PDA

View Full Version : Weiner Admits Sending Photos

NJCardFan
06-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Anthony Weiner admits sending explicit photo; says he had multiple online relationships

Democratic Rep. Anthony Weiner of New York admitted Monday that he posted a photograph of his bulging crotch on Twitter, saying he had lied when he previously characterized the photograph as a prank but that he would not resign his seat.

"The picture was of me, and I sent it," he said.

He also said he had several "inappropriate conversations" that he described as "explicit in nature" with six other women over three years - including after he married his wife, Huma Abedin, an aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. He said he had not met any of the women.

Link (http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20069435-503544.html)

Starbuck
06-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah, but "I did not have sex with that women".

Sounds familiar to me.

NJCardFan
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
What a freaking dirt bag. And of course, this will all be swept under the rug. This man just admitted to openly lying to the American people let alone to his constituents and he will not be forced to resign because of the D after his name. Not only did he lie but he tried to blame some faceless boogyman for hacking his Twitter account and that said hacker sent those pics under his name. What a douche. I want our resident liberals to explain why he shouldn't be treated the same as Craig or Lee. I wonder if Maureen O'Conner is going to write as scathing an editorial on this as she did about Lee (http://gawker.com/5755071/married-gop-congressman-sent-sexy-pictures-to-craigslist-babe).

jendf
06-06-2011, 05:22 PM
To his knowledge, none of the women were under age. Ahem. :rolleyes:

Apache
06-06-2011, 05:25 PM
When he didn't drag out the tired old "right-wing plot", I knew he was the one who did the deed...

NJCardFan
06-06-2011, 05:27 PM
When he didn't drag out the tired old "right-wing plot", I knew he was the one who did the deed...

Anyone with an IQ above freezing knew that.

Apache
06-06-2011, 05:38 PM
Anyone with an IQ above freezing knew that.

That removes 90% of DU's active member list....:D

Apocalypse
06-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Didn't Clinton claim it was a "Right-wing Plot" to discredit him?

Any who...

He admits to the scandal, says he's not resigning.

He's up for re-election next year. I wonder if this might be brought up by his GOP contender?

Odysseus
06-06-2011, 05:57 PM

But they say that when they are guilty, too.

Okay, possible fallout from this event can be projected:

Nada. Weiner has enough time between now and the next election for the electorate to forget, and he's in a solidly blue district, with enough party backing to avoid a primary, so he will be reelected without much of a hiccup. Odds: 50%
Bumpy. Some ambitious Democrat will see the chance to take the nomination and mount a serious primary challenge. Odds: 20% (party loyalty and big war chests tend to mitigate ambition, however, if his abuse of the trust of an aide to his former senator pisses off the party faithful, and Mrs. Weiner decides to dump him, then this could increase, but even then, it's an uphill fight for the challenger, so the odds are that he will still be reelected, but it will be bumpy)
Uh oh... Weiner's constituents are mostly blue-collar types who voted for Reagan back in the day, and who get a marital scandal and are sick of business as usual. Plus, a well-financed Republican takes Weiner to task on his leftist politics and hypocrisy, and has the funds to make it stick enough to eke out a win. Odds: 30% (A tea party candidate with some bucks could gain traction if he hammered him relentlessly, but it still only happens if the economy tanks so badly that the same Democrats who got fed up with Dinkins and Carter come around to the Republican side and there's a massive coattail effect)
Cataclysmic. Weiner decides that he has disgraced himself and his office and that he must resign for the good of the party and to salvage his marriage, and because honor demands it. Odds: 0% (only because we can't have negative numbers), however, if there's a variation on number three, with a Republican beating him handily in the polls, Weiner might step down in favor of someone less tainted, who could retain the seat for the party. With that contingency, if Weiner is toast in the polls, then the odds on his resignation increase to 50%.

NJCardFan
06-06-2011, 08:06 PM
But they say that when they are guilty, too.

Okay, possible fallout from this event can be projected:

Nada. Weiner has enough time between now and the next election for the electorate to forget, and he's in a solidly blue district, with enough party backing to avoid a primary, so he will be reelected without much of a hiccup. Odds: 50%
Bumpy. Some ambitious Democrat will see the chance to take the nomination and mount a serious primary challenge. Odds: 20% (party loyalty and big war chests tend to mitigate ambition, however, if his abuse of the trust of an aide to his former senator pisses off the party faithful, and Mrs. Weiner decides to dump him, then this could increase, but even then, it's an uphill fight for the challenger, so the odds are that he will still be reelected, but it will be bumpy)
Uh oh... Weiner's constituents are mostly blue-collar types who voted for Reagan back in the day, and who get a marital scandal and are sick of business as usual. Plus, a well-financed Republican takes Weiner to task on his leftist politics and hypocrisy, and has the funds to make it stick enough to eke out a win. Odds: 30% (A tea party candidate with some bucks could gain traction if he hammered him relentlessly, but it still only happens if the economy tanks so badly that the same Democrats who got fed up with Dinkins and Carter come around to the Republican side and there's a massive coattail effect)
Cataclysmic. Weiner decides that he has disgraced himself and his office and that he must resign for the good of the party and to salvage his marriage, and because honor demands it. Odds: 0% (only because we can't have negative numbers), however, if there's a variation on number three, with a Republican beating him handily in the polls, Weiner might step down in favor of someone less tainted, who could retain the seat for the party. With that contingency, if Weiner is toast in the polls, then the odds on his resignation increase to 50%.

I think someone needs to rent a billboard in his district and put up the pics he sent next to a pic of Wiener and his wife and put the caption: "If he can lie to his own wife, imagine what he's doing for you".

Apocalypse
06-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Got some interesting updates on this.

However much lying may be invoked as a betrayal of trust, it also raises questions about what other damaging information may not yet be known.

Weiner was asked about Andrew Breitbart, a conservative who had materialized before the news conference and implied he had an X-rated photo of the congressman.

"Can you say that is not true?" Weiner was asked.

"No, I cannot," he said.

Another words, there are nude photos of Weiner out there.

Describing his wife's reaction, he says she called him dumb.

Now I'm not going into this one too far as I am unfamiliar with its source.

Another woman has come forward to RadarOnline.com (http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/06/weinergate-grows-another-woman-provides-sex-messages-his-account) and Star magazine and provided a sexting exchange with embattled New York Representative Anthony Weiner.

The woman says she has 200 sexually explicit messages from Weiner from a Facebook account the Democratic politician no longer uses.

He told the woman he had a "ridiculous bulge" in his shorts and asked if she "wanna see" it -- almost three months before a photo of an erect penis in tight fitting briefs appeared in the polís Twitter stream.

Itís a sensational twist to the scandal plaguing the embattled New York congressman. This new woman is middle-aged and from Nevada.

(http://www.radaronline.com/photos/image/69433/2010/06/sex-tapes-celebs)

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/06/weinergate-grows-another-woman-provides-sex-messages-his-account

fettpett
06-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I just listened to it on Sean Hannity's show, that was so great that Andrew Bierbart got up there and laid into the media for being dumbfucks over this whole thing

Rockntractor
06-06-2011, 09:24 PM
I just listened to it on Sean Hannity's show, that was so great that Andrew Bierbart got up there and laid into the media for being dumbfucks over this whole thing

Bierbart has a good head on him!

CueSi
06-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Bierbart has a good head on him!

Breitbart is a guy who will not allow a charge to be unanswered. He'll retweet his hateful tweets on twitter and he wasn't even PLANNING on the takeover of Weiner's platform. But that action was just BAD. ASS.

~QC

megimoo
06-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I think someone needs to rent a billboard in his district and put up the pics he sent next to a pic of Wiener and his wife and put the caption: "If he can lie to his own wife, imagine what he's doing for you".

Remember we're talking about New York City and the hard core lefty's .Conservatives are a dirty word in most parts of that city.

He'll breeze back into office after a few token Mea culpas .Humma will never leave him because of his ties to Clinton and Insted of blowing up over his Idiocy she simply called him dumb.Her self esteem must be very low to put up with that slobbering, adolesant,sex fiend .. Want to see my buldge... indeed !

djones520
06-06-2011, 11:54 PM
My biggest question when this first came out was "Does he really think he's fooling anyone".

I'd still like to know.

CueSi
06-07-2011, 04:51 AM
My biggest question when this first came out was "Does he really think he's fooling anyone".

I'd still like to know.

He's a democrat, Jonesey. He just has to fool the media for two seconds, or at least (in his case) till Breitbart regulates on their asses.

~QC

Bailey
06-07-2011, 08:15 AM
I didn't see the press conference but I heard Breitbart tooled him, anyone have a link to that?

SarasotaRepub
06-07-2011, 08:49 AM

I'd still like to know.

All people like Anthony care about is power. He'll say and do anything he has to to retain it unless he's reached/reaches a point he's a liability to his Party. If that point comes...

SaintLouieWoman
06-07-2011, 08:50 AM
Trouble is, they'll say that nothing is the matter, just move on.

If the NY voters are that stupid, they deserve the trash that they have in office. He's scum. At least his wife didn't disgrace and humiliate herself further by standing next to that piece of trash. I loved it when the reporter asked about her and he said simply "She's not here".

They haven't even been married a year. What was it, a marriage of convenience? Did he need Hillary's support? He's liable to get more than he bargained for now. I can imagine Hill being a bit vengeful if she has any ties at all with her aide.

AmPat
06-07-2011, 09:11 AM
This was personal. This has nothing to do with job performance. We need to move on. Why is this even an issue? Nobody cares about this. This is a political attack. He didn't run on moral issues,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes::cool:

Gingersnap
06-07-2011, 10:00 AM
Another woman has come forward to RadarOnline.com and Star magazine and provided a sexting exchange with embattled New York Representative Anthony Weiner.

The woman says she has 200 sexually explicit messages from Weiner from a Facebook account the Democratic politician no longer uses.

Over 200? I've been married for years and I'm sure that I haven't even called my husband 200 times. Let alone composed 200 sexually explicit texts. How is this guy not a pervert? :confused:

linda22003
06-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Over 200? I've been married for years and I'm sure that I haven't even called my husband 200 times. Let alone composed 200 sexually explicit texts. How is this guy not a pervert? :confused:

For a real comparison, it wouldn't be a matter of how many texts you sent to your husband, but to OTHER men. :p

Gingersnap
06-07-2011, 10:58 AM
For a real comparison, it wouldn't be a matter of how many texts you sent to your husband, but to OTHER men. :p

That would be zero.

SaintLouieWoman
06-07-2011, 12:44 PM
This was personal. This has nothing to do with job performance. We need to move on. Why is this even an issue? Nobody cares about this. This is a political attack. He didn't run on moral issues,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,:rolleyes::cool:

It would be personal if he weren't a member of Congress. He shows that he has absolutely no judgement at all. It's in the cover up and the blatant lying and going after the messenger.

You can't trust someone like that. He should step down and get one of those consultant jobs.

Zafod
06-07-2011, 12:52 PM
the tiger woods of twitter....

Odysseus
06-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Most liberals claim that when Republicans do this kind of thing, it's worse because Republicans are about family values and morals, and therefore are hypocrites. Of course, the hypocrisy of Rangel and Geithner and their tax evasions doesn't rise to the same standard, but that's another issue. What the left doesn't get is that these scandals matter for several reasons. First, they undermine public confidence in elected officials, especially when they get away with it over and over and over again. Second, they encourage the worst behavior in public officials, which feeds into the first issue. Finally, the behavior can't be compartmentalized, with very few exceptions. Eventually, this kind of contempt spills over. Bill Clinton got his bimbos jobs on the public dime, suborned perjury, obstructed justice, and also had phone sex on unsecured lines from the White House. Gerry Studds and Tom Foley were sexually harrassing government employees. Teddy Kennedy committed, at best, negligent homicide. Weiner was ready to claim that a crime, hacking, had been committed against him, until he realized what a can of worms that would open. In every case here, the conduct started out as personal sexual misconduct, and metastasized into public misconduct, law-breaking and an erosion of confidence in government. As a conservative, I expect this, since I don't believe that government can create perfection because people, especially the people who run it, are imperfect, but liberals should realize that these failures undercut their basic argument that government can be trusted to manage our lives. Men and women who rob us blind, violate their oaths of office and marriage and otherwise demonstrate moral depravity cannot be trusted to maintain anything. That's why this scandal matters.

linda22003
06-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Your post makes a lot of sense. I think you mean Mark Foley, though, the Florida Congressman who was IMing pages, not Tom Foley, who was Speaker of the House in the early '90s.

Odysseus
06-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Your post makes a lot of sense. I think you mean Mark Foley, though, the Florida Congressman who was IMing pages, not Tom Foley, who was Speaker of the House in the early '90s.

Ouch. Good catch. You are correct.

Zathras
06-07-2011, 01:42 PM

Easy...he's a Democrat and something like that is ok in their circles.

Odysseus
06-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Easy...he's a Democrat and something like that is ok in their circles.

It's more than okay in their circles, it's a major constituency.

AmPat
06-07-2011, 06:03 PM
It would be personal if he weren't a member of Congress. He shows that he has absolutely no judgement at all. It's in the cover up and the blatant lying and going after the messenger.

You can't trust someone like that. He should step down and get one of those consultant jobs.

Most liberals claim that when Republicans do this kind of thing, it's worse because Republicans are about family values and morals, and therefore are hypocrites. Of course, the hypocrisy of Rangel and Geithner and their tax evasions doesn't rise to the same standard, but that's another issue. What the left doesn't get is that these scandals matter for several reasons. First, they undermine public confidence in elected officials, especially when they get away with it over and over and over again. Second, they encourage the worst behavior in public officials, which feeds into the first issue. Finally, the behavior can't be compartmentalized, with very few exceptions. Eventually, this kind of contempt spills over. Bill Clinton got his bimbos jobs on the public dime, suborned perjury, obstructed justice, and also had phone sex on unsecured lines from the White House. Gerry Studds and Tom Foley were sexually harrassing government employees. Teddy Kennedy committed, at best, negligent homicide. Weiner was ready to claim that a crime, hacking, had been committed against him, until he realized what a can of worms that would open. In every case here, the conduct started out as personal sexual misconduct, and metastasized into public misconduct, law-breaking and an erosion of confidence in government. As a conservative, I expect this, since I don't believe that government can create perfection because people, especially the people who run it, are imperfect, but liberals should realize that these failures undercut their basic argument that government can be trusted to manage our lives. Men and women who rob us blind, violate their oaths of office and marriage and otherwise demonstrate moral depravity cannot be trusted to maintain anything. That's why this scandal matters.

Ummm, My mistake. I was predicting DIMoRAT/ Liberal responses to this spectacle. I did post a roll eyes but I should have made the oost more clear.:o

Gingersnap
06-07-2011, 11:32 PM
If he lies to his wife, why do you think he would tell you, the voter, any truth? Liars, deceivers, and their ilk do what they do.

This isn't the 19th century, people don't compartmentalize that way now. Our leaders are as deceptive privately as they are publicly and vice versus. There isn't any "there" there in terms of morality or public accountability. Back in the day, it may have possible for a politician to be a lout to his wife and kids but upstanding to his constituents but not now.