PDA

View Full Version : Fried Kool-Aid: Genius invention or sign of the apocalypse?

bijou
06-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Here in Texas we have a high tolerance for fried food. At the Houston Rodeo and the State Fair in Dallas, there are fried oreos, fried butter, fried frito pie and even fried beer. We've pretty much taken any food or beverage worth consuming and improved on it with a deep fryer.

And yet something about the deep fried Kool-Aid at the San Diego County Fair really turns my stomach.

The fried Kool-Aid balls are the brainchild of Charlie Boghosian, who sold about 9,000 balls in the first weekend of the fair before becoming an internet sensation. ...http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/06-21-11-fried-kool-aid-genius-invention-sign-apocalypse/

jendf
06-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Whenever I read about the latest fried fair food, I think of Homer Simpson frying his shirt and then eating it. It's going to happen for real someday.

JB
06-22-2011, 09:46 PM
But there's something really unsettling about a food that consists of taking a chemically flavored powder and adding more and more unhealthy layers around it.No there isn't you filthy commie. :D

Call me when someone makes fried olive oil.

NJCardFan
06-23-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm still trying to figure out fried butter. Oh, and fried candy bars are a gift from God.

Rebel Yell
06-23-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm still trying to figure out fried butter. Oh, and fried candy bars are a gift from God.

Fried Oreos are the bomb!!!!!!!

jendf
06-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Fried Oreos are the bomb!!!!!!!

That's the only fried fair food I've ever tried. I filled my fried food quota for a lifetime after that.