PDA

View Full Version : Obama: My family approves of a one-term presidency

Apocalypse
06-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Though the president himself, his staff, and his supporters around the country are busy devoting everything they've got to his 2012 re-election campaign, Obama revealed Monday that his family isn't necessarily as "invested."

"Michelle and the kids are wonderful in that if I said, 'You know, guys, I want to do something different,' they'd be fine. They're not invested in daddy being president or my husband being president. But they do believe in what we're doing," Obama told NBC "Today Show" host Ann Curry in an interview that aired Tuesday.

And the president revealed that even he sometimes feels like giving up.

"I'm sure there are days where I say that one term is enough," the president said, but he added that what keeps him going is the unfinished work regarding energy, education, and other issues.

http://us.yahoo.com/_ylt=AjzZMRRhi0koNF79CEtK2QGbvZx4;_ylu=X3oDMTJlaDB uYmFzBGNwb3MDMQRlZAMxBGcDaWQtOTk4MDcEaW50bAN1cwRzZ WMDaW5fbmV3cwRzbGsDbndzLXRpdGxlBHRlc3QDNzAxBHdvZQM xMjc4MDc0NA--/SIG=149i05vge/EXP=1308152407/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110614/ts_yblog_theticket/obama-my-family-approves-of-a-one-term-presidency

My family approves of you being a one term president. Hell many of the Dems I work with approves too. You have been a disaster, and your empty hype is just that, empty hype.

Speedy
06-14-2011, 12:08 PM
Good to know that you won't feel bad about the door hitting you on the ass on the way out.

Starbuck
06-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Does this mean that Michell (consistently described by the MSM as the the most beautiful, intelligent, graceful woman in the world) will be voting against Barrack? I wouldn't think so.:rolleyes:

lacarnut
06-14-2011, 12:26 PM
"I'm sure there are days where I say that one term is enough," the president said.

Liar, liar. I am going to enjoy the sour puss look on their faces when he has to give up the reins to the Repub in the coming election. Betcha sugar would not melt in that big mouth of hers.

Apocalypse
06-14-2011, 12:44 PM
Any one pay attention to this one line?

"what keeps him going is the unfinished work regarding energy, education, and other issues."

Notice the economy and JOBS are not his priority there. But (Green) Energy and (Liberal) education is.

Arroyo_Doble
06-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Any one pay attention to this one line?

"what keeps him going is the unfinished work regarding energy, education, and other issues."

Notice the economy and JOBS are not his priority there. But (Green) Energy and (Liberal) education is.

Good insight. And I don't mean the transient nature of jobs as an issue, either. When he decided to run for president, and developed goals, jobs were not on the immediacy list. I can understand having a vision on energy, education (and other issues), and keeping those goals in mind when you are elected. But even if you discount the impact of the collapse late in 2008 which forced an almost survival mode for the United States through our governing institutions, it means that Obama did not consider the drain of our manufacturing base, and the stagnation of wages in this nation, as something that needed to be addressed.

Bailey
06-14-2011, 02:46 PM
Liar, liar. I am going to enjoy the sour puss look on their faces when he has to give up the reins to the Repub in the coming election. Betcha sugar would not melt in that big mouth of hers.

I would love to see him hand the reins of power of to President Palin in 2013 :D

The look on his face would be priceless, not to mention the one on his bigfoot wife.

AmPat
06-14-2011, 04:10 PM
:rolleyes:

"I'm sure there are days where I say that one term is enough," the president said, but he added that what keeps him going is the unfinished work regarding energy, education, and other issues.
Can't even be honest in a friendly softball interview. Who would "be sure" if not you, the subject person?:rolleyes:

txradioguy
06-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Glad to see his family agrees with the rest of the country.

enslaved1
06-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Of course he and his family approve. In typical lib fashion, he's content with a legacy of being the first black president, the missus content with a legacy get healthy campaign, hoping it stands up there with Nancy Regan's Just Say No! anti drug campaign, and both perfectly happy living off the taxpayer's dime for the rest of their lives. Do nothing, get everything, a moonbat paradise!