PDA

View Full Version : Pelosi calls for Anthony Weiner ethics inquiry

Apocalypse
06-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Nancy Pelosi calls for Anthony Weiner ethics inquiry

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (http://topics.politico.com/index.cfm/topic/nancypelosi) (D-Calif.) and Rep. Steve Israel, the chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, have called for an investigation into Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) over the series of sexually explicit conversations and lewd photos he exchanged with a half-dozen women during the last several years.

“I am deeply disappointed and saddened about this situation; for Anthony’s wife, Huma, his family, his staff and his constituents,” Pelosi said in a statement released on Monday night. “I am calling for an Ethics Committee investigation to determine whether any official resources were used or any other violation of House rules occurred.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56365.html#ixzz1OXw0S0k8

Pelosi Calling for an investigation of a Dem!!!!

Hell has to have frozen over!

Articulate_Ape
06-06-2011, 08:48 PM
My guess would be that this is a payback on and old political grudge.

SaintLouieWoman
06-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Or a whitewash in the making. Pelosi and ethics just don't go together, think Charlie Rangel and Jefferson and many others. Maybe she's a friend of the wife or Hillary got to her.

Rockntractor
06-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Or a whitewash in the making. Pelosi and ethics just don't go together, think Charlie Rangel and Jefferson and many others. Maybe she's a friend of the wife or Hillary got to her.

I seem to recall her asking that Charlie Rengall be investigated, that was a waste of time if you look at the outcome.

Apache
06-06-2011, 09:13 PM

I think that as well. He's ruffled many feathers on his way up....

fettpett
06-06-2011, 09:20 PM
so now that she isn't in control she's going to push the ethics thing....nice

megimoo
06-07-2011, 02:08 AM
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and Rep. Steve Israel, the chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, have called for an investigation into Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) over the series of sexually explicit conversations and lewd photos he exchanged with a half-dozen women during the last several years.

“I am deeply disappointed and saddened about this situation; for Anthony’s wife, Huma, his family, his staff and his constituents,” Pelosi said in a statement released on Monday night. “I am calling for an Ethics Committee investigation to determine whether any official resources were used or any other violation of House rules occurred.”

Israel added: “Congressman Anthony Weiner engaged in a deep personal failure and inappropriate behavior that embarrassed himself, his family, and the House. Ultimately, Anthony and his constituents will make a judgment about his future.”

“To remove all remaining doubt about this situation, I agree with Leader Pelosi’s request that the House Ethics Committee use its authority to begin an investigation.”

The calls by Pelosi and Israel for an ethics investigation dramatically raise the political stakes for Weiner. While Weiner stated repeatedly during an emotional press conference on Monday that he had broken no laws nor violated House ethics rules during his interaction with the women, a probe by the House Ethics Committee could find differently. Under its rules, the Ethics Committee can initiate an investigation under its own authority, without a formal complaint being filed.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/56365.html

AmPat
06-07-2011, 08:46 AM
“To remove all remaining doubt about this situation, I agree with Leader Pelosi’s request that the House Ethics Committee use its authority to begin an investigation.”
I.O.W. We want to act outraged and appear to be doing something about this. We'll censure him and then it will become a non-issue and we'll move on to bashing GOPers. The media will fall in line with this strategy since it plays into their bias.:cool:

Madisonian
06-07-2011, 05:57 PM
So Nancy wants to take a hard look and possibly expose Wiener. Sounds kinda Freudian to me.

AmPat
06-07-2011, 06:14 PM
So Nancy wants to take a hard look and possibly expose Wiener. Sounds kinda Freudian to me.

She simply wants to probe the depths of this Issue. Get to the bottom of things. Expose the hard truth and control the inevitable eruption.