PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Airlines Pilot: F***ing 'Gays, Grannies and Grandes' in Chicago

megimoo
06-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Southwest Airlines was once well known for hiring only female flight attendants and dressing them in hot pants. At least one of its pilots apparently dislikes that it's not like that anymore.

"Eleven f***ing over-the-top f***ing a** f***ing homosexuals and a granny. Eleven! I mean, think of the odds of that," the unidentified pilot said during a March flight.

He was talking to his co-pilot after take off from Houston about his attempts at having a nightlife with Southwest Airlines crew members laying over in Chicago, a city he called "party land."......The pilot labeled his Chicago-based flight crew as a "continuous stream of gays and grannies and grandes."

What the pilot didn't apparently know what that everything he was saying was being transmitted over an open microphone on the air traffic control frequency. Controllers and pilots heard it all and tried several times to curb the dialogue.

"OK, someone has a stuck mic and telling us about all their endeavors and we don't need to hear that," a controller is heard saying.......The airline suspended the pilot without pay, forced him to take sensitivity training and the put him back in the cockpit.

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/southwest-airlines-pilot-rant-124402094.html?dr

fettpett
06-23-2011, 03:04 PM
they were talking about this on WLS on Roe and Roper, they are allowed to talk after the plane reaches 10,000 ft, apparently this guy didn't wait that long....moron...

Odysseus
06-23-2011, 04:25 PM
That man will never get a hot cup of coffee again, unless it's in his lap.

noonwitch
06-24-2011, 12:57 PM
When I first heard this on the news, I thought that he meant spanish-speaking people when he said "Grandes", and wondered what was so offensive about the term. "Grande", "grand".

It was the second time I caught the story that someone said he meant overweight people by the term.

Novaheart
06-24-2011, 01:05 PM
Clearly this pilot and Officer Mario Masic (Rochester jackass) need to find new occupations.

Madisonian
06-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Look. If the pilot did his job and the plane didn't crash, what else really matters.

When I have to fly, I want the best pilots, not necessarily the most politically correct. Maybe that's just me?

Odysseus
06-24-2011, 08:07 PM
Look. If the pilot did his job and the plane didn't crash, what else really matters.

When I have to fly, I want the best pilots, not necessarily the most politically correct. Maybe that's just me?

As I said, his cabin crew is probably going to dump a few cups of scalding coffee in his lap, but otherwise, he's broken no laws that I know of.

Novaheart
06-24-2011, 11:35 PM

This isn't a case of PC police coming down on someone for saying something out of sync with the times. This is a case of gross disrespect for his fellow employees and bringing shame on his airline. Employees with much higher positions have been fired for less.

Rockntractor
06-24-2011, 11:40 PM
This isn't a case of PC police coming down on someone for saying something out of sync with the times. This is a case of gross disrespect for his fellow employees and bringing shame on his airline. Employees with much higher positions have been fired for less.

I think you're making more out of it than is there.

lacarnut
06-25-2011, 12:12 AM

Same here. Plus, he did not say anything that these perverted queers do not say among themselves. If he had inserted Christians rather than gays, it would have been blown off.

Madisonian
06-25-2011, 10:53 AM

Unfortunately in today's world, that describes over half the current work force.
Hell, they would practically have to disband the NBA and the NFL would lose half its players if this concept were universally enforced in the sports world.

Novaheart
06-25-2011, 01:05 PM
Unfortunately in today's world, that describes over half the current work force.
Hell, they would practically have to disband the NBA and the NFL would lose half its players if this concept were universally enforced in the sports world.

Sports and entertainment do seem to have different rules, but honestly so do most bars and restaurants. I could say and do things in a restaurant that I wouldn't have dreamed of saying or doing at Megabank.... but then in the restaurant business there is a kind of attitude that each person is simply playing a game to see if he quits or gets fired first. There is another show down the road is the philosophy of old timers because they are used to dealing with major jackasses with a little power.

I honestly can't think of a job that pays what a pilot makes where making those comments over a public address system wouldn't get you fired.

Madisonian
06-25-2011, 04:41 PM
I think in this case because it was over a closed system (cockpit and the flight tower) there may be some wiggle room and in essence what was a private conversation between 2 co-workers was overheard. The co-pilot, whom I would be sure the pilot knows, probably shares a same general attitude for the guy to say something like that to him in the first place.

Most everyone does similar stuff every day. Somehow calling a Vietnamese pain in the ass co-worker that I refer to as Ho Chi Mihn (and not in the nice way) to a few trusted others would get me canned in a heartbeat if heard by the wrong people.

lacarnut
06-25-2011, 05:09 PM
I honestly can't think of a job that pays what a pilot makes where making those comments over a public address system wouldn't get you fired.

I notice you did not respond to my post #10 which I stated that if the pilot had repeated the exact same language using Christians instead of Gays not a damn thing would have been done. No suspension, no loss of pay, no sensitivity training, nada. I guess you are too chicken shit to respond.

Madisonian
06-25-2011, 05:16 PM
I notice you did not respond to my post #10 which I stated that if the pilot had repeated the exact same language using Christians instead of Gays not a damn thing would have been done. No suspension, no loss of pay, no sensitivity training, nada. I guess you are too chicken shit to respond.

Maybe he thought that since you were replying to me that you weren't looking for a response from him?
And possibly further confused that the quote you used in your post was an excerpt to a reply from him to me based on my reply to him.

Confused the shit out of me anyway, but then again, that doesn't take much.:confused:

Novaheart
06-25-2011, 11:39 PM

That's because I have grown tired of people arguing in the hypothetical. We have enough to discuss without wasting our time on imaginary scenarios. We can talk about that when it happens.