PDA

View Full Version : Underwear Survey Finds Men Pack Three Pair For Vacation

bijou
06-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Most travelers know that men and women have different attitudes when it comes to packing for a trip. And just how stark that difference is can be very surprising, and maybe even a little unsettling for the particularly squeamish.

According to a survey conducted by Sunshine , a British travel company, men bring only three pair of underwear on week-long trips, while women bring 10 pair for the same seven-day jaunt. What's worse, perhaps, is that only 12 percent of the men who responded to the survey indicated that they usually do laundry while traveling, which could mean that many vacationing fellows have no qualms about wearing the same skivvies a second or third time.

In defense of the men in under-washed underthings, many 37 percent stated they thought they wouldn't need spare shorts because they "would be wearing mostly swimming trunks" while on vacation and "therefore wouldn't need much underwear."

Even if the thought of tighty whities becoming dingy and droopy makes you squirm, these men might be on to something. The survey found that men typically pack 14 articles of clothing for a seven-day trip, while women usually cram 34 clothing items into their luggage. As a result of their suitcase selections, men tend to use 98 percent of the items they pack, while women only use about 62 percent. ...http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpps/news/offbeat/underwear-survey-finds-men-pack-three-pair-for-vacation-dpgoha-20110603-fc_13505169

Minimalism gone wild. :(

SarasotaRepub
06-06-2011, 01:28 PM
No comment...:cool::D

Rockntractor
06-06-2011, 01:36 PM
If you turn them inside out want you get an extra three days.

bijou
06-06-2011, 01:37 PM
No comment...:cool::D

You may have no comment, but I'm sure that SLW will have something to say ... :D

pyackog
06-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Used to underpack and buy stuff while on vacation when I was younger. How many pairs are these men coming home with?

Now I drive everywhere and I pack whatever fits in the truck, even for a weekend trip. :o