PDA

View Full Version : Teen Mob Hits Walgreens On The Mag Mile

Rockntractor
06-27-2011, 01:37 AM
CHICAGO (CBS) — The teenage robbery mobs are at it again on North Michigan Avenue.

Some 50 young people barged into a Walgreens at Michigan and Chicago on the Magnificent Mile on Tuesday afternoon. They took bottled drinks and sandwiches off the shelves, then ran off, CBS 2′s Suzanne Le Mignot reports.

A police report says authorities were able to nab three of the thieves.
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/06/23/teen-mob-hits-walgreens-off-the-mag-mile-steals/

Suspected flash mob rips off Upper Darby Sears (With Video)

Published: Sunday, June 26, 2011

By LINDA REILLY
Times Correspondent

UPPER DARBY — A mob of about 40 people stormed into the Sears department store on 69th Street Thursday, and in a flash stole thousands of dollars worth of merchandise, officials said.

Police were able to round up 15 juveniles and one adult, 19, all from West Philadelphia.

“They came in on the El train and hit Sears,” police Superintendent Michael Chitwood said. “They stole sneakers, socks, watches, whatever they could get their hands on, and left.

“Imagine the guts of this gang of young hoodlums. One was 11 years old. The others arrested ranged from 12 to 16 years old. They planned this out earlier in the day on a social networking site. It was pre-planned. They got on the El, got off at 69th Street Terminal and walked up the hill to Sears.”

Kyree Marsh, 19, of the 5500 block of Spruce Street, Philadelphia, was arrested and charged with retail theft, conspiracy to retail theft and corruption of minors.

Police recovered some of the stolen sneakers and socks that were in the backpack of one of the individuals arrested and in the pockets of others taken into custody.

According to the affidavit, the Sears loss-prevention officer saw the mob enter the store at 7:09 p.m. on Thursday.

The group then began taking merchandise off the shelves.

“He watched the group enter the store together from the 69th Street entrance,” Chitwood said. “It was fast. They ran out, leaving empty shoeboxes and store tags behind. Fortunately, no customers or store employees got hurt. Continued...

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/06/26/news/doc4e0696aaf127f552097776.txt?nstrack=sid:3501255| met:300|cat:0|order:1
Law enforcement and the courts will have to get serious.
Seems like overkill but I bet Rico statutes would cover this.

RobJohnson
06-27-2011, 03:55 AM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/06/26/eveningnews/main20074521.shtml

Violent, deadly pharmacy robberies on the rise - As the epidemic of prescription painkiller abuse worsens in the U.S., so does the number of scary pharmacy robberies..

A store in Las Vegas was hit a few weeks ago. Thankfully, no deaths.

So let's see....I work in a pharmacy and we have several safes full of C2 drugs....thanks for posting this...I will never sleep again! :D If they are on Medicaid and go to the right doctor, who needs a gun? It's all free...

I seen one doctor's phone number is 1-800-4LORTAB he's in Las Vegas..

KhrushchevsShoe
06-27-2011, 07:31 AM
69th Street and Michigan & Wacker are two entirely different places. Worlds apart.

noonwitch
06-27-2011, 08:43 AM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/06/23/teen-mob-hits-walgreens-off-the-mag-mile-steals/

http://www.delcotimes.com/articles/2011/06/26/news/doc4e0696aaf127f552097776.txt?nstrack=sid:3501255| met:300|cat:0|order:1
Law enforcement and the courts will have to get serious.
Seems like overkill but I bet Rico statutes would cover this.

RICO would cover it if any of the people in the mobs are traveling from one state to another to participate.

Rockntractor
06-27-2011, 09:25 AM
RICO would cover it if any of the people in the mobs are traveling from one state to another to participate.

I guess that is possible, they organize on facebook and if it was a city close to a state line.

noonwitch
06-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I guess that is possible, they organize on facebook and if it was a city close to a state line.

It's Chicago-all you need for RICO to apply is one kid who came from Wisconsin or Indiana. Aren't Racine, WI and Hammond, IN pretty much Chicago suburbs these days?

Novaheart
06-27-2011, 01:15 PM
One of the problems as I understand it from local LEO is that these young people aren't at all afraid of being arrested. They treat cops like teachers: You can't hit me, so I can anything I want to you. The local cop complained that when arrested, these kids know nothing serious will happen to them so they are completely obnoxious throughout the process. It's little wonder that police in some places have adopted a "come when called" and avoid conflict MO when dealing with the black community.

When they don't do anything at all, people accuse them of being useless. When they act people accuse them of racism. It leads to feelings like the black community activist in Harlem who was demonstrating outside the police station, "How come everybody knows where the crack house is except the police?"

Novaheart
06-27-2011, 01:17 PM
My local grocery store has an armed guard. Several of the banks and grocers and some of the pharmacies in Pinellas do.

RobJohnson
06-27-2011, 02:13 PM
69th Street and Michigan & Wacker are two entirely different places. Worlds apart.

That is true!

Michigan Ave is a great place to visit...

RobJohnson
06-27-2011, 02:16 PM
My local grocery store has an armed guard. Several of the banks and grocers and some of the pharmacies in Pinellas do.

Our utility co-op now has an armed guard....people upset about the power being turned off...really upset and the front counter employees are mostly women....one was grabbed by an pissed off past due bill holder...

KhrushchevsShoe
06-27-2011, 09:08 PM
That is true!

Michigan Ave is a great place to visit...

69th St.... not so much.

Apprarently Chicago is in the midst of (another) gang war on the South Side, might explain why they're heading north. At least the cops have rules.

NJCardFan
06-27-2011, 10:35 PM
A police report says authorities were able to nab three of the thieves.
I'd make them wear every bit of that. Hopefully they'll give up some names.

One of the problems as I understand it from local LEO is that these young people aren't at all afraid of being arrested. They treat cops like teachers: You can't hit me, so I can anything I want to you. The local cop complained that when arrested, these kids know nothing serious will happen to them so they are completely obnoxious throughout the process. It's little wonder that police in some places have adopted a "come when called" and avoid conflict MO when dealing with the black community.

When they don't do anything at all, people accuse them of being useless. When they act people accuse them of racism. It leads to feelings like the black community activist in Harlem who was demonstrating outside the police station, "How come everybody knows where the crack house is except the police?"

3 words for you: Juvenile Boot Camp. They exist. We have one in Jamesberg. http://www.bootcampsforteens.com/index.html