PDA

View Full Version : " Obama Has an Anti-Texas Bias "

megimoo
06-10-2011, 02:05 PM
The Obama administration has a bias against the state creating the most jobs in America, retiring Texas Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison explained on MSNBC’s “The Daily Rundown” Friday.

“I see a bias in this administration against Texas,” Hutchison said, explaining how some of Texas’ anti-government attitude has made it more difficult to get the administration to pay attention to the Lone Star state’s needs.

“I do see it in this administration absolutely. We didn’t get the help on the wildfires that any other state would have gotten. We had to fight hard for our education money,” she lamented.

According to Hutchinson, the administration’s prejudice is extremely apparent.

“I think if you look at the things that have not happened in Texas, I think it is pretty clear that there is a bias against Texas,” Hutchison added. “Even in the border issues we’re not getting the help that we should have from the federal government to secure the 1,200 mile border that we have with Mexico. So I do think that a lot of the rhetoric has rubbed the administration wrong.”

http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/10/hutchison-the-obama-administration-has-an-anti-texas-bias/

Arroyo_Doble
06-10-2011, 03:50 PM
The Obama administration has a bias against the state creating the most jobs in America, retiring Texas Republican Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison explained on MSNBC’s “The Daily Rundown” Friday.

“I see a bias in this administration against Texas,” Hutchison said, explaining how some of Texas’ anti-government attitude has made it more difficult to get the administration to pay attention to the Lone Star state’s needs.

“I do see it in this administration absolutely. We didn’t get the help on the wildfires that any other state would have gotten. We had to fight hard for our education money,” she lamented.

According to Hutchinson, the administration’s prejudice is extremely apparent.

“I think if you look at the things that have not happened in Texas, I think it is pretty clear that there is a bias against Texas,” Hutchison added. “Even in the border issues we’re not getting the help that we should have from the federal government to secure the 1,200 mile border that we have with Mexico. So I do think that a lot of the rhetoric has rubbed the administration wrong.”

http://dailycaller.com/2011/06/10/hutchison-the-obama-administration-has-an-anti-texas-bias/

First of all, bullshit. But that aside, it is a good thing she is speaking to a national audience and not to one who has followed the Republican Texas legislature who has gutted the Texas Forest Service ... you know ... the guys who fund such things for the state. I guess the so-called State's Rights crowd forgets that sort of thing, though.

Apache
06-10-2011, 04:37 PM
First of all, bullshit. But that aside, it is a good thing she is speaking to a national audience and not to one who has followed the Republican Texas legislature who has gutted the Texas Forest Service ... you know ... the guys who fund such things for the state. I guess the so-called State's Rights crowd forgets that sort of thing, though.

What burned though state or federal land?

Just askin'...

Arroyo_Doble
06-10-2011, 04:41 PM
What burned though state or federal land?

Just askin'...

I am not sure what you are asking. Are you asking who owned the property?

Apache
06-10-2011, 04:42 PM
I am not sure what you are asking. Are you asking who owned the property?

Yup....

Arroyo_Doble
06-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Yup....

I would have to search for exact figures, I suppose, but I believe most of it was private. Possom Kingdom State Park was hit as well, though. I am not aware of any federal property but it may have been hit too. I am more familiar with the PK fires since I know people affected.

Apache
06-10-2011, 04:50 PM
I would have to search for exact figures, I suppose, but I believe most of it was private. Possom Kingdom State Park was hit as well, though. I am not aware of any federal property but it may have been hit too. I am more familiar with the PK fires since I know people affected.

If that is correct, than you are right. The Senator has no basis to be calling a bias, (as far as the fires go).

Calypso Jones
06-10-2011, 04:51 PM
I don't know that it is so much a bias as it is that he is making an example out of them. It's certainly having the effect of making Arizona toe the line a bit.