PDA

View Full Version : " Christians are More Militant than Muslims, says Government's Equalities Boss

megimoo
06-19-2011, 03:58 AM
Snip

bijou
06-19-2011, 04:13 AM
I have edited the title to reflect the actual quote and headline.

NJCardFan
06-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Trevor Phillips warned that "an old time religion incompatible with modern society" is driving the revival in the Anglican and Catholic Churches and clashing with mainstream views, especially on homosexuality.
Yeah. Christians are just hanging gays in the streets. You know, like this...
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QRVCnn0AreA/RvXXXY_Zc-I/AAAAAAAAAAc/M0wOd2bIDdI/s320/gay_hanging_iran.jpg
http://columbiaracistspeaker.blogspot.com/2007/09/shameless-hypocrisy-columbias-double.html

CueSi
06-19-2011, 02:55 PM
" Christians are More Militant than Muslims"? At THIS point in history?

http://files.sharenator.com/Are_You_Fucking_Kidding_Me_What_is_your_favorite_V ideo_game-s370x333-137730-580.jpg

~QC

Articulate_Ape
06-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Hey look, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/images/2008/01/31/ashura.jpg

I swear, stupidity is the Left's native tongue. :rolleyes:

Apache
06-19-2011, 05:13 PM
So where's the story?:confused:

Rockntractor
06-19-2011, 05:15 PM

It appears to have vaporized!:confused:

Rockntractor
06-19-2011, 05:17 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/8584030/Christians-are-more-militant-than-Muslims-says-Governments-equalities-boss.html
Trevor Phillips warned that "an old time religion incompatible with modern society" is driving the revival in the Anglican and Catholic Churches and clashing with mainstream views, especially on homosexuality.

He accused Christians, particularly evangelicals, of being more militant than Muslims in complaining about discrimination, arguing that many of the claims are motivated by a desire for greater political influence.

However the chairman of the Equality and Human Rights Commission expressed concern that people of faith are "under siege" from atheists whom he accused of attempting to "drive religion underground".

In an interview with the Sunday Telegraph ahead of a landmark report on religious discrimination in Britain, he said the Commission wants to protect Christians and Muslims from discrimination, admitting his body had not been seen to stand up for the people discriminated against because of their faith in the past.

In a wide-ranging intervention into the debate over the role of religion in modern Britain, Mr Phillips:

Novaheart
06-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Yeah. Christians are just hanging gays in the streets. You know, like this...

He appears to be saying that Christians in Britain are complaining more than Muslims (which I am reading as "even more than Muslims) about discrimination, not saying that Christians are as barbaric as the Muslims countries.

Christians are more militant than Muslims in complaining about discrimination, the head of Britain’s equality watchdog has claimed.
Trevor Phillips said Muslims are better at integrating into society, while Christians often complain about bias for cynical political gains.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005536/Trevor-Phillips-explosive-claim-Christians-fundamental-Muslims.html#ixzz1Plm3MzqX

Novaheart
06-19-2011, 08:04 PM

Well, apples to apples. My guess is that the men in this picture are slashing themselves in that ritual wailing they do now and then to reenact something that was done to Mohammed's grandson or something. The closest point of comparison would be the Catholic idiots out there who actually get nailed to crosses on Good Friday.

Novaheart
06-19-2011, 08:05 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005536/Trevor-Phillips-explosive-claim-Christians-fundamental-Muslims.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

KhrushchevsShoe
06-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Well thats just, like, your opinion man.

All things considered the two are probably equally militant towards each other.

fettpett
06-19-2011, 09:49 PM
Well thats just, like, your opinion man.

All things considered the two are probably equally militant towards each other.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
06-20-2011, 01:47 AM
Well, apples to apples. My guess is that the men in this picture are slashing themselves in that ritual wailing they do now and then to reenact something that was done to Mohammed's grandson or something. The closest point of comparison would be the Catholic idiots out there who actually get nailed to crosses on Good Friday.

Yeah, all 78 of them. Muslims take it to a whole new level, it's what they do.

djones520
06-20-2011, 02:02 AM

I'm assuming thats a facetious number right? Cause it's quite a few more that practice self-crucifixion and self-flagellation.

fettpett
06-20-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm assuming thats a facetious number right? Cause it's quite a few more that practice self-crucifixion and self-flagellation.

he probably was referring to Westboro

Novaheart
06-20-2011, 11:00 AM

Proportion aside, it seems human nature is always in play. The crying and wailing is to absolved themselves of sin.

From Wiki Ashura (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Day_of_Ashura)

As suffering and cutting the body with knives or chains (matam) have been prohibited by Shi'a marjas like Ali Khamenei, Supreme Leader of Iran,[17] some Shi'a observe mourning with blood donation which is called "Qame Zani"[17] and flailing.[18] Yet some Shi'ite men and boys, considered heretics by some Muslim scholars, slash themselves with razors (zanjeer) or swords (talwar) and allow their blood to run freely.[18]

Certain rituals like the traditional flagellation ritual called Talwar zani (talwar ka matam) using a sword or zanjeer zani or zanjeer matam, involving the use of a zanjeer (a chain with blades) are also performed.[19] These are religious customs that show solidarity with Husayn and his family. People mourn the fact that they were not present at the battle to fight and save Husayn and his family.[20][21]

Shia commonly believe that taking part in Ashura is to be absolved of sin[citation needed]. A popular Shia saying has it that, `a single tear shed for Husayn washes away a hundred sins.`

djones520
06-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Shia commonly believe that taking part in Ashura is to be absolved of sin[citation needed]. A popular Shia saying has it that, `a single tear shed for Husayn washes away a hundred sins.`

Some think saying a few Hail Marie's does it, some think whipping themselves does it. *shrugs* Me, I just revel in my sins. :D

Novaheart
06-20-2011, 11:57 AM
Some think saying a few Hail Marie's does it, some think whipping themselves does it. *shrugs* Me, I just revel in my sins. :D

Hail Marys are a lot less painful, and it's a contemplative way to spend the time waiting for traffic to clear up. Despite my not being Catholic, Catholic schooling sticks with you. Rather than sit in a back up on 275 seething, I'll say Hail Marys for the person who might be dying at the front of the line. It's soothing.

The Night Owl
06-20-2011, 12:05 PM

Proverbs 20:30
King James Version (KJV)

30The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

txradioguy
06-20-2011, 12:31 PM
King James Version (KJV)

30The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.

And that has to do with self abuse that Muslims inflict upon themselves how?

Oh yeah that's right...its more cluelessness from someone who hates religion.

:rolleyes:

The Night Owl
06-20-2011, 12:40 PM
And that has to do with self abuse that Muslims inflict upon themselves how?

Oh yeah that's right...its more cluelessness from someone who hates religion.

:rolleyes:

I'm just trying to show that Muslims who beat themselves are living Biblically.

txradioguy
06-20-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm just trying to show that Muslims, or at least the Muslims who beat themselves, are living Biblically.

And yet you fail so miserably at it.

Apache
06-20-2011, 12:41 PM
King James Version (KJV)

Oh too bad,so sad...

1) You take the literal meanings of the words without taking into account their context when they were written...FAIL!

That verse refers to DISCIPLINE...

2) That is Old Testament not New. The New Testament is the basis and foundation of Christianity...FAIL!

Apache
06-20-2011, 12:43 PM

No, you are trying to twist the Bible around to say something it doesn't....

txradioguy
06-20-2011, 12:48 PM
No, you are trying to twist the Bible around to say something it doesn't....

Coming from the Foul Owl...that's par for the course.

Apache
06-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Coming from the Foul Owl...that's par for the course.

True...

Odysseus
06-20-2011, 12:57 PM

And if anyone here is an expert on self abuse, it is you.

Articulate_Ape
06-20-2011, 01:04 PM
King James Version (KJV)

Written some 3000 years ago. That picture is only about 7 months old. Obviously in your rush to defend what to civilized humans is indefensible you checked your brain at the door.

Apache
06-20-2011, 02:09 PM
And if anyone here is an expert on self abuse, it is you.

Ya think he's off licking his wounds now?:confused:

NJCardFan
06-20-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.esreality.com/files/placeimages/2010/76313-derp3.jpg
fixed

NJCardFan
06-20-2011, 05:20 PM
Written some 3000 years ago. That picture is only about 7 months old. Obviously in your rush to defend what to civilized humans is indefensible you checked your brain at the door.

Doesn't that require having a brain to begin with?

Odysseus
06-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Ya think he's off licking his wounds now?:confused:

More like licking the windows on the short bus.

Novaheart
06-20-2011, 09:54 PM

How do you figure that re-enacting the martyrdom of Hussein in 680 AD is Biblical?

CueSi
06-20-2011, 09:57 PM
How do you figure that re-enacting the martyrdom of Hussein in 680 AD is Biblical?

http://www.burn-rock.co.uk/Burn/images/Burn%20Logo.jpg

~QC

Odysseus
06-20-2011, 11:13 PM

LOL. Nightie is demonstrating his scholarship of Middle Eastern history and comparative religions. Since both epics took place in the desert, everyone wore robes, sandals and had beards, clearly they are interchangeable. It's all very Life of Brian. :D

The Night Owl
06-20-2011, 11:53 PM

The material you posted in post #17 says Muslims believe that taking part in Day of Ashura absolves them of sin. That instantly reminded me of Proverbs 20:30-- the whole cleansing away of evil through suffering thing. It's the same sort of mentality.

Novaheart
06-21-2011, 12:15 AM
The material you posted in post #17 says Muslims believe that taking part in Day of Ashura absolves them of sin. That instantly reminded me of Proverbs 20:30-- the whole cleansing away of evil through suffering thing. It's the same sort of mentality.

Understandable. But still, say ten Hail Marys and an act of contrition for good measure.

MrsSmith
06-22-2011, 12:25 AM

Proverbs 22:10 :D

Novaheart
06-22-2011, 10:25 AM

Thomas 5

The Night Owl
06-22-2011, 10:43 AM

Right back at you with Proverbs 18:21.

:D

Odysseus
06-22-2011, 10:44 AM

Thomas 5

Yankees 42:29
That puts them one game behind Boston. :D

The Night Owl
06-22-2011, 10:44 AM
We should try to have a coherent conversation using only scripture.

Odysseus
06-22-2011, 10:49 AM
We should try to have a coherent conversation using only scripture.

When you can have a coherent conversation without it, you can step up.

Novaheart
06-22-2011, 11:11 AM
Yankees 42:29
That puts them one game behind Boston. :D

Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. - Thomas the apostle

What is hidden is what is present, a withhold makes being present impossible. - Werner Erhard

Odysseus
06-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Jesus said, "Know what is in front of your face, and what is hidden from you will be disclosed to you. - Thomas the apostle

What is hidden is what is present, a withhold makes being present impossible. - Werner Erhard

Okay...

MrsSmith
06-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Thomas 5

Proverbs 18:7

MrsSmith
06-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Right back at you with Proverbs 18:21.

Proverbs 18:12 :D

Odysseus
06-23-2011, 11:04 AM
Proverbs 18:12 :D

54:40 or fight! :D

megimoo
06-23-2011, 11:41 AM
54:40 or fight! :DProverb ping pong ?

fettpett
06-23-2011, 11:42 AM
54:40 or fight! :D

HAHAHAA

Novaheart
06-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Darn! I couldn't find on Youtube the clip where Bernice wipes the floor with Charlene's minister in a chapter and verse quoting contest.

Novaheart
06-23-2011, 11:58 AM
"22) The Savior said, All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots." - Gospel of Mary Magdalene

Sounds like Jesus really did hang out with those Buddhist missionaries. Doesn't it?

Odysseus
06-23-2011, 12:00 PM
Proverb ping pong ?
History. It was the slogan of the Americans who wanted to resolve the Oregon boundary dispute by setting the US-Canada border at parallel 54°40′ north.

HAHAHAA

Apache
06-23-2011, 12:24 PM
"22) The Savior said, All nature, all formations, all creatures exist in and with one another, and they will be resolved again into their own roots." - Gospel of Mary Magdalene

Sounds like Jesus really did hang out with those Buddhist missionaries. Doesn't it?

Sounds like one of those "found" bible books...:rolleyes:

Apache
06-23-2011, 12:25 PM
History. It was the slogan of the Americans who wanted to resolve the Oregon boundary dispute by setting the US-Canada border at parallel 54°40′ north.

Shoulda known :rolleyes::p

megimoo
06-23-2011, 01:16 PM

I'm Well aware of the origin of 54-40 or fight . I had that drilled into my little head in grammar school by the nuns .

Novaheart
06-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Sounds like one of those "found" bible books...:rolleyes:

You mean as opposed to the ones carved in stone by God's hand?

Apache
06-23-2011, 02:18 PM

This statement here, shows you know NOTHING about the Bible...:rolleyes:

Odysseus
06-23-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm Well aware of the origin of 54-40 or fight . I had that drilled into my little head in grammar school by the nuns .

Sorry, not everyone is. I'm sure that TNO was scratching his head over it.

MrsSmith
06-23-2011, 11:46 PM

Pro 14:16 A wise man is cautious and turns away from evil, But a fool is arrogant and careless.

Odysseus
06-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Pro 14:16 A wise man is cautious and turns away from evil, But a fool is arrogant and careless.

Does that one have an illustration of TNO with it in the original King James version? :D

Novaheart
06-24-2011, 12:06 PM

Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

MrsSmith
06-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are that poverty."

Jesus said, ""Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves."

So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."