PDA

View Full Version : another vet can't show the colors

namvet
06-26-2011, 06:42 PM
here we go again

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/06/23/article-0-0CB3E17800000578-512_468x341.jpg

the lastest incident between a vet and his homo association who says they'll file legal action to have it taken down

A 77-year-old Army veteran is being threatened with legal action for flying the American flag in his front yard.
Fred Quigley, of Macedonia, Ohio, a retired Army chaplain and minister who served active duty during the Vietnam War, has been told his flag violates his homeowners association's rules on flagpoles.
As an alternative, the association offered to place the flag at the entrance of the development, but Mr Quigley refused.

story (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2007469/Vietnam-vet-fighting-right-fly-American-flag-outside-home.html)

drjOMf5V7K4

hmmm. what's that behind Linda baby ???

Articulate_Ape
06-26-2011, 10:53 PM
I hope this vet sues the homeowners' association (naming the board members personally) for $5 million each. When he owns their homes, he can throw them out. And he WILL own their homes.

linda22003
06-27-2011, 10:24 AM
Looks like the issue is with the freestanding pole, not the flag. There are flags shown flying in the development on poles attached to the houses. This stuff happens when you get involved with homeowner "associations" who want everything to look uniform. :rolleyes:

namvet
06-27-2011, 10:28 AM
run a flag of Islam up then go public to take it down and your up to your ass in ragheads

Bailey
06-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Looks like the issue is with the freestanding pole, not the flag. There are flags shown flying in the development on poles attached to the houses. This stuff happens when you get involved with homeowner "associations" who want everything to look uniform. :rolleyes:

As long as the pole isn't to out of proportion to the house I dont see the problem.

Gingersnap
06-27-2011, 11:17 AM
As long as the pole isn't to out of proportion to the house I dont see the problem.

The problem is that the guy bought into an HOA and he failed to read the rules on flagpole placement. I'm as patriotic as anybody but I would never buy into an HOA without researching this kind of thing. Some of them also have strict rules about placing religious art in visible areas. The HOA my BFF lives in has rules about what kind window coverings you can have!

Research this stuff before you buy in.

Odysseus
06-27-2011, 11:53 AM
If the HOA isn't made up of anti-American flag-haters, then they are power-junkies who are enforcing an idiotic rule in order to justify their own egomania. Either way, they're the kind of people that you don't want as neighbors.

Bailey
06-27-2011, 01:31 PM
The problem is that the guy bought into an HOA and he failed to read the rules on flagpole placement. I'm as patriotic as anybody but I would never buy into an HOA without researching this kind of thing. Some of them also have strict rules about placing religious art in visible areas. The HOA my BFF lives in has rules about what kind window coverings you can have!

Research this stuff before you buy in.

Of course you'd say that you commie :P :D

newshutr
07-01-2011, 12:23 AM
He can keep the flagpole and fly the colors..
(http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/196087/45/Macedonia-Vet-allowed-to-keep-flag-pole)