PDA

View Full Version : After New York Vote, Bachmann Suggests Constitutional Amendment Against Gay Marriage

megimoo
06-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Fresh off a formidable showing in an Iowa preference poll of 2012 Republican presidential candidates, Rep. Michele Bachmann on Sunday said that as president she would offer a federal constitutional amendment to list marriage as solely between a man and a woman.

However, the Minnesota congresswoman said it's also up to the states to decide whether they permit same-sex marriage. Bachmann, who has staked out much of the social conservative ground in the GOP primary race, was threading a thin needle in explaining that her views are not inconsistent on gay marriage. She was speaking after New York's Legislature this

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/26/after-new-york-vote-bachmann-suggests-constitutional-amendment-against-gay/

Madisonian
06-26-2011, 07:53 PM
If the states want to allow or oppose redefinitions of the term marriage, that is one thing.
If, with all the shit that is going on in the Potomac Swamps in terms of military engagements, ridiculous debt, ad nauseum, the most crucial issue they can find to amend the Constitution is gay marriage, then we are seriously fucked.
Jim and Joe or Sue and Cindy across the street getting married does not have nearly the affect on my everyday life as a falling dollar, rising energy prices and declining property values.

Rockntractor
06-26-2011, 08:02 PM
If the states want to allow or oppose redefinitions of the term marriage, that is one thing.
If, with all the shit that is going on in the Potomac Swamps in terms of military engagements, ridiculous debt, ad nauseum, the most crucial issue they can find to amend the Constitution is gay marriage, then we are seriously fucked.
Jim and Joe or Sue and Cindy across the street getting married does not have nearly the affect on my everyday life as a falling dollar, rising energy prices and declining property values.

So by selling out traditional family constructs and discarding our values we can have prosperity?
Hmmm this might just be worth it.:cool:

Madisonian
06-26-2011, 08:08 PM
So by selling out traditional family constructs and discarding our values we can have prosperity?
Hmmm this might just be worth it.:cool:

No, and you are smarter than that and so am I.
Think about it. A Constitutional Amendment, something that has only happened successfully 28 times since its inception, to define an 8 letter word.
Priorities.

Rockntractor
06-26-2011, 08:21 PM
The modern family is dead, what's with people that want to revive it like Bachmann anyway.
Raising children should be up to public schools .

Madisonian
06-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Oh... that was sarcasm. Or at least I think it was.
Poli was better at it.:rolleyes:

Rockntractor
06-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh... that was sarcasm. Or at least I think it was.
Poli was better at it.:rolleyes:

Sometimes I actually miss him, his sarcasm started at your ankles and floated up!:confused::(

NJCardFan
06-26-2011, 08:51 PM
It's amazing what people worry about. The federal government doesn't belong anywhere near this debate.

Novaheart
06-26-2011, 09:43 PM
The modern family is dead, what's with people that want to revive it like Bachmann anyway.
Raising children should be up to public schools .

What effect, precisely, does permitting gay marriage have on any heterosexual? None whatsoever. It's just Michelle Bachmann trying to pick the easy fruit: the fundies who feel that the world is coming to an end and lightning and thunder are God.

Of course, if you were being sarcastic, then:

Nevermind

http://hisvorpal.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/emily-litella.jpg

Rockntractor
06-26-2011, 09:49 PM
It's just Michelle Bachmann trying to pick the easy fruit

The only thing she would pick fruit for would be a pie social at church anyway!:D
(Which reminds me my wife made me a peach and I have vanilla ice cream!:))

Novaheart
06-26-2011, 11:29 PM
(Which reminds me my wife made me a peach and I have vanilla ice cream!:))

Now that's just mean for you to flaunt that. On the bright side, my Do Or Dialysis diet has generated a 43 pound weight loss since May 8; and that's without suffering or starving. I truly feel light in my mall walkers.

Rockntractor
06-26-2011, 11:31 PM
Now that's just mean for you to flaunt that. On the bright side, my Do Or Dialysis diet has generated a 43 pound weight loss since May 8; and that's without suffering or starving. I truly feel light in my mall walkers.

Cut back the sugar, I like the peach pies a little tart anyway.
I do the cooking and my wife does the baking, she hits it out of the park with her pies.

Rockntractor
06-26-2011, 11:33 PM

You will feel a big difference in your knees and legs at the end of the day, now keep it off!

Bailey
06-27-2011, 06:18 AM
You will feel a big difference in your knees and legs at the end of the day, now keep it off!

This is a spot for a NH joke but I will resist :D