PDA

View Full Version : DNC Chair: GOP Wants To "Drag Us All The Way Back To Jim Crow"

djones520
06-08-2011, 01:19 AM
"[I]f you go back to the year 2000, when we had an obvious disaster and - and saw that our voting process needed refinement, and we did that in the America Votes Act and made sure that we could iron out those kinks, now you have the Republicans, who want to literally drag us all the way back to Jim Crow laws and literally - and very transparently - block access to the polls to voters who are more likely to vote Democratic candidates than Republican candidates. And it's nothing short of that blatant," DNC Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (FL) told TVOne's "Washington Week."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/06/07/dnc_chair_gop_wants_to_drag_us_all_the_way_back_to _jim_crow.html

Video at the link.

Someone should tell that idiot who it was that set up the Jim Crow laws, and who it was that tore them down. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
06-08-2011, 01:33 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/06/07/dnc_chair_gop_wants_to_drag_us_all_the_way_back_to _jim_crow.html

Video at the link.

Someone should tell that idiot who it was that set up the Jim Crow laws, and who it was that tore them down. :rolleyes:

She is just a stupid liberal hack. Then she made a half ass apology. The race baiting has already started. The democraps can not run on their record so it will be race baiting and slime the Repubs till the 012 elections.

pyackog
06-08-2011, 09:40 AM
So, she at least admits that people who are guilty of voter fraud are more likely to vote democrat. :D

NJCardFan
06-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Just when I thought this slag couldn't get any stupider, she speaks and proves me wrong. Tell me, Madam, why, during that "disaster" of 2000, your boy didn't want military absentee ballots counted?

CueSi
06-08-2011, 06:44 PM
I wanted the tranny to win. :mad:

~QC

Novaheart
06-08-2011, 06:55 PM

Video at the link.

Your characterization of Jim Crow is rather simplistic, but even if it weren't, how would the origins of Jim Crow be relevant to whether the GOP is trying to disenfranchise voters today?

Novaheart
06-08-2011, 06:56 PM
So, she at least admits that people who are guilty of voter fraud are more likely to vote democrat. :D

No, she's saying that the GOP efforts have nothing to do with curtailing voter fraud, and everything to do with discouraging Democratic voters.

Bailey
06-08-2011, 07:06 PM
No, she's saying that the GOP efforts have nothing to do with curtailing voter fraud, and everything to do with discouraging Democratic voters.

In other words illegal aliens and felons etc

NJCardFan
06-08-2011, 07:14 PM

And how, pray tell, do they accomplish this? Putting armed guards outside of polling places per se?
http://weaselzippers.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/new-black-panthers1.jpg

lacarnut
06-08-2011, 07:43 PM
And how, pray tell, do they accomplish this? Putting armed guards outside of polling places per se?

Nova is an idiot.

Bailey
06-08-2011, 07:44 PM

I would have LOL'd if a group of white men would have stomped these two in hamburger. :cool:

Adam Wood
06-08-2011, 08:04 PM
I would have LOL'd if a group of white men would have stomped these two in hamburger. :cool:You would have LOLed, but some people would be in jail for hate crimes and there would be gang hit orders out on their families.

pyackog
06-08-2011, 08:12 PM

Yeah, democratic voters who evidently should not be voting.

CueSi
06-08-2011, 08:16 PM
You would have LOLed, but some people would be in jail for hate crimes and there would be gang hit orders out on their families.

Basically. <SIGH>

~QC

Bailey
06-08-2011, 08:21 PM
You would have LOLed, but some people would be in jail for hate crimes and there would be gang hit orders out on their families.

They'd have to prove some kind of hate crime and isnt there only like 6 members of the NBPP?

NJCardFan
06-08-2011, 10:36 PM

Hate crime. As opposed to telling anyone who will listen that the only way black people can advance themselves would be to kill "cracker babies"?

Novaheart
06-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Yeah, democratic voters who evidently should not be voting.

It would not appear that you are at all familiar with the Republican proposals to change election rules in Florida. You appear to simply be assuming that because the GOP claims these changes are beneficial and will prevent voter fraud that they will.

How does cutting early voting short stop voter fraud? Funny, the GOP thought early voting was terrific when it was all Republicans doing it.

How does forcing someone to use a provisional ballot, someone who is already in the records but at a different address and who wants to change his voter registration the address on his drivers license going to prevent an illegal alien from voting?

How many illegal aliens voted last year (give stats, source, etc...)?

Hawkgirl
06-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Boca Raton elected this dimwit.

I'm surrounded by idiots.

Gingersnap
06-09-2011, 09:30 PM
What's sad is that somebody can attain this position with no understanding of the simple term "literally". She's apparently misused it other contexts so it wasn't a flub, it was ignorance and race-baiting.

NJCardFan
06-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Boca Raton elected this dimwit.

I'm surrounded by idiots.

It doesn't translate into rat mouth for nothing.