PDA

View Full Version : The Democratic Party needs to claim the moral high ground.

Carol
06-13-2011, 08:59 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1291050)

Scuba Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-13-11 08:37 PM
Original message
The Democratic Party needs to claim the moral high ground.

Want to impress the American People? (with lies??)

Clean up the Democratic Party. Toss anybody who's dirty. Run squeeky clean candidates. Police them.

Then go after the "clean up" issues. Clarence Thomas's unreported income. Wall Street banksters. Citizens United. Illegal, immoral based-on-lies wars.

Then defend the American People. Defend Social Security. Advocate Medicare for All. Advocate more progressive taxes.

I believe these are all morally correct positions, necessary to secure the future of America. I believe these will resonate with the majority of the People.

I believe any failure of the Democrats to pursue these goals implicates them in the Right Wing plans to destroy America."moral high ground"? hahahahahaha

They can try to claim it but they certainly don't actually have it.

Apocalypse
06-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Sound familiar?

12. We will not tolerate politicians who are corrupt and who are bought and paid for by the rich. We will go after any elected leader who puts him or herself ahead of the people. And we promise you we will go after the corrupt politicians on our side FIRST. If we fail to do this, we need you to call us on it. Simply because we are in power does not give us the right to turn our heads the other way when our party goes astray. Please perform this important duty as the loyal opposition.

They keep promising the same thing each election cycle, but never deliver on it.

krodg
06-13-2011, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE]Then go after the "clean up" issues. Clarence Thomas's unreported income. Wall Street banksters[QUOTE]

Today I read that obama was sucking up to Wall Street for campaign money. :D

Dan D. Doty
06-14-2011, 01:11 AM
Hey Scuba!

I believe the correct term is a PURGE.

You're just a another little nutter, in a long line of nutters who think the world would be better place if some narrow minded asshole like you were running it. :rolleyes:

Next thing ya know there would be re-education camps and firing squads every where and you would be spending your time coming up with excuses to justify all the evil sh*t you were doing. :mad:

No, thank you Scuba.

txradioguy
06-14-2011, 01:38 AM
Scuba Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-13-11 08:37 PM
Original message
The Democratic Party needs to claim the moral high ground.

That would first require the Libtards to have and/or believe in the concept of "morals".

You idiots can't even admit to such simple concepts as right and wrong or good and evil.

NJCardFan
06-15-2011, 12:48 AM
Liberals couldn't find the moral high ground with mountain climbing equipment and a team of Sherpa.

AmPat
06-15-2011, 09:54 AM
There is no "high ground" in a cesspoo, just scattered clumps of $***l. :cool: