PDA

View Full Version : Rochester Police State: Woman Arrested on Her Lawn For Videotaping Traffic Stop

megimoo
06-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Rochester's Mayor says he is confident an internal investigation into a Rochester woman's arrest will be completed fairly and fully.

Mayor Tom Richards released a statement Wednesday afternoon, which says he has seen the video of Emily Good's arrest last month. Good was arrested while she was videotaping police conducting a traffic stop in front of her home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7ZkFZkejv8&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ti10prLXlo&feature=related

http://www.fingerlakesdailynews.com/news/details.cfm?clientid=16&id=2066

Comment

Grant Montgomery Birmingham, Alabama
If you don't feel safe because of a woman in pajamas with a cell phone, maybe you should look into another line of work. Nazi just doesn't suit you. Perhaps making balloon animals for children would provide the sense of security or superiority you are looking for.
Seriously its things like this the supreme court need to make a ruling on or the congress needs to legislate one way or another. There is no reason why this lady should have been arrested. I hope she sues to get some litegation going.
What bullshit.....
What are the officers names.

Apache
06-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Amazing! ...and only two and a half years into his presidency....

Calypso Jones
06-23-2011, 06:06 PM
A traffic stop. What's so interesting about a conventional little traffic stop to a known radical protestor who has been hauled in at least a couple times for protesting. I'm sure i don't know.

Novaheart
06-23-2011, 09:58 PM
He should be prosecuted for trespassing and kidnapping. Both the officer and the the taxpayers of Rochester should be hit hard in the pocketbook so that he will understand what he did and they will demand that police departments educate their officers.

Novaheart
06-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Get this:

"Rochester Police Union President Mike Mazzeo has seen the video and points out that the officer in question repeatedly told Good he felt threatened by her presence. "I see an officer using great restraint, maintaining composure, acting professional, clearly giving very clear and concise orders to an individual who just simply didn't comply.
"

Articulate_Ape
06-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Change you better believe in.

Time is running out people. We have GOT to vote Liberals out of any position of power in the country or it's over.

megimoo
06-23-2011, 10:08 PM
A traffic stop. What's so interesting about a conventional little traffic stop to a known radical protestor who has been hauled in at least a couple times for protesting. I'm sure i don't know.

It's early in the morning and flashing blue lights light up your bedroom ceiling .You grab a video camera and rush down to your front door and record the cops arresting some critter....Where's the crime,what right have the cops to arrest a homeowner on her own property .What crime are they charging her with ?

THis whole thing stinks of standard police methods of creating their own definitions of the law.
Are we still in America or have we moved back in time into Hitlers Nazy germany of 1938 ?

Calypso Jones
06-24-2011, 09:47 AM
I dont' know. Sometimes i just suspect the left in something like this. I get the distinct impression that something is not being reported on. WHen i get that feeling i'm usually vindicated.

megimoo
06-24-2011, 09:51 AM
I dont' know. Sometimes i just suspect the left in something like this. I get the distinct impression that something is not being reported on. WHen i get that feeling i'm usually vindicated.
Most cops don't like being vdeo recorded so they invent little crimes to arrest you .The us against them mentality is standard operating procedure with most cops !

Novaheart
06-24-2011, 11:02 AM
Most cops don't like being vdeo recorded so they invent little crimes to arrest you .The us against them mentality is standard operating procedure with most cops !

I wouldn't say most, but in a country this size it happens with enough regularity to feed hostility to the police. The police, on the other hand claim that hostility on their part is to be expected.