PDA

View Full Version : Dear Lord Take Me Now - The Hippies Are Dancing For Dollars.

Gingersnap
06-07-2008, 10:27 PM
As some may know, I live around the corner from a house full of geriatric hippies who periodically throw parties and fundraisers for their favored candidates. These events are among the most wince-worthy functions you will ever see. There's nothing quite as nauseating as seeing 5 or 6 muu-muu clad middle-aged women getting their groove on to "Smoke on the Water" while balding, pony-tailed men with beer guts watch rapturously.

Tonight they are raising money for the Dem convention and they have some kind of theme party. Sadly, it involves a "professional" DJ who is attempting to get them to actually dance. I mean with known steps, rhythm, and while touching each other.

Jesus wept.

Bubba Dawg
06-07-2008, 11:03 PM
As some may know, I live around the corner from a house full of geriatric hippies who periodically throw parties and fundraisers for their favored candidates. These events are among the most wince-worthy functions you will ever see. There's nothing quite as nauseating as seeing 5 or 6 muu-muu clad middle-aged women getting their groove on to "Smoke on the Water" while balding, pony-tailed men with beer guts watch rapturously.

Tonight they are raising money for the Dem convention and they have some kind of theme party. Sadly, it involves a "professional" DJ who is attempting to get them to actually dance. I mean with known steps, rhythm, and while touching each other.

Jesus wept.

I was at a party tonight. 'Smoke on the Water' was played. What color were the muu-muu's?

Where am I?

megimoo
06-07-2008, 11:14 PM

Jesus wept.You have a gift for painting an absolutely frightening picture of aged hippies dancing that conjures up a painting of a vision of hades from the old master Hieronymus Bosch:Triptych,
"The Garden of Earthly Delight " showing the damned dancing in hell enjoying the wages of sin .

Just how far away are they ,could you perhaps take a few pictures just to enable us to gauge
the size of these Muu Muu dancers.As the flower children of the sixties fade into the dainty dancing wilderbeast of this age and their drug addled cohorts grow gray and smelly .

They never grew up, even after all of this time they have passed through life with the same untrusting mindset ,they against the system, even while they live and work at the periphery . .

Shannon
06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
Can't you just shoot them?:confused:

megimoo
06-07-2008, 11:24 PM
Can't you just shoot them?:confused:Old Hippies are a protected species in Colorado !

Gingersnap
06-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Can't you just shoot them?:confused:

I wasn't able to get a hippie tag this season. It's a lottery.

SaintLouieWoman
06-07-2008, 11:49 PM
I wasn't able to get a hippie tag this season. It's a lottery.
Pictures, please. It should be very interesting.

DarkScribe
06-08-2008, 09:17 AM

Jesus wept.

You should've snuck in close and fired off a few warning shots over their heads just to put 'em in their place...maybe tossed a few flash-bangs or smoke grenades to "shake things up." :cool:

megimoo
06-08-2008, 09:33 AM
You should've snuck in close and fired off a few warning shots over their heads just to put 'em in their place...maybe tossed a few flash-bangs or smoke grenades to "shake things up." :cool:If those MUU MUU dancers were ever to stampede into a thundering herd the danger to life and limb would too great !

gator
06-08-2008, 09:42 AM
Where is Cartman when you need him?

"Die Hippy Die"

Plot summary
Cartman runs a 'pest control' service to try and rid the town of hippies, people he feared and hated for most of the series, mainly because "they smoke pot, wear crap and smell bad." Having studied hippies in his quest to eradicate them, Cartman deduces that the hippies are about to start a music festival in South Park. His attempts to warn the town council are futile, and he is arrested soon afterwards for imprisoning 63 captured hippies in his basement.

The town of South Park is soon invaded by the largest population of hippies in the history of man, and the music festival threatens to destroy the town. They manage to convert Stan, Kyle and Kenny to their cause with talks of corporate evils, and the trio get caught up in the massive hippie crowd where they all listen to jam band music.

Cartman pleads with the mayor to stop the festival, but it turns out that the mayor was the one who permitted the music festival in the first place. But after seeing the chaos that the eccentric hippies are creating, the mayor is ridden with guilt and shoots herself in the head (she survives and appears later in the strategy room when Cartman is enacting his plan). The rest of the town then pleads with Cartman to rid the town of the hippies. Cartman eventually agrees to help, but only after Randy promises to offer a Tonka radio controlled bulldozer, as well as Kyle's mother assuring that Kyle would never have one, and instead have to watch Cartman having fun with the bulldozer.

Meanwhile, Stan, Kyle and Kenny realize that the hippies are doing nothing to oppose the corporations that they have demonized and that their idea of a perfect society is the same as the currently existing one. They try to leave but the crowd is 7 miles in radius and Stan's efforts to talk sense into the hippies only make matters worse. Cartman, with the help of a scientist, an engineer and a "black man to sacrifice himself in case anything goes wrong", builds a giant drill ("Hippie Digger") to bore through the hippie crowd, killing them all. Cartman then uploads a Slayer CD (hippies apparantly hate death metal.) The plan works and the hippies disperse, saving South Park. Stan sees Randy and they end up hugging each other, knowing that they're safe. Cartman then pulls out a knife and tells Kyle that he will never be a hippie again and that he has plans for him. Kyle is then forced to watch Cartman having fun with his Tonka bulldozer in the school parking lot.

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/N/T/sp902_Die_Hippy_Die.jpg

Bubba Dawg
06-08-2008, 10:59 AM
If those MUU MUU dancers were ever to stampede into a thundering herd the danger to life and limb would too great !

You're right. It could be as dangerous as the Running With The Hemingways in Key West. Actually they are Hemingway look alikes but regardless you ain't been stepped on until you been stepped on by a Hemingway look alike. Just sayin...

SarasotaRepub
06-08-2008, 12:17 PM
Must have been a nice collection of...

http://www.ntoddblog.org/photos/atriots/asshat.jpg 's

:D

megimoo
06-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Support your local Vietnam Vet,Naplam a Hippie !

http://17809.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/?&op=articles&design_id=1642765

Goldwater
06-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Support your local Vietnam Vet,Naplam a Hippie !

http://17809.spreadshirt.com/us/US/Shop/?&op=articles&design_id=1642765

Napalm will make the naighborhood very untidy.

megimoo
06-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Napalm will make the naighborhood very untidy.Ah the smell of burning napalm in the morning !

noonwitch
06-09-2008, 08:50 AM
Most of the former hippies at work have retired, but I used to tell them "Just wait until you are old and I open my chain of nursing homes! You may think you're going to take my social security, but this is how I'm getting it back!".

Then I would go on to tell them how my nursing homes were going to have psychedelic wall paper, their pajamas would be tie-dyed, we'll burn patuoli incense in all the rooms (except those with oxygen tanks, of course), and they'll have the choice of taking their meds in jello-shot form or baked in brownies. The PA system will play the Grateful Dead and The Doors, instead of Muzak.

But no orgies, or I won't be able to afford the medical bills for my employees, as they all go blind.

bijou
06-09-2008, 01:30 PM
Honestly Ginger, where's your sense of neighbourliness. You could have gone round and reported back to us on the events. :D

Gingersnap
06-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Honestly Ginger, where's your sense of neighbourliness. You could have gone round and reported back to us on the events. :D

I just wasn't willing to get drunk enough to make that idea even theoretically possible.

Goldwater
06-09-2008, 02:37 PM
Ah the smell of burning napalm in the morning !

Mix in some burning hippy and you've got a winner.