PDA

View Full Version : Saudi embassy on Delta rumors: American Jews are always welcome!

megimoo
06-24-2011, 07:52 PM
I’m overstating it a little. Even so, good news for Jewish readers:

If you haven’t made any vacation plans this summer, there’s an exciting new option on the table.

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia today issued the following statement regarding the false story being circulated on the Internet regarding implications of Saudi Arabian Airlines membership in the Delta Airlines SkyTeam Alliance: “Rumors being circulated via the Internet regarding passenger flight restrictions on Saudi Arabian Airlines are completely false.

The Government of Saudi Arabia does not deny visas to U.S. citizens based on their religion.” This has been their official policy...

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/06/24/saudi-embassy-on-delta-rumors-american-jews-are-always-welcome/

Odysseus
06-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Military personnel who have been offered assignments in Saudi are ordered to put "Non-Muslim" on their visa applications, rather than Christian or Jewish, under religion (and yes, the Saudis ask). I had a bud who refused to put down anything but Christian and he was told that he couldn't do that if he wanted the tour.

marv
06-25-2011, 09:41 AM
I've had my lifetime fill of commercial flying, so I don't fly anymore. But I wonder what they would do if I did choose to fly to Saudi Arabia, and correctly listed atheist?

Hmmm, could be some interesting conversation on the way to my stoning........

Odysseus
06-25-2011, 11:01 AM
I've had my lifetime fill of commercial flying, so I don't fly anymore. But I wonder what they would do if I did choose to fly to Saudi Arabia, and correctly listed atheist?

Hmmm, could be some interesting conversation on the way to my stoning........

Don't be melodramatic. They wouldn't stone you for atheism. They'd behead you. :rolleyes: