PDA

View Full Version : DNA tests provide the poop on bad dog owners

SarasotaRepub
06-28-2011, 09:06 AM
(CNN) -- A New Hampshire apartment complex is mandating that residents submit pet DNA samples.

Why? To check if any of them are abandoning their dogs' waste on the property.

"Ninety-eight percent do what they're suppose to do," property manager Debbie Violette said of her residents with dogs, "but there are some that don't and you don't know who that is. That'd be pretty foolish if they did that right in front of me."

Timberwood Commons in Lebanon, New Hampshire, says it is among a growing number of apartment complexes implementing PooPrints.

Linky (http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/27/new.hampshire.dog.dna/index.html?hpt=hp_c1)

namvet
06-28-2011, 09:21 AM
liberal owners are exempt. they get away with all kinds a shit

Hawkgirl
06-28-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm a cat owner, I don't have dogs....but I like dogs.

That being said, I have a neighbor who has 2 large dogs, he NEVER picks up after his dog....half my yard is ruined because of this. He likes to walk the dogs at night and always passes through my my yard (I live in a town house development, so no fences). They were pretty antisocial...THANK GOD, they moved this weekend. Hopefully, my grass will grow back. I never reported them because I love animals, and didn't want them to be forced to give up their dogs. I'll forego a nice lawn to keep dogs in a home.

BUT I AM GLAD THEY ARE GONE.

SaintLouieWoman
06-28-2011, 10:40 PM
When we moved to this community, we were greeted by a neighbor who handed me a plastic bag with lots of plastic newspaper wrappinga. I guess she saw that we had 3 dogs at the time and wanted to be sure that we didn't leave any droppings on her lawn. Usually people give you a pie or cake or something when you move in. We got poop bags. :mad:

But life is funny. She watched our dogs for us when we went to St Louis (along with another neighbor). They were super with the girls. Although she's compulsive about stuff, she's nice compulsive. :D