News Alert
from The Wall Street Journal

A federal grand jury indicted two-time presidential candidate John Edwards following a two-year investigation into money used to cover up an extramarital affair during the 2008 election.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303657404576363242298390826.html?m od=djemalertNEWS (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303657404576363242298390826.html?m od=djemalertNEWS)

marv
06-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Over at HeadlineZone (RIP), where I used to post, the resident Librocrats would rag on the sexual adventures of Republicans...I wonder where they are on the current crop of Librocrat deviants?

Edwards? Spitzer? Weiner?...............

pyackog
06-03-2011, 12:52 PM
Over at HeadlineZone (RIP), where I used to post, the resident Librocrats would rag on the sexual adventures of Republicans...I wonder where they are on the current crop of Librocrat deviants?

Edwards? Spitzer? Weiner?...............

When its one of their own, its a matter of their "private lives" not mattering at all.

Starbuck
06-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Man, that guy was just "too cute" all along. He's gonna get whatever he deserves, but DANG! for my money and reputation I sure woulda gotten a better looking woman!:D

megimoo
06-03-2011, 01:04 PM

Edwards? Spitzer? Weiner?...............He's said that he would kill himself if he were convicted..He fears " Bubba The Love Sponge ' will get him in the slammer ...Former Nixon Counsel John Dean ratted on him for the same reason ..

noonwitch
06-03-2011, 01:15 PM
His poor kids-first they lost their mother, now this.

No sympathy for him, though. He knew the rules and broke them.

SaintLouieWoman
06-03-2011, 09:17 PM
His poor kids-first they lost their mother, now this.

No sympathy for him, though. He knew the rules and broke them.
I felt for his poor daughter. He had her with him as he came out of the court, a variation of "stand by my man". How tough for the daughter after the treatment her mom received from him.

The Breck Boy is the consummate narcissist. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
06-03-2011, 10:05 PM
I felt for his poor daughter. He had her with him as he came out of the court, a variation of "stand by my man". How tough for the daughter after the treatment her mom received from him.

The Breck Boy is the consummate narcissist. :rolleyes:

Pretty much a run of the mill politician. I remember an article that started out with a number of outrageous statistics about the sheer volume of criminality among one group of people. Turns out that it was congress.

Kay
06-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Slick is getting what he deserves.
I hope he does end up in prison with Bubba.

lacarnut
06-04-2011, 10:50 AM
Taking his law lic. away, leaving him penniless and a few months in jail would work for me. I find it amusing that one of his lawyers stated that his client did not understand the campaign laws. Ignorance of the law is no defense especially for a top notch lawyer like Edwards. That shit ain't gonna fly.

Odysseus
06-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Taking his law lic. away, leaving him penniless and a few months in jail would work for me. I find it amusing that one of his lawyers stated that his client did not understand the campaign laws. Ignorance of the law is no defense especially for a top notch lawyer like Edwards. That shit ain't gonna fly.

Except that it often does. Tim Geithner, an alleged financial genius, claimed to be flummoxed by Turbo-Tax. Charlie Rangel, who writes the tax code, claimed that he made honest mistakes that benefited him to the tune of hundreds of thousands in unpaid taxes. Both of these sterling examples of mastery of their professions are still employed, doing what they have demonstrated an inability to do. Edwards' problem is that he is in a court of law, not a congressional hearing, where collegiality trumps integrity and honor.

Speedy
06-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Things looking grim for the Pretty Pony.

lacarnut
06-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Except that it often does. Tim Geithner, an alleged financial genius, claimed to be flummoxed by Turbo-Tax. Charlie Rangel, who writes the tax code, claimed that he made honest mistakes that benefited him to the tune of hundreds of thousands in unpaid taxes. Both of these sterling examples of mastery of their professions are still employed, doing what they have demonstrated an inability to do. Edwards' problem is that he is in a court of law, not a congressional hearing, where collegiality trumps integrity and honor.

He might slime by the campaign violation charges but he is going to get nailed on lying and the cover up. His ass is grass. I hope there is no plea bargaining, and that a jury gets to hear the case of this sorry POS.