PDA

View Full Version : What do you make of the fact that TSA has grown more intrustive under the Obama Admin

SarasotaRepub
06-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Stinky tempting fate again??? (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1365458) :D

Stinky The Clown (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-26-11 08:30 AM
Original message What do you make of the fact that TSA has grown more intrustive under the Obama Administration? TSA was never good. It has gotten worse. It is making digital images of your junk. It is about to expand the sphere if its crotch sniffing to trains, and maybe even your own car.

Much of what we detest about the TSA has occurred under a Democratic administration.

What do you make of that?

This was a good one:

Edweird (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-26-11 08:44 AM
Response to Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1365458#1365458)

3. If the TSA fucks with me in my own car things will not end well. That's where I draw the line.
As far as rhis happening under a 'Dem' adninistration, I think you are using 'Dem' far too generously. You could call yourself the queen of England, but that doesn't make it so.

txradioguy
06-26-2011, 01:28 PM
One day the DUmmies will realize...too late...that their beloved masters aren't as freedom loving as they think they are.

Carol
06-26-2011, 02:27 PM
I was just going to bring this one over here.

Stinky finally asks a good question.

He gets all kinds of answers.

indepat (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-26-11 10:11 AM
Response to Reply #3
11. RW governance by any other name is still

RW governance. :patriot:

ProSense Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-26-11 09:50 AM
Response to Original message
6. The TSA

just unionized. Maybe the unions will improve the conditions.

Edweird (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-26-11 09:59 AM
Response to Reply #6
8. "Conditions" for whom? The citizens being sexually assaulted? Not likely.

ProSense Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-26-11 10:02 AM
Response to Reply #8
9. What?

First of all, the TSA has always been the same as it is now. It's simply being exposed now.

Secondly, unions will get flak if any union employee is charged with abusing their authority. This may very well result in more quality employees.

woo me with science Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-26-11 11:02 AM
Response to Reply #9
20. Bullshit.

TSA has a problem with its own policy. Don't dare try to pin this on an occasional rogue employee.

And it is definitely growing more intrusive. More and more airports are getting naked scanners, and we have an "enhanced patdown procedure" as of last November that sexually assaults citizens. Now the TSA is moving to trains, trolleys, and highways.

OF COURSE the TSA is getting more intrusive.

It has gotten worse, and President Obama not only defends this crap, he has JOKED about it publicly.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/26/obamas-tsa-patdow... /

sabrina 1 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-26-11 01:38 PM
Response to Reply #9
50. Wrong. Under this administration the TSA finally got permission

Edited on Sun Jun-26-11 01:40 PM by sabrina 1
to install Naked Scanners in airports around the country after six years of tyring under Bush. Those efforts were stalled by the 'left' through Civil Liberties organizations who successfully stopped them from being used here.

But to make them more palatable to the traveling public, people had the option to refuse to go through them, agreeing to a regular pat-down instead, wand etc.

This was a problem since Chertoff et al needed to sell more machines. So in the Fall of last year, the TSA introduced the new, abusive 'enhanced patdowns' in order to force people to choose the machines instead.

Nothing like this existed under Bush . The left made sure it didn't. When asked about these abuses, molestations of children and the disabled, women and men this President pointed out that his family would not have to submit them, he understood, but for the rest of us, they were necessary. Every American, from a new born baby to a 95 year-old is a suspect, now.

Fortunately the outrage which simply grows by the day, has resulted in 11 states considering legislation to ban them and to a Bill in Congress restricting their useas violations of the 4th Amendment.

This is a huge escalation of the violations of rights of the American people since the Bush era.

Hopefully the efforts to restore our rights will prevail considering all the lawsuits now filed and the bi-partisan efforst in many states and in Congress to do so.

Shame on this administration for allowing this to happen. And imho every leader in this country who claims that every citizen is suspect, should submit themsevles and their families to the same abuses. How do we know one of them won't get on a plane with a bomb hidden on their bodies? If that's the new standard, NO ONE should be exempt.

Leaders lead by example not by saying sorry but YOU and YOUR daughters have to submit to sexual molestation at the airport to kee pthis country safe, but not me or my daughters.

Dept of Beer (162 posts) C Sun Jun-26-11 11:19 AM
25. If President Obama has moved forward to make the TSA more

aggressive by expanding it into other areas of Americans lives then I guess we should only blame President Bush.

If Bush hadn't opened pandora's box then he wouldn't have given Obama the ability to double down.

So it is alright that President Obama is expanding the TSA's right to grope babies and sick grandmothers.
They are the first line in the ongoing war with Osama Bin Ladin's ghost.

underpants Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jun-26-11 11:43 AM
37. Eh the whole thing was Fox News creating a story from one viral youtube video

suddenly everyone got up in arms about the same thing they claimed as their trump card (security).

txradioguy
06-26-2011, 04:56 PM
Lots of denial of reality in that thread.

noonwitch
06-27-2011, 12:57 PM
I haven't been on a plane since 1984. I hate flying-I'm not afraid of heights, I just hate the pressure and the canned air feeling.

I'm planning on going to Jamaica at some point in 2012. I guess I'll have to take a plane to get there. A boat would take too long.