PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to ConservativeUnderground!

SarasotaRepub
06-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Welcome to CU! Put up a thread and tell all of us a little about yourself!!! :smile-new:

If you receive an error message when you try and join that you are a Spammer please understand we use a program that screens out known Spammers. You may be on that list and I can't control that. If you feel that you have been rejected in error, just use the CONTACT US link at the bottom right of all the pages. If I determine you're ok, I'll let you in!!!

saintandrew4life
12-31-2013, 12:50 PM
It is nice to be around people who belive as I do:star:

oldcoastie!
05-11-2014, 06:11 PM
USCG Veteran just came aboard! :Flag2:

I looked around, and I know franksolich from the Cave, which I left when I had a problem with some mods. Hi, Frank!! :friendly_wink:

thundley4
05-11-2014, 06:19 PM

I looked around, and I know franksolich from the Cave, which I left when I had a problem with some mods. Hi, Frank!! :friendly_wink:

Did you mean to use your email as your screen name? I think I recognize you.

oldcoastie!
05-11-2014, 06:24 PM
Did you mean to use your email as your screen name? I think I recognize you.

No I didn't, and I can't figure out how to change it.

And I know you too, thundley

SarasotaRepub
05-11-2014, 06:27 PM

I can change it for you, I sent you a PM. Just answer the PM with
what you want your name to be and I'll update it for you.

SR

SVPete
05-11-2014, 08:09 PM
Suggest editing the email address out of this post (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?41657-Welcome-to-ConservativeUnderground!&p=607478&viewfull=1#post607478).

thundley4
05-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Suggest editing the email address out of this post (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?41657-Welcome-to-ConservativeUnderground!&p=607478&viewfull=1#post607478).

I don't see it. :smile-new:

SVPete
05-11-2014, 08:42 PM
I don't see it. :smile-new:

See what? :Flag2:

thundley4
05-11-2014, 08:54 PM
See what? :Flag2:

Thanks for catching that, it didn't occur to me.

RedGrouse
05-11-2014, 10:24 PM

Hey Coastie. Good to see you here at CU.

oldcoastie!
05-12-2014, 07:17 AM
Hey Coastie. Good to see you here at CU.

Thank you! :Flag2: :smile-new:

njpines
05-12-2014, 07:22 AM
Hey you!!!! How are you? :adoration:

oldcoastie!
05-12-2014, 07:25 AM
Hey you!!!! How are you? :adoration:

Ya beat me to it! We're OK, but getting weary of trying to sell our home.

How are you doing? Great to see ya again!

franksolich
05-12-2014, 07:35 AM
:smile-new:

Hey pal, you've been missed.

Eupher
05-12-2014, 08:12 AM

Hiya Jeff! Good to see you around these parts! (Sorry to hear about the slow sale of your home. It looks like liberal policies are strangling your opportunity to escape.) :Flag2:

njpines
05-12-2014, 08:41 AM

Sorry to hear of the slow sale but great to see you again! :love_heart:

oldcoastie!
05-12-2014, 08:51 AM
Hey pal, you've been missed.

Thanks, Frank!

BadCat
05-13-2014, 04:28 PM

You know me too.

oldcoastie!
05-13-2014, 08:51 PM
Thanks, Frank!

I'm gonna have to try to put the names and old screen names with those on this site.

RobJohnson
05-28-2014, 05:29 AM

Great seeing you here!

It took my folks a while to sell their home in the United State of Illinois and that was a few years back. My dad just wanted to fire up the new diesel pusher RV and hit the road. He was finally able to sell the place and travel for five years before his sudden death. He was tired of paying property taxes and he liked the fact all he had to do to get the grass mowed was to move the car!

That damn RV cost more then the house sold for. :biggrin-new: Then my mom did not like the floor plan so the next one was even more! I don't think I could ever spend a quarter million on something with wheels and a motor. But it sure was fucking nice.

oldcoastie!
05-28-2014, 06:47 PM
Great seeing you here!

It took my folks a while to sell their home in the United State of Illinois and that was a few years back. My dad just wanted to fire up the new diesel pusher RV and hit the road. He was finally able to sell the place and travel for five years before his sudden death. He was tired of paying property taxes and he liked the fact all he had to do to get the grass mowed was to move the car!

That damn RV cost more then the house sold for. :biggrin-new: Then my mom did not like the floor plan so the next one was even more! I don't think I could ever spend a quarter million on something with wheels and a motor. But it sure was fucking nice.

We'd like an RV, but it's not really high on our list. Wheels and an engine, with the creature comforts is what I'd like to get used. Something like a Mini-Winnie or a van camper. It'd be much better than our A-frame camping trailer, although the A-frame can be set up and ready to inhabit within 1 minute. It has A/C, a heater, an AM/FM/CD/DVD radio, and our Honda Ridgeline tows it with no strain or pain. No toilet, though, but it has the optional storage compartment in front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l6WjBQ7XLA

SaintLouieWoman
05-28-2014, 07:15 PM

Have faith. My son in St Louis had been trying to sell his home for about 3 years. It's a beautiful house but has no basement, which is a must have to St louisans. It's contemporary in an area that prizes traditional. The housing market is much stronger there now, with little inventory. He got lucky and got multiple contracts---all from people moving from areas where basements aren't a must have item.

Not sure what part of the country you're in, but hopefully your luck will turn. We're starting to be contacted by realtors wanting us to sell our house as the inventory in Sarasota is low, too. Houses are selling very quickly here.

I guess it's all a matter of geography. Good luck and don't give up yet.

RobJohnson
05-28-2014, 07:22 PM
We'd like an RV, but it's not really high on our list. Wheels and an engine, with the creature comforts is what I'd like to get used. Something like a Mini-Winnie or a van camper. It'd be much better than our A-frame camping trailer, although the A-frame can be set up and ready to inhabit within 1 minute. It has A/C, a heater, an AM/FM/CD/DVD radio, and our Honda Ridgeline tows it with no strain or pain. No toilet, though, but it has the optional storage compartment in front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l6WjBQ7XLA

Forrest River makes good products. After my mom got rid of the RV she bought a Forrest River trailer that she kept in Illinois for when she would visit in the summer. Then it was her home for a while in Nevada until she was sure what she was going to do.

oldcoastie!
05-29-2014, 12:13 AM
Here is our home.

http://www.movoto.com/crete-il/24221-s-thorn-creek-ln-crete-il-60417-461_08371944/

SaintLouieWoman
05-29-2014, 08:25 AM
Amazing that it hasn't sold at that price. It's what they like in St Louis area---all brick, nice big lot, nice windows. The only problem that I can see is that with HGTV, young buyers think that they must have stainless, totally open floor plan, granite counters. Your house looks like it has a good flow and those windows are so nice. The lot is beautiful. I'm used to brick, but they sadly don't use much of it here.

When we sold the house in St Louis area (Ballwin) before moving here, we found a place that sold granite cheap. I had the room repainted in a greyish color and had a blackish grey granite countertop installed (it was about $19 a square foot). I had a mish mash that kids wouldn't have approved---white double built in wall oven (already there when I bought it), white frig which I had bought, black Jen Air stove top (already there), stainless dishwasher. Like you, I had mostly blinds, no curtains. It had tiny bedrooms and a partially finished basement. It was all frame, but I always preferred brick.

So, I had done what I could to appeal to a younger, HGTV loving crowd. So who bought it? An 85 year old couple who had moved to a condo and wanted a yard. Go figure. :biggrin-new:

You never know.

RobJohnson
05-29-2014, 03:53 PM
Here is our home.

http://www.movoto.com/crete-il/24221-s-thorn-creek-ln-crete-il-60417-461_08371944/
I love that house!!!! Great price!

Sent from my NSA encrypted device using Tapatalk 2