PDA

View Full Version : After taking Detroit down the tubes, Kwame resigns

OwlMBA
09-04-2008, 10:18 PM
I just loooooooove how he acts like he is taking the high road by resigning now, after dragging the city through the mud for over a year. He is a self-righteous a-hole and I hope he does hard time.

Kilpatrick to city: ‘There’s another day for me’

After an extraordinary day that saw him plead guilty to two felonies, Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick spoke for the first time publicly this evening.
Advertisement

Telling Detroiters "I've always said that you need to stand strong for the City of Detroit...but sometimes standing strong means stepping down," Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick delivered a televised speech that was part-apology, part campaign speech.

"Another day" for you? Dont count on it.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080904/NEWS01/309050001

PoliCon
09-04-2008, 10:59 PM
hey - Marion Berry got hisself re'lected.

cat714
09-05-2008, 03:11 AM
hey - Marion Berry got hisself re'lected.

The voters must have been on crack.

PoliCon
09-05-2008, 08:36 AM
and you think Detroit is any better?

Eyelids
09-05-2008, 03:19 PM
The voters must have been on crack.

Oh, well then Kwame has reelection all but wrapped up in Detroit.

LibraryLady
09-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Dems seem to get what they deserve. Crooked pols.

OwlMBA
09-06-2008, 12:31 AM
Its amazing the kind of idiots a city full of poor minorities will elect.....

Eyelids
09-06-2008, 04:37 AM
Its amazing the kind of idiots a city full of poor minorities will elect.....

I dont think you're talking about all those Eskimos who put Ted Stevens in office.

Sonnabend
09-06-2008, 08:19 AM
I dont think you're talking about all those Eskimos who put Ted Stevens in office.

No, he is referring to the jailbird Kwame and the incompetent Ray "Buses" Nagin

PoliCon
09-06-2008, 08:59 AM
everywhere in the country you go - where ever you find a population of people who are unwilling to work, living in squalor, more interested in blaming everyone else for their mistakes and their situation, and dependant upon the government for their provision - you find a dem stronghold.

d_va
09-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Sure is getting crowded under Sen.Hopechangery's bus:

http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/2008/08/detroit-kilpatr.html

chaz
09-06-2008, 11:40 AM
As a former Detroiter, and a guy who loves the city, I have to say Kilpatrick has been the most effective mayor since the '50's. The rebuilding and clean-up during his administration is the best thing the city has seen in decades. Not calling the guy great, just sayin' he's done more than the rest.

Of course that pissed off the do-nothing city council who hate havine the status qu riped from under them. They brought down the only guy to make the city better since the Eisenhower administration.

I hope Ken Cockrel Jr. has some balls, because he'll need them to stand up to his mom and the rest of the council to keep the city from total colapse.