PDA

View Full Version : Geithner: Taxes on 'Small Business' Must Rise So Government Doesn't 'Shrink'...

megimoo
06-23-2011, 10:29 PM
(CNSNews.com) - Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner told the House Small Business Committee on Wednesday that the Obama administration believes taxes on small business must increase so the administration does not have to “shrink the overall size of government programs.”

The administration’s plan to raise the tax rate on small businesses is part of its plan to raise taxes on all Americans who make more than $250,000 per year—including businesses that file taxes the same way individuals and families do.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/geithner-taxes-small-business-must-rise

Apocalypse
06-23-2011, 11:08 PM
I did a search for another source then CNSNews as I don't really trust them, and they are the only ones reporting that, so I will be wary of this till another steps forward.

fettpett
06-24-2011, 01:19 AM
yeah...sure Timmy

megimoo
06-24-2011, 01:31 AM
I did a search for another source then CNSNews as I don't really trust them, and they are the only ones reporting that, so I will be wary of this till another steps forward.

I would imagine that if it were CNN or MSNBC reporting you would believe every word ?

Apocalypse
06-24-2011, 07:35 AM
I would imagine that if it were CNN or MSNBC reporting you would believe every word ?
There is Fox, Drudge, Malkin, and numerous conservative bloggers who could use other sources.

Just one that is not that well known and questionable is not reliable. It would be like relying on Capitol Hill Blue’s for news reports about G. Bush saying the “Constitution is just a GOD-damned piece of paper”. A news report that was later proven false and CHB was the only news company reporting it.

lacarnut
06-24-2011, 08:07 AM

This has been the plan of the Obama's tax plan all along to raise taxes on those that make over $250k whether you are a salaried employee or a small business owner. Note, many small business owners file taxes as LLC rather than as a Corp. This CNSNews article is not a new revelation. The article is poorly written, and Geithner is just a dunce by implying that taxpayers have to take a haircut so that government does not.

Apocalypse
06-24-2011, 08:44 AM
This has been the plan of the Obama's tax plan all along to raise taxes on those that make over $250k whether you are a salaried employee or a small business owner. Note, many small business owners file taxes as LLC rather than as a Corp. This CNSNews article is not a new revelation. The article is poorly written, and Geithner is just a dunce by implying that taxpayers have to take a haircut so that government does not.
Ageed, it is nothing new as they have said they want to raise taxes on those over $250k. But the article makes clear, Geithner stated on Wednesday that the Obama administration believes taxes on small business must increase so the administration does not have to “shrink the overall size of government programs.”

No other source can be found of geithner saying that, or even hinting at that on Wed. All searches I did returned Geithner talking about tax incentives for small business, nothing about preventing the shrinking of government.

So you see my desire for another source, and that we can't always trust every thing one paper says, just because it sounds like some thing he/they would say.

lacarnut
06-24-2011, 09:11 AM
No other source can be found of geithner saying that, or even hinting at that on Wed. All searches I did returned Geithner talking about tax incentives for small business, nothing about preventing the shrinking of government.

So you see my desire for another source, and that we can't always trust every thing one paper says, just because it sounds like some thing he/they would say.

I hear what you are saying but most Democrats including those in the Obama administration have stated that they considered you wealthy if you make over $250k. Then the liberal media jumps out of the bushes and exclaims that millionaires and billionaire need to pay more.