PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Lawmakers Approve Benefits Rollback for Public Workers

Apocalypse
06-24-2011, 12:01 AM
TRENTON — New Jersey lawmakers on Thursday approved a broad rollback of benefits for 750,000 government workers and retirees, the deepest cut in state and local costs in memory, in a major victory for Gov. Chris Christie and a once-unthinkable setback for the state’s powerful public employee unions.

The Assembly passed the bill 46 to 32, as Republicans and a few Democrats defied raucous protests by thousands of people whose chants, vowing electoral revenge, shook the State House. Leaders in the State Senate said their chamber, which had already passed a slightly different version of the bill, would approve the Assembly version on Monday. Mr. Christie, a Republican, was expected to sign the measure into law quickly. <-- Note the need to point out the party of Christie

The legislation will sharply increase what state and local workers must contribute for their health insurance and pensions, suspend cost-of-living increases to retirees’ pension checks, raise retirement ages and curb the unions’ contract bargaining rights. It will save local and state governments $132 billion over the next 30 years, by the administration’s estimate, and give the troubled benefit systems a sounder financial footing, mostly by shifting costs onto workers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/24/nyregion/nj-legislature-moves-to-cut-benefits-for-public-workers.html

The Dems control both houses here, so this is only possible due to them wanting to get off the blame of this mess they caused. The public unions are up in arms and are protesting this, as expected, and Dems in N.J. are expected to take a massive hit come '12 at the polls for betraying the Unions.

Articulate_Ape
06-24-2011, 12:08 AM
Mr. Christie, a Republican, was expected to sign the measure into law quickly. <-- Note the need to point out the party of Christie

Good. That way people will remember who the hell turned this state around. Hello, public employees, we pay you, welcome to a tiny taste of our world. Are you there to serve or be served? Snap out of it!

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 05:31 AM
This affects me and for my line of work, it sucks. I work around all kind of crap. They already did away with our SLI(State liability insurance) meaning if I get hurt on the job, I go on workman's comp instead of SLI. The difference was that on SLI I got my full salary and my benefits aren't affected. On workman's comp, I only get 75% of my salary and I would have to make my health insurance payments current or risk getting put on COBRA and would have to make up any pension payments missed when I eventually get back to work. Now before you all get that look on your face, remember what I do for a living. Getting hurt on the job for me doesn't necessarily involve slipping on a wet floor or falling out of a chair. It includes being assaulted by inmates. Since I've been working, there have been incidents where some of my fellow C.O.'s have been beaten to the point that it ended their careers(unless some of you consider getting cracked in the face with an iron no big deal) and in case you didn't know, getting medicaled(is that a word?), isn't exactly a short term process. I know of a lady sergeant who was beaten to the point that she ended up partially disabled and the state fought her tooth and nail for 2 years in order for her to receive a medical pension. And I won't bore you with the bevy of diseases that are in this prison. I'm not saying that things didn't need to be done in this state. What I am saying is that police and fire shouldn't be lumped in with everyone else and that's exactly what is happening.

That said, this state is a mess and it's been CWA and the Democrats that made it a mess. The protesters are talking about electoral revenge or whatever but I can guarantee you that they'll quickly forget who has controlled the assembly and the state senate since forever and who is in charge now.

Bailey
06-24-2011, 07:02 AM
This affects me and for my line of work, it sucks. I work around all kind of crap. They already did away with our SLI(State liability insurance) meaning if I get hurt on the job, I go on workman's comp instead of SLI. The difference was that on SLI I got my full salary and my benefits aren't affected. On workman's comp, I only get 75% of my salary and I would have to make my health insurance payments current or risk getting put on COBRA and would have to make up any pension payments missed when I eventually get back to work. Now before you all get that look on your face, remember what I do for a living. Getting hurt on the job for me doesn't necessarily involve slipping on a wet floor or falling out of a chair. It includes being assaulted by inmates. Since I've been working, there have been incidents where some of my fellow C.O.'s have been beaten to the point that it ended their careers(unless some of you consider getting cracked in the face with an iron no big deal) and in case you didn't know, getting medicaled(is that a word?), isn't exactly a short term process. I know of a lady sergeant who was beaten to the point that she ended up partially disabled and the state fought her tooth and nail for 2 years in order for her to receive a medical pension. And I won't bore you with the bevy of diseases that are in this prison. I'm not saying that things didn't need to be done in this state. What I am saying is that police and fire shouldn't be lumped in with everyone else and that's exactly what is happening.

That said, this state is a mess and it's been CWA and the Democrats that made it a mess. The protesters are talking about electoral revenge or whatever but I can guarantee you that they'll quickly forget who has controlled the assembly and the state senate since forever and who is in charge now.

I know a guy who worked as a CO in NJ for 10 years and got a full medical retirement just because he had bad knees AND he fought for his promotion to Lt and got it, this guy is only 4 years older then me and now he get a full pension and beni's while i have to work for the next 20 years. So I wont cry for Argentina ok. I have other stories of guys who phoned it in as CO's.

Its time to tighten the belt like the rest of us.

Articulate_Ape
06-24-2011, 09:58 AM

QFT

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 11:23 AM
I know a guy who worked as a CO in NJ for 10 years and got a full medical retirement just because he had bad knees AND he fought for his promotion to Lt and got it, this guy is only 4 years older then me and now he get a full pension and beni's while i have to work for the next 20 years. So I wont cry for Argentina ok. I have other stories of guys who phoned it in as CO's.

So if I get stuck in the neck by an inmate with a shank or shot while transporting an inmate to court it's "sucks to be me"? Thanks. However, on the above, blame the state, not the person. The state allowed this. I can give you countless stories about handing out SLI like it was Christmas candy. Instead of doing away with the program, how about being a little more selective with how you hand it out? But noooo, it's easier to cut us off at the knees.

Tell that to the guy who got his face smashed in with an iron.

Apocalypse
06-24-2011, 01:44 PM
NJ its not right to blame you.

You and the unions who rep you, did what they should do. Try and get the best deal you can for your self and in the case of the unions, its members.

The politicians there instead decided to use state tax coffers as a way to buy union votes, and get a nice political kickback for them selves. Screwing the tax payers they were suppose to be getting the best deal for them selves. They have made the situation worse, and now the public sector is getting the bad rap, and after having it extra sweet for so long are now not wanting to have to give up more then what they probable should to help pay back what they were given too much of to start with.

Bailey
06-24-2011, 01:53 PM
NJ its not right to blame you.

You and the unions who rep you, did what they should do. Try and get the best deal you can for your self and in the case of the unions, its members.

The politicians there instead decided to use state tax coffers as a way to buy union votes, and get a nice political kickback for them selves. Screwing the tax payers they were suppose to be getting the best deal for them selves. They have made the situation worse, and now the public sector is getting the bad rap, and after having it extra sweet for so long are now not wanting to have to give up more then what they probable should to help pay back what they were given too much of to start with.

Wait a minute, so I cant blame a union member whos union is sucking (sucked) the lifeblood out of the state? Sorry there is greed all up and down the line and I will blame them for it. When I dont get a paid sick day to save my life and I have to listen to their griping? My tax dollars goes into their pensions when I have to settle for a stinking 401k that will prolly get robbed repeatedly over the years by wallstreet FUCK THAT I will place the blame. OMG I could tell you stories of CO's milking the system for all its worth and THEN I HAVE listen to them gripe about it, again FUCK THAT.

I HAVE TO HEAR THE CRYING WHEN THEY HAVE TO GIVE BACK SOMETHING. AGAIN FUCK THAT

On edit: Ya if I get hurt on the job where I cant work any longer do I have a chance at 100% pension? LOL hell no or even a 75% one again hell no.

So sorry if i dont shed a bitter tear for you or your other down trodden civil servants.

hampshirebrit
06-24-2011, 03:34 PM
If I still lived in Jersey, I would definitely have voted for him.

I know he's said he won't go for it, but what the hell, I got this partly so I could watch the "who the f***" looks from some of the less-braindead brits before the light goes green and they become a little dot in my rear-view.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h281/hampshirebrit/f8660645.jpg

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Wait a minute, so I cant blame a union member whos union is sucking (sucked) the lifeblood out of the state? Sorry there is greed all up and down the line and I will blame them for it. When I dont get a paid sick day to save my life and I have to listen to their griping? My tax dollars goes into their pensions when I have to settle for a stinking 401k that will prolly get robbed repeatedly over the years by wallstreet FUCK THAT I will place the blame. OMG I could tell you stories of CO's milking the system for all its worth and THEN I HAVE listen to them gripe about it, again FUCK THAT.

I HAVE TO HEAR THE CRYING WHEN THEY HAVE TO GIVE BACK SOMETHING. AGAIN FUCK THAT

On edit: Ya if I get hurt on the job where I cant work any longer do I have a chance at 100% pension? LOL hell no or even a 75% one again hell no.

So sorry if i dont shed a bitter tear for you or your other down trodden civil servants.

Are you listening to a word I said? Where you work, do you face the possibility of getting assaulted each and every day? And have I milked the system? No and neither has the majority. Just because of a few assholes you're willing to throw the rest under the bus? The way you tell it, we're ALL milking the system. Was Officer Baker milking the system? Why don't we ask him. Oh, I forgot. He was killed when an inmate put a piece of metal through his heart. As for our pensions, do you even know what you're talking about? Did you know that Christine Whitman, a Republican, did to the pension system? And subsequent governors? They robbed it blind and haven't paid back a dime into it. Just in case you didn't know, we are in grave danger of our pension system going bankrupt because the state just couldn't stand to see that money sitting there doing nothing. Think of social security but on a smaller scale. That's what we're facing. You are acting like a complete asshole because of abject jealousy. Yes, jealousy. And you don't think we're taxpayers? We pay taxes too, genius. You act like all we do is sit around playing cards all day waiting for a paycheck. Then you don't have a clue. Like I said, a vast majority of CO's are hard working people but noooo, we're going to use a few assholes to judge the whole lot of us. Well, fuck you very much too.

hampshirebrit
06-24-2011, 04:04 PM
OK, I will say that I would definitely have preferred that all serving LEOs & first responders were given exemption from this round of cuts. I have some friends in both lines of work, and I have a very good idea of how stressful the work they do is.

There is a huge amount of waste in public services both in the US and here in the UK. Most of it, here, is at the top tiers of the agencies. A lot of it is unionised, a lot of it is, even after a year or so of more rational government, an outcome of political correctness, and a lot of it is just local government fat-cat self aggrandisement.

It's the usual story. The grunts doing the really useful work get fucked over and the fat cats feather their nests, at everyone's expense.

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 04:09 PM
Here's the deal. Talking with the rank and file at my prison, we've discussed that we're willing to take zero raise for the next 4 years and even an increase in what we pay for medical. We don't mind that. But talking about taking something back, how about the legislators give something of their back? Or cut some of these political appointee jobs? Or cut a few administrators? We have 5 administrators at our jail: An Administrator, her assistant, and 3 facility superintendents. All make over $100K a year. Does each facility need a superintendent? Complete with secretary? And I'm not sure this is unique to my jail. But you don't hear that. You hear of cutting our stuff.

hampshirebrit
06-24-2011, 04:13 PM
Here's the deal. Talking with the rank and file at my prison, we've discussed that we're willing to take zero raise for the next 4 years and even an increase in what we pay for medical. We don't mind that. But talking about taking something back, how about the legislators give something of their back? Or cut some of these political appointee jobs? Or cut a few administrators? We have 5 administrators at our jail: An Administrator, her assistant, and 3 facility superintendents. All make over $100K a year. Does each facility need a superintendent? Complete with secretary? And I'm not sure this is unique to my jail. But you don't hear that. You hear of cutting our stuff.

Totally agree with you.

The NJ Teachers Union should have had the same stance as you guys. They wouldn't even yield 1.5pc medical contributions.

That's exactly the sort of shit that gets NJ unions a bad name. And you know what, mostly it's the unions, not the rank and file members of the unions, who are to blame.

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 04:19 PM
Totally agree with you.

The NJ Teachers Union should have had the same stance as you guys. They wouldn't even yield 1.5pc medical contributions.

That's exactly the sort of shit that gets NJ unions a bad name. And you know what, mostly it's the unions, not the rank and file members of the unions, who are to blame.
Therein lies the rub. NJDOC has to make cuts but the teachers do not. And guess what? Neither does the State Police. We are a political pawn nothing more. Oh, and we've made cuts. We've had positions cut to the point where our response has been cut. Lord help us if something kicks off...as it did last September. One more thing, it's already been established that our local union leadership has their own interests in mind. There has been a huge pissing contest going on.

Bailey
06-24-2011, 04:36 PM
Are you listening to a word I said? Where you work, do you face the possibility of getting assaulted each and every day? And have I milked the system? No and neither has the majority. Just because of a few assholes you're willing to throw the rest under the bus? The way you tell it, we're ALL milking the system. Was Officer Baker milking the system? Why don't we ask him. Oh, I forgot. He was killed when an inmate put a piece of metal through his heart. As for our pensions, do you even know what you're talking about? Did you know that Christine Whitman, a Republican, did to the pension system? And subsequent governors? They robbed it blind and haven't paid back a dime into it. Just in case you didn't know, we are in grave danger of our pension system going bankrupt because the state just couldn't stand to see that money sitting there doing nothing. Think of social security but on a smaller scale. That's what we're facing. You are acting like a complete asshole because of abject jealousy. Yes, jealousy. And you don't think we're taxpayers? We pay taxes too, genius. You act like all we do is sit around playing cards all day waiting for a paycheck. Then you don't have a clue. Like I said, a vast majority of CO's are hard working people but noooo, we're going to use a few assholes to judge the whole lot of us. Well, fuck you very much too.

No FUCK FACE I dont give a shit what you make but when I have to listen to assholes like you bitch and moan when you have to give back ANYTHING, SO go fuck yourself douche bag. I PAY your salary so I get to bitch about it and you dont have a right to complain about it. I work my ass off in a demanding job with little benefits and I need to hear you crying about losing some of those you have? You should thank me and go on your way. I want you to ask yourself who is going to have to pay back all that money to your stinking pension? ME (the taxpayer)I will have to pay in it again.

I have had it up to here with listening to all the civil servants in this state bitch about having to go without a raise for a year or might have to pay a little into their health beni's. I wouldnt paint everyone with a broad brush but it seems like every CO I know of or heard of is milking the systems so I am sure its not a few people here and there.

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 05:08 PM
No FUCK FACE I dont give a shit what you make but when I have to listen to assholes like you bitch and moan when you have to give back ANYTHING, SO go fuck yourself douche bag. I PAY your salary so I get to bitch about it and you dont have a right to complain about it. I work my ass off in a demanding job with little benefits and I need to hear you crying about losing some of those you have? You should thank me and go on your way. I want you to ask yourself who is going to have to pay back all that money to your stinking pension? ME (the taxpayer)I will have to pay in it again.

I have had it up to here with listening to all the civil servants in this state bitch about having to go without a raise for a year or might have to pay a little into their health beni's. I wouldnt paint everyone with a broad brush but it seems like every CO I know of or heard of is milking the systems so I am sure its not a few people here and there.

Nice name calling. Do the words grow up mean anything to you? You do know that the sign of a losing argument is when you resort to name calling and profanity. Let alone a lack of intelligence. Too bad for you I guess. Oh, and I pay taxes too. More than likely more than you. But I'm glad you feel this way. And do you know how much we pay into our own pension system? Do you know what we get if we receive full retirement benefits? Something tells me no. Oh, and I DO have the right to complain. See, we have free speech in this country and being a civil servant doesn't preclude us from those rights. So, again, grow up.

Bailey
06-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Nice name calling. Do the words grow up mean anything to you? You do know that the sign of a losing argument is when you resort to name calling and profanity. Let alone a lack of intelligence. Too bad for you I guess. Oh, and I pay taxes too. More than likely more than you.

No its more of a sigh of anger to tell the truth but I could care less what someone who draws a check from the state cares about. toodles.

Dont you have an inmate to beat on?

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 05:51 PM
No its more of a sigh of anger to tell the truth but I could care less what someone who draws a check from the state cares about. toodles.

And there we have it. You know, I bet if I was military, this wouldn't be tolerated. Because that comment was uncalled for. I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation on something and it devolves into this. Nice. Thanks mods.

Rockntractor
06-24-2011, 06:00 PM
And there we have it. You know, I bet if I was military, this wouldn't be tolerated. Because that comment was uncalled for. I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation on something and it devolves into this. Nice. Thanks mods.

We aren't here to baby sit your ass, if you don't like what he fucking said call him out in the dome.
We step in you fucking whine, we don't step in you fucking whine. grow some gawdam balls!

txradioguy
06-24-2011, 06:26 PM

I draw a federal paycheck. You feel the same way about us Federal employees?

THAT...was uncalled for.

Hawkgirl
06-24-2011, 06:35 PM
NJ, are you a correctional officer?

Before I comment.....

hampshirebrit
06-24-2011, 06:37 PM

THAT...was uncalled for.

It was fucking uncalled for, you are right.

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 06:37 PM
NJ, are you a correctional officer?

Before I comment.....
Yes. I thought that was common knowledge here.

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 06:38 PM
We aren't here to baby sit your ass, if you don't like what he fucking said call him out in the dome.
We step in you fucking whine, we don't step in you fucking whine. grow some gawdam balls!

Thanks for clarifying and proving my point. And nice attitude from a mod. You gonna ban me now? And please point out in the 8,263 posts of mine have I "whined" about mods stepping in. I'll wait. As for not liking what he said, I've seen members banned for saying something equal so you either moderate objectively or you don't moderate.

Rockntractor
06-24-2011, 06:42 PM
Thanks for clarifying and proving my point. And nice attitude from a mod. You gonna ban me now?

Do what you should, take him to the fucking dome, he insulted you, get satisfaction.
Do you think me jumping in will make it better?

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Do what you should, take him to the fucking dome, he insulted you, get satisfaction.
Do you think me jumping in will make it better?

I'll remember that the next time someone makes a comment against the military here. End of conversation here.

Hawkgirl
06-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Yes. I thought that was common knowledge here.

It probably is, but I wasn't sure

Anyway...I personally know 2 correctional officers. My brother's wife's father, Nick, worked at Rikers for 20 years before he retired on disability after 3 cardiac bypasses. The job hardened him well. He is the most negative, pessamistic person I know. I don't know what he's dealt with, but it wasn't good. The job took a lot from him, including time with his family. When he was home, no one wanted to deal with him because he was in a bad mood all the time. He made a good living....but it was cleary a tough, unrewarding, thankless job.

My cousin became a correctional officer in Rockland county about 4-5 years ago. I saw him at a wedding last October, he looks like he's aged 10 years. Looks emotionally beat up. and Nick says his jail is like Disney compared to Riker's. He's unhappy at his job, but it pays the bills. He calls his prisoners "the animals"..he doesnt' talk about his job, but it is obviously tough. Dealing with the country's garbage can't be an easy living.

So, you have my respect . Bailey, your comments were ridiculous and ignorant.
As for the topic at hand...They need to differentiate legitimate claims from those who are playing the system. Hard to control, but removing the benefit altogether wasn't the right thing to do.

hampshirebrit
06-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Let's simmer the fuck down, folks.

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 06:55 PM
Back on point, I'm quoting my own post and pointing out that there are a good lot of us willing to not take a raise for the next 4 years(duration of a contract). We also don't see an issue with being a little more strict with SLI, however, to blame those who abused the system is madness. The state were the one's doling out that benefit for slipping in the ODR not to mention all the claims in other areas of the state, the governor did a blanket cut. When questioned, he admitted he didn't know what this covered when it came to us. But thanks to that decision, getting shanked or beaten to a pulp is now treated the same as falling off of a ladder. We asked for an LOE waiver and they declined. Those who see no problem with this have no idea of the repercussions, namely, response to a code. I hope to God no one is killed or seriously wounded because of the mindset that if they are injured enough to be out of work, they couldn't afford the loss of pay.

Now, for me, I have additional insurance for such an emergency. But there are other issues. The public only sees what the state wants it to see.

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 07:02 PM
It probably is, but I wasn't sure

Anyway...I personally know 2 correctional officers. My brother's wife's father, Nick, worked at Rikers for 20 years before he retired on disability after 3 cardiac bypasses. The job hardened him well. He is the most negative, pessamistic person I know. I don't know what he's dealt with, but it wasn't good. The job took a lot from him, including time with his family. When he was home, no one wanted to deal with him because he was in a bad mood all the time. He made a good living....but it was cleary a tough, unrewarding, thankless job.

My cousin became a correctional officer in Rockland county about 4-5 years ago. I saw him at a wedding last October, he looks like he's aged 10 years. Looks emotionally beat up. and Nick says his jail is like Disney compared to Riker's. He's unhappy at his job, but it pays the bills. He calls his prisoners "the animals"..he doesnt' talk about his job, but it is obviously tough. Dealing with the country's garbage can't be an easy living.

So, you have my respect . Bailey, your comments were ridiculous and ignorant.
As for the topic at hand...They need to differentiate legitimate claims from those who are playing the system. Hard to control, but removing the benefit altogether wasn't the right thing to do.
Thank you. At least you have a clue. Not many know that we have the highest suicide rate in the country. We had one at my jail 2 years ago. And we've had our share of murders. My wife is begging me to find another job but at 46, easier said than done. I make a good living now and walking away is very, very hard. However, I do not see myself living to see retirement. It's bad enough I have to watch my front but I also have to watch my back against management. I work a certain way. I'm not a head breaker but I'm not soft either. I do my job. I'm not perfect which is a shame because not being perfect almost cost me my job. Pure BS that I won't get into now but just believe me when I tell you that what had happened did not warrant the time off I got let alone a dismissal but the state was looking for blood to dump salaries.

And speaking of Rikers, your brother's FIL then knows our commissioner. Also, I understand that something needs to be done but as usual, the wrong stuff gets cut. How about cutting some inmate programs? No, we're the ones getting cut.

Apocalypse
06-24-2011, 07:10 PM
Wait a minute, so I cant blame a union member whos union is sucking (sucked) the lifeblood out of the state? Sorry there is greed all up and down the line and I will blame them for it. Let me ask you. Where you work, do you try and make the most money and get the most benefits there? If you do, then you are doing the same as they are, and as such then you are as you put it, sucking the life blood out of the company you work for.

http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/06.04.25.GasFumes-X.gif

When I dont get a paid sick day to save my life and I have to listen to their griping? My tax dollars goes into their pensions when I have to settle for a stinking 401k that will prolly get robbed repeatedly over the years by wallstreet FUCK THAT I will place the blame. OMG I could tell you stories of CO's milking the system for all its worth and THEN I HAVE listen to them gripe about it, again FUCK THAT.Then you have an option, take what they pay you, or find some thing better and tell them where to stick it. The unions didn't give them selves those prem. bennies, the Elected officials did, to garner their votes and kickbacks in the form of campaign contributions.

I work retail, 44 hours a week min. Its hard work at times, but you know what, the benefits are really good. If my boss should decide tomorrow to double my pay, and to dramatically improve my benefits beyond norm, and as a result the company suffers, is it my fault the company fails?

No.

It is the fault of my boss who didn't do his job in managing pay and benefits.

I can't fault the union worker for wanting the most they can get, as I try to get the most my self. But I can fault those who blatantly give them more then they should

I HAVE TO HEAR THE CRYING WHEN THEY HAVE TO GIVE BACK SOMETHING. AGAIN FUCK THATIf your boss came up to you and said that the company was hurting, and as a result, you had to give back 25% of your pay, would you cry foul?

Of course you would.

No **** FACE I dont give a **** what you make but when I have to listen to ******** like you ***** and moan when you have to give back ANYTHING, SO go **** yourself douche bag. I PAY your salary so I get to ***** about it and you dont have a right to complain about it. I work my *** off in a demanding job with little benefits and I need to hear you crying about losing some of those you have? You should thank me and go on your way. I want you to ask yourself who is going to have to pay back all that money to your stinking pension? ME (the taxpayer)I will have to pay in it again.

I have had it up to here with listening to all the civil servants in this state ***** about having to go without a raise for a year or might have to pay a little into their health beni's. I wouldnt paint everyone with a broad brush but it seems like every CO I know of or heard of is milking the systems so I am sure its not a few people here and there.
Twinkle twinkle little star.

Have fun in the dome. With a post like that, I may just join in. And I'm not one known for the Dome.

Your post look like many over at the DUmp. Horrid spelling, full of profanity, and filled with nothing but hate.

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Twinkle twinkle little star.

Have fun in the dome. With a post like that, I may just join in. And I'm not one known for the Dome.

Your post look like many over at the DUmp. Horrid spelling, full of profanity, and filled with nothing but hate.

I don't bring childishness to the dome so if someone wants him there, they are free to. I tried being civil and explained our side of things but some people just don't want to listen to reason.

Articulate_Ape
06-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Rage always trumps reason.

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Rage always trumps reason.

And as a taxpayer, I understand. I voted for Christie. I knew what he was about but what people aren't hearing outside of the state is that he's a typical politician. He wants cuts? Then stop using a helicopter to go to his son's baseball game. Crap like that.

Apocalypse
06-24-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't bring childishness to the dome so if someone wants him there, they are free to. I tried being civil and explained our side of things but some people just don't want to listen to reason.
I have a feeling that if he tries and continue, without civility, it will just end up there.

NJCardFan
06-24-2011, 07:27 PM
I have a feeling that if he tries and continue, without civility, it will just end up there.

More power to him.

Rockntractor
06-24-2011, 07:29 PM
Juice boxes for everyone! I'm out of root beer.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/il_430xN61677647.jpg

lacarnut
06-24-2011, 07:57 PM
And as a taxpayer, I understand. I voted for Christie. I knew what he was about but what people aren't hearing outside of the state is that he's a typical politician. He wants cuts? Then stop using a helicopter to go to his son's baseball game. Crap like that.

I have yet to meet a politician that believes the cutting needs to start at the top and go down rather than the other way around. Just for the hell of it, I checked out the state of Louisiana's finances. In eleven months Jindal hired 3k extra state employees. I assume most were unclassified which resulted in 300 million in extra salaries while the state has a shortfall of 1 billion. So what does he do. He cuts education, hospitals and freezes classified employee salaries. However, those freezes do not apply to legislators or unclassified employees. Plus, there are thousands of these employees that make between $100k to a half a million dollars a year. All I can say is that shit rolls down hill.

Articulate_Ape
06-24-2011, 08:22 PM

I do think that stunts like that are not in keeping with his message. However, I have to say, my NJ friend, that it pales in comparison to the abuses "certain" public employee unions have inflicted upon this state. I empathize with your situation to a degree due to the truly dangerous nature of your job (like firefighters and police). But the biggest bitches in this fight are those in the teacher's unions who not only face less danger, but they fail most often.

If you worked outside of the state payroll, NJ, you would probably share the same frustration of those that might feel little pity for public servants (who the taxpayers employ) who receive substantially better compensation/benefit packages that they do by virtue of a union that can hold the politicians and public hostage.

At the end of the day, it's the fact that NJ, like most states and the country have no money. The Democrats spent it all.

I feel for you, man, and respect you, but that is the bottom line, helicopter rides or not. Welcome to the new normal the Liberals hoped we'd change to.

Hawkgirl
06-24-2011, 08:22 PM
How about cutting some inmate programs? No, we're the ones getting cut.

The libs would be pissed, they need their color tv, internet access, three square meals a day...and education credits.:rolleyes:

Bailey
06-24-2011, 09:06 PM

THAT...was uncalled for.

I am not going to get dragged into a discussion about all types of gov work. I am sorry I got pissed off at him but I am getting tired of teachers and police officers that have been asked to take a pay freeze and contune to bitch about it, while people who work in the private sector having to do with less.

Bailey
06-24-2011, 09:15 PM

I really dont care what you think so please sod off. Have a nice day. :)

Bailey
06-24-2011, 09:28 PM
I am sorry I lost my head and normally I dont care what people make but living in this state and hearing all the public employees bitch on and on about the cuts that they have to endure has just pushed me over the edge so again I am sorry about that.

Rockntractor
06-24-2011, 09:37 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/teddysholdinghands.jpg

Articulate_Ape
06-24-2011, 09:40 PM
This thread exemplifies the divide that is desired by those that would impose their Marxist model upon people, yet again. Grow government and its perks to a place where they are enviable. Say, "Hey work for the government and you win too". When we all work for the government, and we're on that path, whether literally as employees or literally through taxation, we are all going to be in parity. We are all going to be communists.

The "good" news is everyone is out of money.

Rockntractor
06-24-2011, 09:57 PM
A labor union should consist of one individual seeking his best arrangement.

txradioguy
06-25-2011, 03:41 AM
I am not going to get dragged into a discussion about all types of gov work. I am sorry I got pissed off at him but I am getting tired of teachers and police officers that have been asked to take a pay freeze and contune to bitch about it, while people who work in the private sector having to do with less.

Ok...just asking...

hampshirebrit
06-25-2011, 03:53 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/teddysholdinghands.jpg

:D:D:D

Odysseus
06-25-2011, 10:59 AM

Unfortunately, you're in the same boat the the armed forces are in. Most of the federal government is bloated, inefficient and overpaid, and people have gotten tired of subsidizing that, but whenever cuts are discussed, libs insist on including the uniformed services. I think that there's a huge difference between the E5 who is dodging IEDs in Iraq and the GS-9 who is sucking down lattes at his desk in the Bureau of Fisheries and Hatcheries, just as there is a huge difference between a PO who works with the scum of the Earth and a school administrator who gets three months out of the year off, works 9-3 during the week and never has to do overtime, but we're all in the cross-hairs of the budget hawks.