PDA

View Full Version : Teh Stupid...

SarasotaRepub
06-08-2011, 04:15 PM
Just amazing... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1256877)

OmmmSweetOmmm (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-08-11 04:00 PM
Original message Another Weiner Thread. Please take note of the Democrats that are calling for Weiner to resign.

I bet you won't find a true Progressive/Liberal among them. Taking Weiner out would suit them just fine.

What he did was stupid, but it's up to his constituents to decide if they want him to represent them. Everyone else should just Shut Up!

I am a proud NYer and am still pissed that Spitzer resigned.

:rolleyes:

FDK
06-08-2011, 04:36 PM
kctim (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-08-11 04:12 PM
Response to Original message
13. Duly noted

True progressive/liberals do not care if progressive\liberal politicians lie or attempt cover-ups.

That oughtta leave a mark. (But it won't at DU.)

fettpett
06-08-2011, 05:27 PM
The number of Dems calling for his resignation: 1: Bob Beckel

Arroyo_Doble
06-08-2011, 05:32 PM

Is there a compelling argument for his resignation?

SarasotaRepub
06-08-2011, 06:00 PM

Yes. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1257684) :p

fettpett
06-08-2011, 06:00 PM

um...lied about the pictures, dragging it through the media for over a week, he showed horrible lack of judgment, possibly used Congressional resources for this.

Larry Craig, Chris Lee and others have stepped away quit quickly and didn't make this big of a mess about it

Adam Wood
06-08-2011, 06:02 PM

2: Tim Kaine
3: Allyson Schwartz (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/08/dems-join-chorus-calling-for-rep-weiners-resignation/)

And it looks like a lot more aren't saying it out loud in public, but definitely have the idea in their heads, including Nancy Pelosi, who apparently, according to the DUmp, isn't a "true progressive."

fettpett
06-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Yes. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1257684) :p

haha, they call themselves "DINO's"

Arroyo_Doble
06-08-2011, 06:06 PM
um...lied about the pictures, dragging it through the media for over a week, he showed horrible lack of judgment, possibly used Congressional resources for this.

I'll throw the possibly out. The others are not enough, in my opinion.

His election (assuming he has a district next year) will determine if the others matter. For me, this is just all cringe worthy gossip. So far, there doesn't appear to be anything of substance to this whole thing.

Larry Craig, Chris Lee and others have stepped away quit quickly and didn't make this big of a mess about it

Craig put up a bit of a fight and remember, there was an arrest involved. Also, others from Vitter to Clinton, have not resigned with much, much worse involved.

Chris Lee is the only thing close to this and to me, it is the same; mid-life crisis embarrassment but nothing awful.

Adam Wood
06-08-2011, 06:08 PM
MisterP (1000+ posts) Wed Jun-08-11 04:13 PM
Response to Original message
14. selling out Main Street and out-GOPing the GOP are a-okay with them

millions dead for oil? WOOfuckingHOO! USA! USA!
but if an actual lib (and not a conservadim with a personality cult that keeps screaming how lib he is) sends naughty pics and is caught in an obvious smear apparatus, oh, then they say he's shameful and must leave immediately
note, too that nobody's screaming that these Blue Dogs are purists weakening the party by calling for a purge: only libs can harm the party, because they want higher standards in terms of better policies proposed and passed
it's also why they blame Nader when every mainstream and alternative news source agrees that Jeb and Katherine Harris stole Florida: everything about their ideology, policy, and policymaking politics prefers to work with and support conservatives and Republicans: that's why Lieberman and Zell, not Dean, are palling around with ManBaby Beck; that's why Pelosi, not Kucinich, demanded that * be protected from his crimes; that's why Obama, not McKinney, is making a sham of standing up to El Salvador on the Mediterranean (Israel)
ConservaDems vote for war and social cuts because that's what they're for: not because we didn't vote for them, not because the filibuster exists, not because they simply HAD to pass it in order to get good things for us peons
and guess what, America's non-elite and "we need to increase enthusiasm for the party" types: if your choice is between two opponents of SocSec or your favorite social program--THAT PROGRAM ISN'T GOING TO BE PROTECTED BY VOTING FOR ONE OF THOSE CANDIDATES

Wow. Pretty seriously unhinged moonbat there.

fettpett
06-08-2011, 06:29 PM

His election (assuming he has a district next year) will determine if the others matter. For me, this is just all cringe worthy gossip. So far, there doesn't appear to be anything of substance to this whole thing.

Craig put up a bit of a fight and remember, there was an arrest involved. Also, others from Vitter to Clinton, have not resigned with much, much worse involved.

Chris Lee is the only thing close to this and to me, it is the same; mid-life crisis embarrassment but nothing awful.

um....dude...Wiener himself admitted to 6 women, he also told them to lie about the relationship (which he also lied about at the Press conference on Tues), there are more than just 6 women.

I do agree that this shouldn't have been a big deal, but HE made it a big deal by denying it then trying to cover it up with a very blatant lie that he pushed for 10 Days and tried to drag Bierbart through the mud

SarasotaRepub
06-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Wow. Pretty seriously unhinged moonbat there.

WOOT!!! That was a greyt one!!! :D

FDK
06-08-2011, 07:26 PM
I do agree that this shouldn't have been a big deal, but HE made it a big deal by denying it then trying to cover it up with a very blatant lie that he pushed for 10 Days and tried to drag Bierbart through the mud

Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

NJCardFan
06-08-2011, 07:29 PM

So making up a story about someone hacking his account and going so far as to blame a blogger means nothing to you?

SarasotaRepub
06-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Ya gotta love the DUmmies... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1259015) :D

Anthony is a piece of scum and they want their Party to
swear allegiance to him and his ideals.

txradioguy
06-09-2011, 04:32 AM

Yeah but you know how it is with fanboy. Dems can do no wrong.

AmPat
06-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Yeah but you know how it is with fanboy. Dems can do no wrong.

Yep. In true liberal fashion, he goes to great lengths to excuse, minimize, and downplay DIMoRAT deviance. A sitting Congressman who displays this kind of behavior, lies, allows others to take the brunt of the attacks, then can't dig up enough class to resign is ok with liberals so long as there is a D affixed to his member.

I hope Wiener continues his idiocy until the right person gets pissed enough to expose the rest of this Crooked Member's deviant and likely illegal activities. :cool:

Madisonian
06-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner!

You mean you have a Wiener, don'tcha?

FDK
06-10-2011, 07:16 PM
You mean you have a Wiener, don'tcha?

http://trulyequal.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/wiener.jpg

Elspeth
06-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Ok, that's cute. :)

MrsSmith
06-11-2011, 08:08 AM
No more than there was for Mark Foley.

NJCardFan
06-11-2011, 04:30 PM
No more than there was for Mark Foley.

Or Chris Lee.

Odysseus
06-11-2011, 09:07 PM

Craig put up a bit of a fight and remember, ther was an arrest involved. Also, others from Vitter to Clinton, have not resigned with much, much worse involved.

He was sending potential blackmail material to casual online acquaintances. That would result in a revocation of security clearances for anyone not actually in the congress. He also spun up the NSA and other security agencies by falsely claiming that his account had been hacked. Hacking of any online accounts belonging to a member of congress has serious national security implications, especially if his passwords for other accounts had been compromised. In doing this, he showed terrible judgement and a complete lack of concern for the consequences of his conduct.

Apache
06-11-2011, 09:51 PM
He was sending potential blackmail material to casual online acquaintances. That would result in a revocation of security clearances for anyone not actually in the congress. He also spun up the NSA and other security agencies by falsely claiming that his account had been hacked. Hacking of any online accounts belonging to a member of congress has serious national security implications, especially if his passwords for other accounts had been compromised. In doing this, he showed terrible judgement and a complete lack of concern for the consequences of his conduct.

Hmmmm.....

Never thought about that.

Good point! Wonder how many other "games" are played, we have no idea about...

Arroyo_Doble
06-11-2011, 11:56 PM

Vitter.

djones520
06-12-2011, 12:00 AM
Vitter.

And? We were saying he needed to stay?

The Party might have been, but they were trying to play musical chairs, not wanting to give anymore up to the Dems.

Odysseus
06-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Vitter.

Although the blackmail issue is valid, Vitter didn't claim to have been compromised by hackers, so he didn't create the same kind of stir at the various security agencies that Weiner did. But, Vitter certainly could have been blackmailed by anyone with knowledge of his activities, and he actually did commit multiple counts of soliciting prostitutes. So, I agree, he should have stepped down. But then, so should Barney Frank, Gerry Studds, Teddy Kennedy, Charlie Rangel... Shall I continue?

txradioguy
06-12-2011, 03:55 AM
Although the blackmail issue is valid, Vitter didn't claim to have been compromised by hackers, so he didn't create the same kind of stir at the various security agencies that Weiner did. But, Vitter certainly could have been blackmailed by anyone with knowledge of his activities, and he actually did commit multiple counts of soliciting prostitutes. So, I agree, he should have stepped down. But then, so should Barney Frank, Gerry Studds, Teddy Kennedy, Charlie Rangel... Shall I continue?

The blackmail thing you talk about is actually the answer to the question the Libs keep tossing about about "Why should this matter"?

OPSEC and espionage is why something like what Rep. Wiener did is wrong or any Congresscritter caught in the same situation is wrong..

One of the techniques that intelligence agencies use to turn people and work for them is sex.

Imagine the coup for some intelligence agency to be running as one of their informants...a sitting U.S. Congressman.