PDA

View Full Version : Are you hard to live with??

BadCat
06-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Contrary to what most here probably think, I'm an incredibly easy person to live with.

I have only two "demands" in my household that my wife must abide by...

1. NO MARGARINE.

2. ALL TOILET PAPER IN THE HOUSE WILL BE COTTONELLE.

Do you have any "hard and fast" rules in your house?

Apache
06-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Contrary to what most here probably think, I'm an incredibly easy person to live with.

1. NO MARGARINE.

All females of the opposite sex, must remain nekkid....:cool::p

BadCat
06-07-2011, 08:11 PM

Females of the opposite sex????

When did you turn into a dimocrat?

Apache
06-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Females of the opposite sex????

When did you turn into a dimocrat?

I didn't. I just wanna make sure they are factory original... If ya know what I mean;)

djones520
06-07-2011, 08:31 PM

I take it you don't have daughters.

Rockntractor
06-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Butter is better, as well as olive oil by the gallon.

pyackog
06-07-2011, 09:06 PM
I take it you don't have daughters.

LOL. My first thought when I read that was my 5 year old girl. :eek:

Gingersnap
06-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Despite what the board may think, I'm a kitten on the home front.

Rulz:

No adultery (quasi/semi-pro/Internet versions included);

No clothing/towels on the floor EVER;

24 hours notice before dinners involving 8+;

Do not involve me in home improvement projects concerned with electricity or heights;

If it is a bug or vermin, just deal with it - don't tease me with it or engage ethical negotiations. :)

Elspeth
06-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Despite what the board may think, I'm a kitten on the home front.

Rulz:

No adultery (quasi/semi-pro/Internet versions included);

No clothing/towels on the floor EVER;

24 hours notice before dinners involving 8+;

Do not involve me in home improvement projects concerned with electricity or heights;

If it is a bug or vermin, just deal with it - don't tease me with it or engage ethical negotiations. :)

Seems reasonable, especially the bug thing.

Gingersnap
06-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Seems reasonable, especially the bug thing.

I think so. It's not like I'm demanding we have "talks" all time or I pick out his wardrobe or anything. I married him because I genuinely like him; I never wanted to change him. The whole bug thing just seems like a normal courtesy to me.

patriot45
06-07-2011, 10:25 PM

1. NO MARGARINE.

Not only that but it has to roll from the top!! :D

Hawkgirl
06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Give me space
Don't whine
Make me dinner once in a while, and do the dishes
pitch in with house cleaning, pick up after yourself
replace the toilet paper when it's running low
Be a YES man.:D

Gingersnap
Rolling over the top is just obvious. The brand doesn't seem important to me.

Elspeth
I think so. It's not like I'm demanding we have "talks" all time or I pick out his wardrobe or anything. I married him because I genuinely like him; I never wanted to change him. The whole bug thing just seems like a normal courtesy to me.

There's something new, marry someone you actually like. :)

I've had so many friends through the years who married men as "fixer-uppers." Never works, of course. At least from what I've seen.

Gingersnap
06-07-2011, 10:36 PM
There's something new, marry someone you actually like. :)

I've had so many friends through the years who married men as "fixer-uppers." Never works, of course. At least from what I've seen.

LOL! Mr. Snaps is not a "fixer-upper". He came complete with his own likes, dislikes, habits, predilections, and inclinations. If I hadn't been "okay" with all that, I would have gently dumped him like the other 20 guys.

Kay
06-07-2011, 10:53 PM
I've been told that I'm hard to live with.
Things will be done my way in my own nest.

I've always fared better when I live alone. The only
exception would be my 1 offspring, I fashioned him
in my own image so he is welcome anytime to stay
as long as he likes. He's about the only human that
doesn't get on my nerves.

Agree on Cottenelle.

RobJohnson
06-08-2011, 03:02 AM
Most of my life I have lived alone or had a short term female roomate. There have been other times where I took a couple of young people into my home as a favor to my church, as they had no where else to go and they found my rules were worse then the ones they had at home. :)

Now I own a house with an attached apartment. It's considered a duplex, but more like a house with in law quarters..I have my mom living with me on the same property. She's been sick and it's easier for me to take care of her if she is closer. We never lived too far away since I've been in NV but it was still hard. Now we are very close...and after a few trips to the ER that scared the shit out of me due to her health....when I am not at work, I'm usually close by in case she needs anything. I also have some damn good neighbors and friends that look out for her..

I cook.
I clean.
I do laundry.
I bought her a new SUV.
I take care of her cat.
I plant flowers, bushes & plants for her to sit outside and enjoy. The weather has been great.
When she wants to have company, I take care of making the meals.

So, I never thought at 43 years old my mom would be living with me, but she is....my dad was supposed to live forever. My mom just turned 70.

I do still have my own life. But the illness my mom has wears her out by just doing the simple tasks...so I do all I can do and have put some of my own health issues on hold.

So am I hard to live with? I don't really thing so. I know a lot of girls with multiple children that talk about me being a "good catch" but they don't have the right net....

The author of this thread knows me, and can verify that I am the real deal....I turned mistakes in my past to a pretty darn good life....

RobJohnson
06-08-2011, 03:07 AM
I've been told that I'm hard to live with.
Things will be done my way in my own nest.

I've always fared better when I live alone. The only
exception would be my 1 offspring, I fashioned him
in my own image so he is welcome anytime to stay
as long as he likes. He's about the only human that
doesn't get on my nerves.

Agree on Cottenelle.

:D

I've had women tell me "I could never live with you"

I usually say something like "then get your shit and go" and this usually includes their kid(s)...they like to slowly bring stuff over...next thing I know I finding shampoo, clothes, ear rings, etc, around the house and bathroom...

Nothing upsets a new girl more then her taking her ear rings out to find another pair already sitting there on the nightstand....:eek::D

namvet
06-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Give me space
Don't whine
Make me dinner once in a while, and do the dishes
pitch in with house cleaning, pick up after yourself
replace the toilet paper when it's running low
Be a YES man.:D

im retired she still works. guess who the bitch is ???

namvet
06-08-2011, 09:01 AM
women want us for lawn maintenance and car repair :D

noonwitch
06-08-2011, 09:04 AM
I haven't had a roommate in over 20 years, and the last one was my cousin, who needed a place to stay for a little while. I have my ways, after being on my own for so long.

My dog seems to think I'm easy to live with. My nieces and nephew all seem to like staying at my house. One of my coworker's kids is always asking when she can come back over to my house.

Arroyo_Doble
06-08-2011, 09:07 AM
You can tell me what to do or how to do it but you can't do both.

Rebel Yell
06-08-2011, 09:26 AM
Not only that but it has to roll from the top!! :D

Amen, brother!!!!!!!!

Gingersnap
06-08-2011, 09:50 AM

LOL! That's the crux of the matter, isn't? My girlfriends are all impressed with the home improvement stuff Mr. Snaps does and they wish their husbands were as ambitious. Little do they know what my "secret" is: I simply suggest that [name the project] would be nice, offer my own donkey work abilities if the project ever gets off the ground, and then shut up. I don't nag, micromanage, or supervise and I only offer suggestions when I'm asked.

This works out beautifully.

On the other hand, I never ask him to do something for me that will require a great deal of supervision or that needs a non-male level of pickiness to complete. Wash the dishes with the pressure-washer, for all I care but stay away from the sewing room. :D

Bailey
06-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Rolling over the top is just obvious. The brand doesn't seem important to me.

I must be a perv cause I thought by the "rolling over the top" part I thought that was a sexual position. :D

I was disappointed when i read the last part :(

Gingersnap
06-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I must be a perv cause I thought by the "rolling over the top" part I thought that was a sexual position. :D

I was disappointed when i read the last part :(

Imagine how disappointed you will be when you actually read the context! :p

Jumpy
06-08-2011, 01:22 PM
If you aren't in a room, TURN THE LIGHTS OFF!

Same goes for television, if you are leaving for anything longer than a potty break.

I need open windows if the outside temperature is anywhere from 55-85 degrees. I hate stuffy, overheated, or over air conditioned homes.

I recently acquired a roommate who was on the verge of homelessness. She has a tough time adapting to my rules, but thankfully she is respectful. (her bedroom is soooo stuffy with all of the windows closed).

Oh, and no nagging allowed.

Arroyo_Doble
06-08-2011, 01:25 PM
If you aren't in a room, TURN THE LIGHTS OFF!

Same goes for television, if you are leaving for anything longer than a potty break.

I need open windows if the outside temperature is anywhere from 55-85 degrees. I hate stuffy, overheated, or over air conditioned homes.

I recently acquired a roommate who was on the verge of homelessness. She has a tough time adapting to my rules, but thankfully she is respectful. (her bedroom is soooo stuffy with all of the windows closed).

Oh, and no nagging allowed.

Especially about turning the lights off and opening a window.

Jumpy
06-08-2011, 01:35 PM
Especially about turning the lights off and opening a window.

I am allowed to nag... my crib, my simple rules. hehe.

noonwitch
06-08-2011, 02:32 PM
I am allowed to nag... my crib, my simple rules. hehe.

Don't you love it? I'm convinced that if I ever do find Mr. Right, he has to have his own house and I get to keep mine. It's just better that way.

Odysseus
06-08-2011, 03:28 PM
I have a number of rules, preferences and ideas that I consider critical, but the most critical one is that I keep them to myself. :D

Molon Labe
06-08-2011, 05:27 PM
We don't wear shoes in the house anymore. It's for health reason, with the wifes asthma....and it's just cleaner.

If you come to the house bring slippers or we can provide you a pair of clean socks.

Hawkgirl
06-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Most of my life I have lived alone or had a short term female roomate. There have been other times where I took a couple of young people into my home as a favor to my church, as they had no where else to go and they found my rules were worse then the ones they had at home. :)

Now I own a house with an attached apartment. It's considered a duplex, but more like a house with in law quarters..I have my mom living with me on the same property. She's been sick and it's easier for me to take care of her if she is closer. We never lived too far away since I've been in NV but it was still hard. Now we are very close...and after a few trips to the ER that scared the shit out of me due to her health....when I am not at work, I'm usually close by in case she needs anything. I also have some damn good neighbors and friends that look out for her..

I cook.
I clean.
I do laundry.
I bought her a new SUV.
I take care of her cat.
I plant flowers, bushes & plants for her to sit outside and enjoy. The weather has been great.
When she wants to have company, I take care of making the meals.

So, I never thought at 43 years old my mom would be living with me, but she is....my dad was supposed to live forever. My mom just turned 70.

I do still have my own life. But the illness my mom has wears her out by just doing the simple tasks...so I do all I can do and have put some of my own health issues on hold.

So am I hard to live with? I don't really thing so. I know a lot of girls with multiple children that talk about me being a "good catch" but they don't have the right net....

The author of this thread knows me, and can verify that I am the real deal....I turned mistakes in my past to a pretty darn good life....

They say if you want to know how a man will treat you, look at how he treats his mother. You are the real deal.:)
Move to South florida ;):p

RobJohnson
06-08-2011, 06:07 PM
They say if you want to know how a man will treat you, look at how he treats his mother. You are the real deal.:)

Thanks. My mom has 100% of what she needs everyday. There is an exception, she really misses my late father...they would of been married 50 years on 4/3.

BadCat
06-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Thanks. My mom has 100% of what she needs everyday. There is an exception, she really misses my late father...they would of been married 50 years on 4/3.

Well, find her a man, Rob.

The median age in your town is somewhere around 100.

CueSi
06-08-2011, 06:54 PM

This. My ex never told me everything he wanted, and right when I fell into a routine, he changed it and suprised me. It's like he set the relationship up to fail.

Just... help me clean, be clear, and keep the liquor cabinet stocked. :D

~QC

Kay
06-08-2011, 11:07 PM
women want us for lawn maintenance and car repair :D

Nah, that's what brothers are for.
Brothers are less maintenance and often more reliable.

RobJohnson
06-09-2011, 02:41 AM
Well, find her a man, Rob.

The median age in your town is somewhere around 100.

There has been a couple, but they turned out to be creeps. Now she has been sick in bed...and can't really get out and dance. :D

I was with her one day and a guy with lots of money was hittng on her....I should of slipped him her phone number..he owns a huge buliding full of old cars....and I would like to own my own body shop again...:)

RobJohnson
06-09-2011, 02:42 AM
Nah, that's what brothers are for.
Brothers are less maintenance and often more reliable.

When I visit my sister all kinds of stuff gets done at her place.

I just with she lived closer, so I could visit more often.

RobJohnson
06-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Don't you love it? I'm convinced that if I ever do find Mr. Right, he has to have his own house and I get to keep mine. It's just better that way.

That sounds like a good idea. :D

I've been single for a long time and really enjoy my alone time...no one bothering me.

RobJohnson
06-09-2011, 03:31 AM

Send me a private message. :D I like Florida. I own some land close to the gulf coast in MS.

Hawkgirl
06-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Send me a private message. :D I like Florida. I own some land close to the gulf coast in MS.

Are you playing hard to get? I don't chase boys :cool:

Odysseus
06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
You guys need to get a chat room. :D

Hawkgirl
06-09-2011, 05:07 PM

LOLLL! :D

CueSi
06-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Are you playing hard to get? I don't chase boys :cool:

You may not chase boys, but I do. . . I kinda have to. If he doesn't PM you, message him if you think it's worth it. ;)

http://www.crystalinks.com/dianarome.jpg

~QC

Hawkgirl
06-09-2011, 06:03 PM
You may not chase boys, but I do. . . I kinda have to. If he doesn't PM you, message him if you think it's worth it. ;)

http://www.crystalinks.com/dianarome.jpg

~QC

Oh wow, Rob, I think they are trying to hook us up?!?!?? :D

ABC in Georgia
06-09-2011, 08:15 PM

My goodness!

Should have read this thread sooner. 'Tis getting quite interesting! Is it not? :eek:

Came in to give my two cents worth ... but would rather comment on Rob for now.

Rob, darlin' man, you are a wonderful catch for the right woman.

You *can* do two things at once. Keep being the caring son that you are, and have a relationship with a woman that has your same or similar to ... values. She would even be likely to be willing to help you out with your mom.

Look out for the "sharks" out there trying to snag a husband, the gold-diggers, the "needy" types, the "queenly-needing-to-be-kept-on-a-pedestal-ones, the ones with too much past baggage, and also, the good-looking-but-hair-brained ones!

Quite a mouthful, I know, but all come with a big warning sign ... Keep Off!

Don't know if you are a "church goer" or not. My father most definitely was NOT ... but he used to go to church socials simply to meet (mostly-decent) women ... no tee-totaller-he ... and found a few he had a lot in common with.

Enough of this ... am stepping down from my soap-box.

There will be a place for you in Heaven, sweet thing!

Love ~ Auntie Mame :)

Hawkgirl
06-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Simma down now....we're just having a little fun. Rob's got a *blocker.

BTW...did he pay you to say all that?

ABC in Georgia
06-09-2011, 09:41 PM

Oh Mercy, Hawkgirl ... was not referring to the two of you and your joking around. Sorry about that! :o Oh, andguess that I really should have put a :) in after my :eek: in my original post.

I really *do* have a nephew, who was just taken to the cleaners, by a woman, with 2 grown-up, worthless lay about kids ... that had part-time jobs- did nothing around the house or yard ... that soon after they married, moved in with them ... and he finally had enough and left her. Ruined the relationship and his respect for her.

Totally rotten kids ... who came with the "package" but she didn't tell him.

And NO ... he had no idea I was going to say all that ... I don't even know Rob, to my knowledge, he has never even communicated with me in here.

Sorry, no offence meant! Was almost word for word what I ended up telling my nephew.

~ ABC aka Auntie Mame

Hawkgirl
06-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Oh Mercy, Hawkgirl ... was not referring to the two of you and your joking around. Sorry about that! :o

I really *do* have a nephew, who was just taken to the cleaners, by a woman, with 2 grown-up, worthless lay about kids ... that had part-time jobs- did nothing around the house or yard ... that soon after they married, moved in with them ... and he finally had enough and left her. Ruined the relationship and his respect for her.

~ Auntie Mame

With the divorce rate being 50%, I have no doubt that stuff like that happens all the time.

I already have a significant other. She's an almost-two year old named Elizabeth. Men, bleh! My life was fulfilled the day she was born.:)

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v155av.jpg

ABC in Georgia
06-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Awww! She is a cutie.

Mercy, should not let "Auntie Mame" speak for me in here. :)

Just use her when giving advice, knowing full well that:

The best advice, is NOT to give it! :o

~ ABC

Kay
06-09-2011, 10:12 PM
I too must confess my love for Rob.
He would be an awesome catch for anyone.

Kay
06-09-2011, 10:15 PM
The little Hawkgirl is so cute!!! :)

Hawkgirl
06-09-2011, 10:26 PM
I too must confess my love for Rob.
He would be an awesome catch for anyone.

I don't think he wants to be "caught" lol

Hawkgirl
06-09-2011, 10:26 PM
The little Hawkgirl is so cute!!! :)

Thanks Kay. :D

Kay
06-09-2011, 10:46 PM
I don't think he wants to be "caught" lol

Yes and naturally that makes him even more desirable. LOL.

If I were an Intarwebs matchmaker I'd put the two of you together.
You are both awesome good catches in my book. :)

Odysseus
06-09-2011, 11:03 PM

Yes, but not very much, so most of it is sincere. :D

With the divorce rate being 50%, I have no doubt that stuff like that happens all the time.

I already have a significant other. She's an almost-two year old named Elizabeth. Men, bleh! My life was fulfilled the day she was born.:)

http://i56.tinypic.com/2v155av.jpg

She's a doll. My youngest is three. They are adorable at that age, but yours is especially so.

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/26101_1269462296639_1232285306_30615683_5288451_n. jpg

Hawkgirl
06-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Awww, so cute Ody!

I love kids...If I were younger, I'd have a half dozen:D