PDA

View Full Version : Media Bias

PoliCon
09-05-2008, 09:08 AM
Ever notice how left candidates and the press trade "reporters" and staffers back and forth and yet they have the nerve to claim that they are unbiased and fox is slanted?

Former ABC Reporter, Now Obama Campaign Worker, Bashes GOP As 'Extremely Conservative' on Abortion (http://www.cultureandmediainstitute.org/articles/2008/20080826183913.aspx)
NBC's Morning Joe hosts failed to challenge Linda Douglass on Obama's extreme pro-abortion record.

By Colleen Raezler
Culture and Media Institute
August 26, 2008

Linda Douglass, the former ABC News reporter and current senior advisor to the Obama campaign, lashed out at John McCain and Mitt Romney by labeling them “extremely conservative on social issues” in an interview on Saturday’s Morning Joe.

NBC co-hosts Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski failed to ask Douglass to explain her new boss’s extreme liberalism on abortion, which verges on infanticide.

wilbur
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Many are biased, yes. But, at the same time, it can also be true that Fox News is a ridiculously biased and transparent propaganda machine (and it is). That station sucks the intelligence right out people's heads. But then again, that makes it about the same as every other news network, and most talk radio (neal bortz excluded.... usually..)

YupItsMe
09-05-2008, 02:07 PM
Many are biased, yes. But, at the same time, it can also be true that Fox News is a ridiculously biased and transparent propaganda machine (and it is). That station sucks the intelligence right out people's heads. But then again, that makes it about the same as every other news network, and most talk radio (neal bortz excluded.... usually..)

At least Fox News makes an attempt to have both sides on. I'll admit they make talk over them. The other networks don't even make an attempt to be unbiased, yet all liberals talk about is Fox news.

They can't stand to hear anything that even questions their views and want it banned. Probably they'd be happy with a big ole bonfire and round up all the millions of outstanding copies of Coulter's, O'Reilly's, Malkin's and Rush's books.

jinxmchue
09-05-2008, 05:49 PM

You know what else is true? Fox News kicks the left-stream media's ass constantly.

Something else? You're a dipshit. Go back to the DUmp where you belong, you monkey.

PoliCon
09-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Many are biased, yes. But, at the same time, it can also be true that Fox News is a ridiculously biased and transparent propaganda machine (and it is). That station sucks the intelligence right out people's heads. But then again, that makes it about the same as every other news network, and most talk radio (neal bortz excluded.... usually..) Please. It's been proven again and again that FOX news offers the most balanced and unbiased presentation of the news of all US outlets. Their COMMENTARY is decidedly right - but if you actually know the difference - and most lefties don't - you know that Fox is as the say: Fair and balanced.

PoliCon
09-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Gov. Ed RENDELL of PA: . the most fair and balanced — I'm going to get killed for this — the most fair and balanced network coverage was FOX. I said that, and I wound up as the worst person in the world. But you guys were.

wilbur
09-06-2008, 12:39 AM
Please. It's been proven again and again that FOX news offers the most balanced and unbiased presentation of the news of all US outlets. Their COMMENTARY is decidedly right - but if you actually know the difference - and most lefties don't - you know that Fox is as the say: Fair and balanced.

You are part of the problem.

Sonnabend
09-06-2008, 01:01 AM
You are part of the problem

No, the rest of the lying, leftist media, the Communist News Network, SeeBeeS, ABC, Looseweek, The New York Slimes, Slime Magazine..are the problem.

Fox News is at least balanced...last time I checked, Dan Rather didn't work for them.

Gingersnap
09-06-2008, 11:50 AM
You are part of the problem.

In what way is he part of the problem?

LibraryLady
09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
wilbur resents that we have a choice now and aren't force fed by the liberal media.

August Ratings: FNC Most Watched For 80 Months (http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/)

Fox News Channel was again the most-watched cable news network during August, winning for the 80th consecutive month in primetime and total day Total Viewers. It was also the highest-rated cable news network in the A25-54 demo this month.

In Total Viewers, FNC had the top ten programs in Total Viewers in cable news as well.

Year-to-year, The O'Reilly Factor and Hannity & Colmes showed double-digit increases in both Total Viewers and in the A25-54 demo. All primetime programs grew by double-digits in Total Viewers.

AmPat
09-06-2008, 12:14 PM

Opinion stated as fact doesn't work well here. The FACTS prove your opinion baseless. You and the rest of Liberal-land simply cannot stand the FACT that the strangle-hold the Left has had on American media is getting its collective A$$e$ handed to them by a single NON-LIBERAL news source.

Note I didn't state Conservative? FOX news is fair but because it doesn't dish out heaping spoonfuls of Liberal garbage, you libs consider it Conservative.

The news commentary can be debated but as soon as I bring up that Clown Olbermann, you loose.

wilbur
09-06-2008, 01:44 PM
In what way is he part of the problem?

Any person who can say, with a straight face, that Fox news is "fair and balanced" has a broken brain. It is simply unbelievable.

Fox news isnt fair and balanced... its a resignation to the idea that we can't beat the left media, or hold ourselves to a higher standard. Its stooping to their level. Sorry, I would hope we had more credibility than that. But go ahead AmPat, Sonna, and others, call me a liberal some more. I've made my position clear that the other news networks arent any better with regards to bias, from where I sit.

MrsSmith
09-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist

By Meg Sullivan| 12/14/2005 (http://www.newsroom.ucla.edu/portal/ucla/Media-Bias-Is-Real-Finds-UCLA-6664.aspx?RelNum=6664)

While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left.

These are just a few of the surprising findings from a UCLA-led study, which is believed to be the first successful attempt at objectively quantifying bias in a range of media outlets and ranking them accordingly.

"I suspected that many media outlets would tilt to the left because surveys have shown that reporters tend to vote more Democrat than Republican," said Tim Groseclose, a UCLA political scientist and the study's lead author. "But I was surprised at just how pronounced the distinctions are."

>>>snip

Of the 20 major media outlets studied, 18 scored left of center, with CBS' "Evening News," The New York Times and the Los Angeles Times ranking second, third and fourth most liberal behind the news pages of The Wall Street Journal.

Only Fox News' "Special Report With Brit Hume" and The Washington Times scored right of the average U.S. voter.

>>>snip

If viewers spent an equal amount of time watching Fox's 'Special Report' as ABC's 'World News' and NBC's 'Nightly News,' then they would receive a nearly perfectly balanced version of the news," said Milyo, an associate professor of economics and public affairs at the University of Missouri at Columbia.

Fox only stands out because the rest of the media is falling off the left side of the page. Without them, there would be NO balance.

lacarnut
09-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Any person who can say, with a straight face, that Fox news is "fair and balanced" has a broken brain. It is simply unbelievable.

Fox news isnt fair and balanced... its a resignation to the idea that we can't beat the left media, or hold ourselves to a higher standard. Its stooping to their level. Sorry, I would hope we had more credibility than that. But go ahead AmPat, Sonna, and others, call me a liberal some more. I've made my position clear that the other news networks arent any better with regards to bias, from where I sit.

So tell me who is fair and balanced. If you say PBS, you are the one with a broken brain.

wilbur
09-06-2008, 02:16 PM
So tell me who is fair and balanced. If you say PBS, you are the one with a broken brain.

Unfortunately, I can't think of any that would fit that description.

megimoo
09-06-2008, 02:42 PM

Hey wilber how often do you wipe your lips ?You are getting to be a windup Ronbot/little libberal toy like your brethren EyeCrap,LogansDud and Woodsy Owl.

Between CNN,MSNBC and a majority of others its 24/7 MC Cain did this Paulin's kids did that without even a pause and you have the Chutzpah, audacity,impertinence to complain of one conservative voice,for shame thou foul Hypocrite !

You critters are so predictable that it's mindless to even read your screed anymore.You function more as a resident Obama/Liberal watchman than a person who's opinions are interesting . :D

Constitutionally Speaking
09-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Unfortunately, I can't think of any that would fit that description.

Fox may be slightly to the right, but by FAR they are the MOST fair. It ain't even close.

bmovies
09-08-2008, 05:24 PM
LINDA DOUGLASS: Well first of all Joe Biden is an expert on almost every subject that has ever come before the Congress.

Well thats good to know.

newshutr
09-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Wilbur, you have your head so far up your ass. I work in television and many times with the national tv networks.

You have no idea how much blasting Fox news for "bias" makes you look like an uneducated fool. If you really paid attention or knew any of the letter network anchors or producers you'd see the idiocy of your argument.

The fact is, Fox news brings a centralized coverage to their broadcasts. Because we've been fed a constant stream of leftist bull for so long, by a bunch of admitted liberals, the more centered of coverage presented seems like a poke in the eye to those expecting the same type of spoon fed pablum.

And I don't work for a Fox affiliate either. I work for one of the liberal networks and it's affiliate.

You have no idea of what you're taking about.

MrsSmith
09-08-2008, 08:28 PM
Wilbur, you have your head so far up your ass. I work in television and many times with the national tv networks.

You have no idea how much blasting Fox news for "bias" makes you look like an uneducated fool. If you really paid attention or knew any of the letter network anchors or producers you'd see the idiocy of your argument.

The fact is, Fox news brings a centralized coverage to their broadcasts. Because we've been fed a constant stream of leftist bull for so long, by a bunch of admitted liberals, the more centered of coverage presented seems like a poke in the eye to those expecting the same type of spoon fed pablum.

And I don't work for a Fox affiliate either. I work for one of the liberal networks and it's affiliate.

You have no idea of what you're taking about.

Thank you! :)

Eyelids
09-08-2008, 11:58 PM
Fox may be slightly to the right, but by FAR they are the MOST fair. It ain't even close.

Hahahahahahahah

AmPat
09-09-2008, 12:01 AM
Unfortunately, I can't think.

I'm sorry, were you saying something?

AmPat
09-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Hahahahahahahah

What a sharp, poignant riposte. Your trainers must be proud.:rolleyes:

LibraryLady
09-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Take pity, his candidate is floundering, his TV channel "spanked" his heroes and he must have hit the bottle early today.

newshutr
09-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Hahahahahahahah

Once again, you, like your counterpart Wilbur, simply have no idea of how biased the letter networks are.

Have you worked a with a national reporter and producer who's main goal was to "glorify the candidate?" I have. That was the exact quote and direction given to me by the NBC producer in 2004 when we were assigned to interview Kerry.

You have no idea in your little high school cocoon how the real world works.

PoliCon
09-09-2008, 09:39 AM
You are part of the problem.If knowing the difference between commentary and news is part of the problem for the MSM - I'm glad to be a part.

PoliCon
09-09-2008, 09:40 AM
HahahahahahahahGo ask Ed Rendell.

wilbur
09-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Once again, you, like your counterpart Wilbur, simply have no idea of how biased the letter networks are.

Have you worked a with a national reporter and producer who's main goal was to "glorify the candidate?" I have. That was the exact quote and direction given to me by the NBC producer in 2004 when we were assigned to interview Kerry.

You have no idea in your little high school cocoon how the real world works.

Reading comprehension really isnt a strong suit for many posters of this forum is it?

wilbur
09-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Hey wilber how often do you wipe your lips ?You are getting to be a windup Ronbot/little libberal toy like your brethren EyeCrap,LogansDud and Woodsy Owl.

Between CNN,MSNBC and a majority of others its 24/7 MC Cain did this Paulin's kids did that without even a pause and you have the Chutzpah, audacity,impertinence to complain of one conservative voice,for shame thou foul Hypocrite !

You critters are so predictable that it's mindless to even read your screed anymore.You function more as a resident Obama/Liberal watchman than a person who's opinions are interesting . :D

You call me predictable? You and so many others cant even have a coherent conversation on the points that are actually made to you.

Well... lets add "Criticizing Fox News" to the list of triggers that will automatically make one of you fools completely ignore everything from that point on, categorize the speaker as "liberal/obama supporter/moonbat" and fume on with deluded rantings about left wing conspiracies despite what the poster in question actually says. We'll put this right under, "Refusing to deny global warming".

Heres a newsflash... the extremist right no longer, in any way shape or form, has any room to complain about being marginalized by the media, with their own juggernauts in place, playing the same dirty game... from fox news to talk radio. The right hasnt been an underdog in the media for a long long time now.

newshutr
09-09-2008, 01:49 PM
You call me predictable? You and so many others cant even have a coherent conversation on the points that are actually made to you.

Well... lets add "Criticizing Fox News" to the list of triggers that will automatically make one of you fools completely ignore everything from that point on, categorize the speaker as "liberal/obama supporter/moonbat" and fume on with deluded rantings about left wing conspiracies despite what the poster in question actually says. We'll put this right under, "Refusing to deny global warming".

Heres a newsflash... the extremist right no longer, in any way shape or form, has any room to complain about being marginalized by the media, with their own juggernauts in place, playing the same dirty game... from fox news to talk radio. The right hasnt been an underdog in the media for a long long time now.

No just every election year..and the years in between those.

You're deluded if you think that the right hasn't been the underdog and still continues to be so.

No, I take that back. You're a damn fool for believing that.

PoliCon
09-09-2008, 07:04 PM
http://www.cultureandmediainstitute.org/articles/2008/20080826180111.aspx
Nets Not Showing Embarrassing DNC Convention Events
No cameras have shown Trojan handing out condoms to Democratic delegates – or the prolife demonstration in Denver.
Kristen Fyfe
Culture and Media Institute
August 26, 2008

The broadcast networks have devoted a lot of manpower and resources to covering this week’s Democratic National Convention in Denver. Viewers have been bombarded with images of delegates in crazy hats sporting Michelle/Kennedy/Obama/Biden/Hillary signs. Interviews of “average Americans” attending the convention have played across all the network newscasts both in the evenings and mornings.

But there are some stories the networks are carefully avoiding.

For instance, not one network morning program covered the pro-life demonstration held in Denver and no broadcast coverage has been given to the fact that the Bishop of Denver’s archdiocese has chastised House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and soon-to-be-nominated-for-Vice President Joseph Biden, both Catholics, on their support for abortion.

And speaking of abortion, no network cameras have videotaped the Bowling for Abortion event held in Denver. Well, according to the Washington Post’s Dana Milbank, the event was actually called “Strike for your Rights” and was sponsored by the Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice. He wrote that Denver had become “a parade ground for the full panoply of liberal interest-group politics.”

Milbank also noted other happenings the networks haven’t bothered to report to the American public, like Planned Parenthood’s dance party called “Sex, Politics and Cocktails” or the fact that condoms were being handed out near the convention entrance by representatives of Trojan who challenged delegates to see how fast they could get the condoms on a banana.

Now that would be compelling television, don’t you think?

Kristen Fyfe is senior writer at the Culture and Media Institute, a division of the Media Research Center.

PoliCon
09-09-2008, 07:08 PM
http://www.businessandmedia.org/commentary/2008/20080828173127.aspx

'Economic Disaster' Brought to You By Obama, News Networks
Obama finally joined the media's economic disaster choir.

By Dan Gainor
The Boone Pickens Free Market Fellow
Business & Media Institute
8/28/2008 5:33:13 PM

Back in June, Tapper told viewers of the two candidates, “both believe the other would lead to economic disaster.” The difference is Obama is getting away with saying we’re already there. “Economic disaster?” It’s pathetic to even have to address that issue. The 47-year-old Obama has lived through at least six recessions in his lifetime, according to a list compiled by CNBC.com. Would he define those as “disasters” as well? Probably only the ones he was sure he could pin on Republicans.

Was the 1973 Arab oil embargo and recession a “disaster?” Drivers who could only buy on either odd or even days probably felt so. How about the dot-com implosion. It’s doubtful Obama would blame that one on his new buddy Bill Clinton in the spirit of convention “unity.”

But, after all, Obama is running for office. Americans expect him to make things up. What’s really bad is that no one in the media even commented on the big lie. Either because they believe everything Obama says or because they already believed it themselves.

The last four years have been a case study of how the media can misrepresent and undermine the economy. Journalists aren’t satisfied with a downturn. They make seemingly endless connections to the Great Depression. More than 70 times in the first six months of the year and that’s just on the three broadcast networks. Apparently, that economic delusion worked with Obama and his speechwriter.

What’s interesting is Obama’s disaster quote isn’t prominent on the economy section of his own Web site. Instead, there is a much more optimistic quote from a September 17 speech. “I believe that America's free market has been the engine of America's great progress. It's created a prosperity that is the envy of the world. It's led to a standard of living unmatched in history.”