PDA

View Full Version : " Clinton Opens Muslim Scienctific Achievement Exhibition in LA "

megimoo
06-15-2011, 06:42 AM
" American Secratery Of State Shills For The Saudi's "

JEDDAH: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton officially opened an award-winning exhibition about the scientific achievemesnts of Muslim civilization at the California Science Center in Los Angeles lately.

The 1001 Inventions exhibition, in partnership with (snip) Speaking via video, Secretary Clinton praised the work of the 1001 Inventions initiative for "celebrating a millennium of science and innovation in the Muslim world," and described the launch of the exhibition as "an exciting day." During her speech, Clinton remarked that "the Muslim world has a proud history of innovators"
snip
During her speech, Clinton remarked that "the Muslim world has a proud history of innovators" and highlighted the achievements of people like Fatima Al-Fihri, who founded the world’s first modern university, and master engineer Al-Jazari who created the crank mechanisms that drive every plane, train and automobile on the planet.

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/index.cfm?method=home.regcon&contentID=20110615103043

djones520
06-15-2011, 06:44 AM
Disagree or not with their religion, you can't deny that our life wouldn't be what it is today without their innovations in science throughout history.

megimoo
06-15-2011, 06:45 AM
Disagree or not with their religion, you can't deny that our life wouldn't be what it is today without their innovations in science throughout history.
Care to name a few ?

djones520
06-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Care to name a few ?

Covered it pretty extensively last year, but i'll give you the link.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=342677&postcount=87

megimoo
06-15-2011, 07:25 AM
Covered it pretty extensively last year, but i'll give you the link.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=342677&postcount=87
It looks like a shotgun list of claims...Care to supply some factas like some names ?

djones520
06-15-2011, 07:29 AM
It looks like a shotgun list of claims...Care to supply some factas like some names ?

How about no. It's all in that thread or links with it if you want to look for it. Or you could easily type "muslim scientists" into google and find it that way. I don't feel like playing Satanicus games today.

megimoo
06-15-2011, 07:58 AM
How about no. It's all in that thread or links with it if you want to look for it. Or you could easily type "muslim scientists" into google and find it that way. I don't feel like playing Satanicus games today.
You post a list of quasi facts and refuse to back it up .Would you be terribly upset if I called your list bull crap ?
The only thing I can find is the Arabs suposedly invented the tooth brush and discovered how to gring coffee .Don't believe everything you read... kid !

linda22003
06-15-2011, 08:12 AM
The toothbrush was invented in West Virginia.

If it had been invented anywhere else, it would have been called the TEETHbrush.

:p :p :p

megimoo
06-15-2011, 08:16 AM
The toothbrush was invented in West Virginia.

If it had been invented anywhere else, it would have been called the TEETHbrush.

:p :p :pVery humorous... but you fail to amuse !

noonwitch
06-15-2011, 08:21 AM
I blame them for creating algebra.

linda22003
06-15-2011, 08:32 AM
Very humorous... but you fail to amuse !

Oh noes... that means I'm getting to be like you! :p

megimoo
06-15-2011, 08:38 AM
Oh noes... that means I'm getting to be like you! :p
You should be so lucky !

AmPat
06-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Although they didn't "invent" it, I blame them for taking a cult to unprecedented levels of hate and global scale terrorism.:cool:

If they are so proud of their inventions, why aren't they equally ashamed of their backwardness?

Novaheart
06-15-2011, 12:24 PM
You post a list of quasi facts and refuse to back it up .Would you be terribly upset if I called your list bull crap ?
The only thing I can find is the Arabs suposedly invented the tooth brush and discovered how to gring coffee .Don't believe everything you read... kid !

Anything of this nature is bound to end up a pissing contest. Few things in this world were invented by a single person or culture if you break them down into their components, and by "their" I mean both the invention and the culture.

Making claims for inventions that are centuries or thousands of years old, much less recently, on behalf of an ethnicity, religion, or culture assumes a singular and static state.

If we look at almost any invention and break it down, its invention spans a long period of time and many influences. I'm thinking specifically of of the steam engine which we generally attribute to James Watt, which led to rail travel.

So James Watt invented the steam engine.... or the one we think was important.
He based his work on Newcomen, an Englishman who built a coal powered water pump. Elements of the design go back to a first century pump built in Egypt by a Greek, using principles of antiquity which are variously attributed to Egyptians, Babylonians, or Indians.

Few things were invented by one person on one day. Algebra is considered to have its roots in Greece, Persia, and India. The Arab subrace as we know it is theorized to have been heavily colonized by northern Indians prior to the time of Jesus. Some theologians believe that Jesus Christ was preaching a synthesis of Judaism and the Buddhism he had learned from Buddhist missionaries known to be in the region in his lifetime.

I wish these people had kept better records.

Odysseus
06-15-2011, 02:59 PM
Although they didn't "invent" it, I blame them for taking a cult to unprecedented levels of hate and global scale terrorism.:cool:

If they are so proud of their inventions, why aren't they equally ashamed of their backwardness?

Because their inventions were not as important to them as their backwardness. In order to understand why this is, it's important to understand two major movements in Islam, the Muʿtazilah and the Ash'ari. The Muʿtazilah believed that Allah was perfectly unified and eternal in nature. They then reasoned that the Qur'an must have been created and could not be co-eternal with God and that therefore the laws of Allah are accessible to human reason and inquiry, and that knowledge is derived from reason, reason can therefore be the "final arbiter" in determining moral values. It was during their period of ascendancy in Islam that progress in the sciences happened. This ended with the rise of the Ash'ari, who took over Islamic thought during the 12th century, when al Ghazali's polemic, The Incoherence of the Philosophers, advanced the current Islamic view of science. Wikipedia sums up their philosophical tenets as:

Complete comprehension of the Unique Nature and Attributes of God is beyond the capacity of human reasoning and sense experience.
Although humans possess free will (or more accurately, freedom of intention), they have no power to create anything in the material world as this is entirely the province of God. This doctrine is now known in Western philosophy as occasionalism.
Knowledge of moral truths must be taught by means of Revelation, and is not known a priori or by deduction from a priori propositions or by sheer observation of the world. It is permissible for a Muslim to believe and accept that a proposition is a moral truth based solely on the authority of a consensus of authorised scholars (ulama). This is known as taqlid ("imitation" in religion).

To the Ash'ari, natural law was the whim of Allah, and causal relationships were simply illusions that Allah maintained for his own reasons. Everything that happens is, therefore, not the result of cause and effect, but the will of Allah, and attempts to study the natural world were blasphemous. It didn't take too many centuries of that kind of thought for the Muslim world to stagnate and decline, and today, the main goal of the most energetic movements in Islam, the Salafist, Deobandi and Wahhabi schools, is to return to what they consider the most "pure" period of Islam, the century during which Mohammed and his immediate successors, the so-called "rightly-guided" Caliphs, governed, until it was disrupted by the heresy of the Muʿtazilah.