PDA

View Full Version : Obama denies knowledge of Operations Fast and Furious

djones520
06-18-2011, 12:29 AM
"Well, I don't have anything specific," White House press secretary said in response to a question asking if President Obama ordered or had any knowledge of project "Fast and Furious." The mission involved gunrunning at the southern border between the U.S. Mexico.

Congress is currently investigating this secret operation which has resulted in subpoenaing the Department of Justice to testify on the issue and provide unredacted memos relating to the mission.

"He did not know about or authorize this operation," Carney told the press about President Obama's lack of involvement.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/06/17/carney_obama_did_not_know_about_or_authorize_borde r_gunrunning_operation.html

Video at link.

This I can buy. Doesn't absolve him of responsibility though.

txradioguy
06-18-2011, 02:38 AM
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/06/17/carney_obama_did_not_know_about_or_authorize_borde r_gunrunning_operation.html

Video at link.

This I can buy. Doesn't absolve him of responsibility though.

I don't. Especially a control freak like Obama is. And especially on an op that crosses international borders.

djones520
06-18-2011, 02:41 AM
I don't. Especially a control freak like Obama is. And especially on an op that crosses international borders.

I doubt he was even told about it. The ATF doesn't even have someone running it right now. Just a "temporary" head. It's a cluster fuck.

I chaulk this up to electing a pack of amateurs who've never ran a thing in their life being put in charge of the biggest machine in the world.

txradioguy
06-18-2011, 02:47 AM
I chaulk this up to electing a pack of amateurs who've never ran a thing in their life being put in charge of the biggest machine in the world.

^^

On this we agree.

The other part....still not convinced. We'll see. He knows...and I think he knows more than he'd ever admit.

But as we've seen in the past he's more than willing to throw others under the bus to protect himself.

I mean this IS the same guy who claims he sat in Rev. Wrights church for 20 years yet somehow never heard the racist hate filled "sermons" he gave.

fettpett
06-18-2011, 11:18 AM
AFT should be disband, permanently. All these guys in charge should be fired as well, as in never working for Law enforcement again. this is a disgrace