PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Grace: Most Annoying Woman On Television

NJCardFan
06-23-2011, 08:07 PM
My wife likes watching HLN for the Casey Anthony trial updates but when it comes to Nancy Grace, ugh. I don't know who told her this was clever but she constantly, and by constantly I mean constantly, refers to Casey Anthony as "Tot Mom". Stupid doesn't describe it. What the hell is she trying to mean by this? Casey Anthony was a mother. OK. She had a young daughter, who she is accused of murdering. OK. Sometimes kids are called tots. OK. Tots generally have a mother somewhere. So by extension, a mom is a mom. Does putting 'tot' before mom make her more of a monster? Thankfully, we both hate her so we change the channel at 8pm.

megimoo
06-23-2011, 09:10 PM
My wife likes watching HLN for the Casey Anthony trial updates but when it comes to Nancy Grace, ugh. I don't know who told her this was clever but she constantly, and by constantly I mean constantly, refers to Casey Anthony as "Tot Mom". Stupid doesn't describe it. What the hell is she trying to mean by this? Casey Anthony was a mother. OK. She had a young daughter, who she is accused of murdering. OK. Sometimes kids are called tots. OK. Tots generally have a mother somewhere. So by extension, a mom is a mom. Does putting 'tot' before mom make her more of a monster? Thankfully, we both hate her so we change the channel at 8pm.

She's a nasty bitch and goes out of her way to snear at anyone who is accused of a child crime.

Here's a little more....

Grace was born in Macon, Georgia to a working-class family.She attended Valdosta State University, and later received a B.A. from Mercer University. As a student, Grace was a fan of Shakespearean literature, and intended to become an English professor after graduating from college. However, after the murder of her fiancé, Keith Griffin, when she was 19, Grace decided to enroll in law school and went on to become a felony prosecutor and a supporter of victims' rights.

Career as prosecutor

Grace worked for nearly a decade in the Atlanta-Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney's office as Special Prosecutor. Her work focused on felony cases involving serial murder, serial rape, serial child molestation, and arson.

Grace left the prosecutors' office after the District Attorney she had been working under decided not to run for reelection.

Prosecutorial misconduct

The Supreme Court of Georgia has twice commented on Grace's conduct as a prosecutor. First, in a 1994 heroin drug trafficking case, Bell v. State, the Court declared a mistrial, saying that Grace had "exceeded the wide latitude of closing argument" by drawing comparisons to unrelated murder and rape cases.

In 1997, the court was more severe, overturning the murder-arson conviction of businessman W. W. Carr in the death of his wife. While the court said its reversal was not due to these transgressions, since the case had turned primarily on circumstantial evidence, it nevertheless concluded "the conduct of the prosecuting attorney in this case demonstrated her disregard of the notions of due process and fairness, and was inexcusable."Carr was freed in 2004 when The Georgia Supreme Court ruled unanimously that Fulton County had waited too long to retry him.

Despite upholding the conviction she sought, a panel of the 11th Circuit Court of Appeals wrote in a 2005 opinion that Grace "played fast and loose" with her ethical duties and failed to "fulfill her responsibilities" as a prosecutor in the 1990 triple murder trial of Herbert Connell Stephens. The court agreed that it was "difficult to conclude that Grace did not knowingly use ... [apparently false] testimony" from a detective that there were no other suspects, despite the existence of outstanding arrest warrants for other men.

Bubba Dawg
06-23-2011, 09:20 PM
Never been a fan of hers.

megimoo
06-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Never been a fan of hers.

She has a way of alienating people with her PERPETUAL SNEER.

Articulate_Ape
06-23-2011, 10:18 PM
If Nancy Grace fell overboard, I would throw here a life preserver made of bloody meat.

noonwitch
06-24-2011, 10:07 AM
If Nancy Grace fell overboard, I would throw here a life preserver made of bloody meat.

LOL. I'm not a fan, either. Her eyes always look like they are about to pop out of her face. As unsympathetic I am toward Casey Anthony, I don't like it when the media tries and convicts people before trial.

Rebel Yell
06-24-2011, 10:19 AM
I never knew she was from Macon. Wow!!!! Now that I know this, i know she's familiar with the term "crazier than a rat hair". That's how I've always described her.