PDA

View Full Version : Syrian opposition: Anti-Israel rioters paid $1,000

djones520
06-07-2011, 02:36 AM
I guess the Syrians got tired of killing their own people, and figured they'd get the Israeli's to do it for them? :rolleyes:

Protestors at northern border promised $1,000 reward by Assad's regime, Reform Party of Syria claims; Israeli officials: Damascus encouraged rioters. Syria says IDF killed 23 people, wounded 350; army says figures inflated

Protestors for hire? Demonstrators along the Syria-Israel border were paid thousands of dollars by President Bashar Assad's regime to take part in Sunday's riots, Syrian opposition activists charge.

Israeli officials later reinforced the claims, accusing the Syrian regime of encouraging protests along the northern border.

Sunday’s riots were an attempt "to divert attention away from the massacre in Syria,” one official charged. "The Syrians will be held accountable for these events.”

Late Sunday, Syrian officials claimed that 23 people were killed and 350 were wounded after the IDF fired at protestors aiming to rush the border fence earlier in the day. However, the army dismissed the figures, claiming that they were inflated.

Washington-based members of the Reform Party of Syria said intelligence sources close to the Syrian government in Lebanon informed them that the protesters on the Syrian side of the Druze community of Majdal Shams were in fact poverty-stricken farmers paid by the Assad regime.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4078698,00.html

Odysseus
06-07-2011, 03:00 PM
I guess the Syrians got tired of killing their own people, and figured they'd get the Israeli's to do it for them? :rolleyes:

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4078698,00.html

Most of the Arab/Israeli conflict can be chalked up to Islamic anti-semitism and wagging the dog scenarios by which corrupt regimes deflect attention by blaming zionism for all of their ills. Somehow, the existence of a small Jewish state that takes up something like 1% of the Middle East, and accounts for maybe 2% of the population manages to keep the half-billion Arabs, who are up to their ears in oil money, from advancing into the 21st century. How does that work exactly? Wei? KS? Beuller?

Arroyo_Doble
06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Most of the Arab/Israeli conflict can be chalked up to Islamic anti-semitism and wagging the dog scenarios by which corrupt regimes deflect attention by blaming zionism for all of their ills. Somehow, the existence of a small Jewish state that takes up something like 1% of the Middle East, and accounts for maybe 2% of the population manages to keep the half-billion Arabs, who are up to their ears in oil money, from advancing into the 21st century. How does that work exactly? Wei? KS? Beuller?

Even the Persians are getting into the act.

Bailey
06-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Let them kill all of those animals they want, if you are dumb enough to approach a fortified border crossing you what you deserve.

Odysseus
06-07-2011, 03:16 PM
Even the Persians are getting into the act.

Only since 1979. The Shah was an ally of Israel, but the Mullahs took an old-school Mohammed approach. BTW, what is the justification for Hezb'ollah to lob missiles at Israel? I mean, one can argue that Hamas, being Palestinian, has an issue, but Hezb'ollah is Lebanese. What gives them the right to pick on Israel?

Arroyo_Doble
06-07-2011, 03:25 PM
Only since 1979. The Shah was an ally of Israel, but the Mullahs took an old-school Mohammed approach. BTW, what is the justification for Hezb'ollah to lob missiles at Israel? I mean, one can argue that Hamas, being Palestinian, has an issue, but Hezb'ollah is Lebanese. What gives them the right to pick on Israel?

Who the fuck knows in that tribal shithole region of the world? Somebody back in 1500 BC probably stole someone else's goat.

Odysseus
06-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Who the fuck knows in that tribal shithole region of the world? Somebody back in 1500 BC probably stole someone else's goat.

Wow, you've really done your homework. From the way that you talk about Islam, I assumed that you were a Middle East scholar. :rolleyes:

So, let's see... 1500 BC is late Bronze Age, pre-Judean/Israelite kingdoms (they didn't show up on anyone's radar until about 1200 BC), so whoever stole the goat must have managed to keep the blood feud going through the Babylonian, Hittite and Assyrian conquests, which would have been a pretty good feat, then gotten someone in the northern kingdom of Israel to take the heat for it... No, that wouldn't work, since the Assyrians scattered the ten tribes of Israel in the 700's... And besides, after that, the Greeks took over the region and Alexander's general, Seleucius, ran Lebanon (Syria, really), and he probably wouldn't have cared much about one goat, unless it was a really special one, but even so, the debt would have been forgiven at some point during the subsequent Hasmodean dynasty in Judea. Maybe the Romans reinstituted the debt as part of the punitive laws against the Jews for the 70 AD rebellion? I mean, maybe after the sack of Jerusalem and the enslaving of most of the locals, the price of that one goat might have been added to the bill? Hmmm... Nah, because the subsequent Christian kingdoms of what became known as the Levant probably had their hands full with the Persians. And when the Muslims conquered the region and the Crusaders re-conquered it and were then driven out a century later, one 2,200 year old goat debt probably wouldn't have mattered a whole lot, even with interest... No wait, the Muslims don't permit interest on debts, so that wouldn't have worked, either... Keep trying, though.

I'm guessing that you haven't done a whole lot of research into Middle Eastern history, comparitive religious doctrines or the history of Islamic expansion, although that hasn't stopped you from calling me insulting names when I point out the details of these areas of study and how they impact the modern world. Still, it's nice to see your ignorance on display. I'll make sure to remind you of it whenever you decide to compare me to the Nazis or accuse me of wanting to destroy the First Amendment in order to protect America from a threat that, by your own demonstrated lack of knowledge, you have no understanding of.

Arroyo_Doble
06-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Wow, you've really done your homework. From the way that you talk about Islam, I assumed that you were a Middle East scholar. :rolleyes:

So, let's see... 1500 BC is late Bronze Age, pre-Judean/Israelite kingdoms (they didn't show up on anyone's radar until about 1200 BC), so whoever stole the goat must have managed to keep the blood feud going through the Babylonian, Hittite and Assyrian conquests, which would have been a pretty good feat, then gotten someone in the northern kingdom of Israel to take the heat for it... No, that wouldn't work, since the Assyrians scattered the ten tribes of Israel in the 700's... And besides, after that, the Greeks took over the region and Alexander's general, Seleucius, ran Lebanon (Syria, really), and he probably wouldn't have cared much about one goat, unless it was a really special one, but even so, the debt would have been forgiven at some point during the subsequent Hasmodean dynasty in Judea. Maybe the Romans reinstituted the debt as part of the punitive laws against the Jews for the 70 AD rebellion? I mean, maybe after the sack of Jerusalem and the enslaving of most of the locals, the price of that one goat might have been added to the bill? Hmmm... Nah, because the subsequent Christian kingdoms of what became known as the Levant probably had their hands full with the Persians. And when the Muslims conquered the region and the Crusaders re-conquered it and were then driven out a century later, one 2,200 year old goat debt probably wouldn't have mattered a whole lot, even with interest... No wait, the Muslims don't permit interest on debts, so that wouldn't have worked, either... Keep trying, though.

I'm guessing that you haven't done a whole lot of research into Middle Eastern history, comparitive religious doctrines or the history of Islamic expansion, although that hasn't stopped you from calling me insulting names when I point out the details of these areas of study and how they impact the modern world. Still, it's nice to see your ignorance on display. I'll make sure to remind you of it whenever you decide to compare me to the Nazis or accuse me of wanting to destroy the First Amendment in order to protect America from a threat that, by your own demonstrated lack of knowledge, you have no understanding of.

I really like how you embraced the literal in order to make a pretty good joke (I was smiling) but the Nazi drama ruined the humour of it and turned into a victim whine.

Odysseus
06-08-2011, 11:03 AM
I really like how you embraced the literal in order to make a pretty good joke (I was smiling) but the Nazi drama ruined the humour of it and turned into a victim whine.

What can I say? I resent being called a Nazi by an ignorant tool. It's one of the most offensive things that you can call anyone, especially a Jew, and the fact that you find it convenient to do so really disgusts me. Sorry if that was a buzz kill, but as the song says, I'm not here for your entertainment.

Arroyo_Doble
06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
What can I say? I resent being called a Nazi by an ignorant tool. It's one of the most offensive things that you can call anyone, especially a Jew, and the fact that you find it convenient to do so really disgusts me. Sorry if that was a buzz kill, but as the song says, I'm not here for your entertainment.

I'll send this to the Academy for award consideration.