PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Top Talent Jumping Ship

Apocalypse
06-21-2011, 09:06 PM
With the announcement last week that long time MSNBC star Norah O’Donnell is jumping ship to CBS, many insiders are now asking what is going on over at the Peacock network? On air talent jumping between networks is nothing new but the sheer number of recent defectors both on air and off from NBC News and CNBC has to make you wonder whether there is something bigger at play here.

In the past six months a number of high-profile personalities and producers, in addition to O’Donnell, have left NBC, including: CNBC/NBC News star Erin Burnett left for CNN, Meredith Vieira apparently retired from her role as cohost at TODAY but is staying within the NBC family), CNBC anchor Trish Regan appears to have quit to take another gig and is currently sitting out a mandatory contractual period, MSNBC Morning Joe Executive Producer Chris Licht left for CBS, NBC’s respected Washington Bureau Chief Mark Whitaker bid farewell for a high level CNN gig, (and our own Mediaite founder Dan Abrams left NBC/MSNBC for ABC News.) Throw in whatever happened with Keith Olbermann and at the very least you have a suspicious trend. No question, the days of loyalty to one network are long gone.

http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A2KJ3CaKPwFOkC4ALGjQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTEza2praXA 1BHBvcwM1BHNlYwNzcgRjb2xvA2FjNAR2dGlkA1VTTkMzOV8y/SIG=13laj2chf/EXP=1308733450/**http%3a//www.mediaite.com/tv/the-nbc-newscnbc-exodus-why-is-so-much-top-talent-leaving-the-network/

Looks like things in the Official News (sic) Network of the DNC is falling apart.

fettpett
06-21-2011, 09:23 PM
apparently they don't like Comcrap. as much as i hate them, hopefully they will pull ALL NBC's networks out of their asses (especially "SyFy")

Odysseus
06-22-2011, 10:56 AM
MSNBC has talent? :confused:

linda22003
06-22-2011, 11:27 AM

Not fair. I was in a meeting; that's the only reason you beat me to it. :mad:

txradioguy
06-22-2011, 01:03 PM

I was as shocked as you were to see MSNBC and "talent" in the same sentence.