PDA

View Full Version : CNN,CBS and NYTimes Reporters on Gaza Flotilla

megimoo
06-28-2011, 06:47 AM
A correspondent for the liberal magazine The Nation is reporting that CNN and CBS have sent camera crews to join the new Gaza flotilla preparing to set sail from Greece in order to break an Israeli navy blockade. He also says he’s heard the New York Times has sent a reporter.

Obama will be with them in spirit :As an interesting side note, one of the boats in the flotilla group is called the “Audacity of Hope.”

The messages came from Joseph Dana, who is in Greece and will be riding along with the flotilla, and his Twitter account.

At first glance, it might not seem odd that major news outlets are supposedly sending crews to cover the flotilla considering the debacle that ensued when the previous one tried to break the blockade last year. But Commentary points out why this might be concerning:

While it’s hard to blame reporters for seeking out a colorful story, they should realize by joining the activists on the boat they are actually making themselves a part of the story. They will be with the flotilla when it attempts to violate international law by trying to break Israel’s legally-established naval blockade. And they could potentially interfere with the Israeli military’s ability to do its job if IDF soldiers are forced to board the ships.

http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/2011/June24/2425.html

megimoo
06-28-2011, 06:49 AM
IDF: Some flotilla activists planning to kill soldiers

Military sources tell the 'Post' they have intelligence showing that some participants in upcoming flotilla plan use chemical weapons against troops; say IHH members will participate in flotilla. Talkbacks (89) IDF sources said Monday night that new intelligence information obtained in recent days shows that participants of the flotilla planning to break Israel’s sea blockade over the Gaza Strip later this week plan to kill IDF soldiers who board their ships. According to the information obtained by the IDF, some of the participants have prepared sacks with sulfur, which they plan to pour on the soldiers as they board the...

http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Article.aspx?id=226829

obx
06-28-2011, 09:43 AM
Look on the bright side. With all the hype this is getting, we will be able to watch Israel blow it up and sink it on live TV. I am looking forward to it. Are there sharks near the port?

txradioguy
06-28-2011, 09:49 AM
I'm sure the MSM will report "fairly" on the events as they transpire.

lacarnut
06-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Look on the bright side. With all the hype this is getting, we will be able to watch Israel blow it up and sink it on live TV. I am looking forward to it. Are there sharks near the port?

All aboard perished. That's what may happen, and I would not shed a tear.

noonwitch
06-28-2011, 11:17 AM
I'm pretty sure the entire purpose of the flotilla is to get Israeli forces to fire at them, not to actually deliver humanitarian relief to Gaza.

Lots of organizations are able to deliver aid to Gaza with the permission of the Israelis. Plenty of church-based charities do so.

SarasotaRepub
06-28-2011, 12:34 PM
http://images.ookaboo.com/photo/s/Torpedo_mk37e_s.jpg

obx
06-28-2011, 01:15 PM
I hope it is not pay-per-view.

Bailey
06-28-2011, 01:21 PM
I would love to see a destroyer sit off about a 100 yards and light that boat up with 5 inchers, not to far off you have to be able to see the people freaking out. :D

megimoo
06-28-2011, 02:24 PM
I would love to see a destroyer sit off about a 100 yards and light that boat up with 5 inchers, not to far off you have to be able to see the people freaking out. :DThats awfully close to use a five inch shell .Besides the IDF patrol boats
don't carry five inch guns these days.Most carry anti ship missiles .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS2iqwAMaVA&feature=player_embedded

Zathras
06-28-2011, 02:58 PM
Thats awfully close to use a five inch shell .Besides the IDF patrol boats
don't carry five inch guns these days.Most carry anti ship missiles.

The majority of the IDF ships do carry guns, 76mm (3") being the largest.

Bailey
06-28-2011, 03:01 PM
The majority of the IDF ships do carry guns, 76mm (3") being the largest.

I guess those 3 inchers will have to do :(

megimoo
06-28-2011, 05:32 PM
I guess those 3 inchers will have to do :(Their anti-ship missiles pack much more of a punch .Most likely a 'Israeli ' rip Off' of our Tomahawk Anti-ship Cruise missile !

Bailey
06-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Their anti-ship missiles pack much more of a punch .Most likely a 'Israeli ' rip Off' of our Tomahawk Anti-ship Cruise missile !

well why destroy a perfectly good ship? only the vermin must go.