PDA

View Full Version : Mainstream media covers up horrifying Obama mistake

txradioguy
06-28-2011, 01:35 PM
No one in mainstream media seems inclined to mention Barack Obama’s horrifying mistake last Thursday when, speaking at Fort Drum, he said that SFC Jared Monti was “the first person who I was able to award the Medal of Honor to who actually came back and wasn’t receiving it posthumously.” Alas, he was mistaken. He awarded the Medal of Honor to Jared Monti posthumously in 2009 and awarded the Medal of Honor in person to SSG Sal Giunta in person in 2011. Obama later apologized for this mistake, but it’s really dismaying that a president who spoke movingly and even eloquently in awarding the Medal of Honor made a mistake of this magnitude.

“It shouldn’t take a teleprompter for the C-in-C to get it right,” writes military blogger Black Five. It’s interesting that mainstream media journalists who are so eager to zing Michele Bachmann for getting John Wayne’s birthplace wrong, have not been interested in asking whether this was a mistake Obama made in ad libbing or whether the White House speechwriters and fact-checkers fell down on the job. You might think that their chief motive is to make Obama look good and to suppress facts that make him look bad.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/06/mainstream-media-covers-horrifying-obama-mistake

linda22003
06-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Obama apologizes for error at ceremony‎ - Boston Globe
Obama apologizes to family of slain Medal of Honor winner
USA Today - David Jackson - ‎Jun 25, 2011‎
Obama confuses his Medal of Honor recipients during Ft. Drum remarks
Los Angeles Times - Michael Muskal - ‎Jun 24, 2011‎
White House Corrects Record After Obama Claims Medal of Honor Recipient Still ...
Fox News - ‎Jun 24, 2011‎
Obama apologizes to family of slain Mass. soldier
WHDH-TV - ‎Jun 25, 2011‎
White House confirms Medal of Honor mistake
CBS News - ‎Jun 25, 2011‎
A mistake that is hard to forgive: Barack Obama mixes up Medal of Honor winners
Telegraph.co.uk (blog) - Toby Harnden - ‎Jun 24, 2011‎
Obama criticized for flubbing name of medal of honor recipient
CBS News - Corbett B. Daly - ‎Jun 24, 2011‎

Yeah, they covered it up COMPLETELY. Great detective work. :p

linda22003
06-28-2011, 02:04 PM
Since I have access to the Nexis database I ran the search: hlead((Obama w/5 medal of honor) and (gaffe or mistak!) and date is jun 2011)) and got 989 results broken out by source:

Newspapers (448)

Blogs (249)

Newswires & Press Releases (169)

Web-based Publications (54)

Aggregate News Sources (34)

Magazines & Journals (31)

News Transcripts (26)

Newsletters (6)

Country & Region Reports (3)

Statistics (3)

Industry Trade Press (2)

Legal News (2)

Unclassified Documents (2)

Not really too hush hush after all.

lacarnut
06-28-2011, 02:29 PM
Does not change the fact that Obama is a bumbling idiot and his staff is dumber than him. I betcha Quayle's misspelling of potato was covered much, much, much more in the press. Crap, Obummer does not know how many states in the union. However, Obama is smart and all Repub Presidents are stupid. If you think that gaffs by Repubs are equally covered the same as Democraps, you are retarded. Another one of his gaffs (corpse-man) faded away in a few days also.

linda22003
06-28-2011, 02:35 PM
I know what you're saying (but damn, spelling potato with an "e" on the end is pretty stupid). So is saying 57 states if you actually think there are that many. I'm not keeping score between R and D, I'm just pointing out that the "cover up" of the "horrifying mistake" in this case is not true.

MrsSmith
06-29-2011, 07:00 AM
Obama monti 1,730,000 results on google

bachmann john wayne 3,060,000

If you have Nexis access, run that comparison and tell us again how "fair" the media coverage is. Obama is our Commander in Chief, with a team of fact checkers, yet makes a horrifying mistake about a war hero. Bachmann screws up John Wayne's birthplace. Wow. As if this means anything at all...yet I've personally seen at least triple the coverage of this "major gaffe."

Face it, the facts are that Obama's biggest mistakes are consistently whitewashed (and no, that's not racist), while the most minor and unimportant slips on the part of any Republican (but especially females, lately) is repeated with utmost venom. Seriously, who cares if someone can spell potato or knows where an actor was born???? Who cares if Paul Revere actually rang church bells, or just warned people to go ring them? On the other hand, the number of US states and the awarding of war medals is part of the flipping business of running the office of Commander in Chief!!! The Obama gaffes are directly related to his flipping job, not some stupid trivia. There simply is no accurate comparison. The media quite clearly explodes every single misspeak of those they dislike, and quite clearly minimizes truly horrifying mistakes from Democratic leaders.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/06/27/nbc-nightly-news-reports-bachmanns-john-wayne-gaffe-still-hasnt-menti

Do we really want to choose our leaders on the basis of historical trivia contests, or on the basis of actual accomplishments and policies?? :rolleyes:

The shallowness and idiocy of the coverage of these incidents speaks volumes about the problems our country faces today.

linda22003
06-29-2011, 07:57 AM
Again, my point was not about keeping score. I was addressing the original poster's point which was that the mainstream media was covering up Obama's gaffe. It's not true.

txradioguy
06-29-2011, 11:39 AM
Obama monti 1,730,000 results on google

bachmann john wayne 3,060,000

If you have Nexis access, run that comparison and tell us again how "fair" the media coverage is. Obama is our Commander in Chief, with a team of fact checkers, yet makes a horrifying mistake about a war hero. Bachmann screws up John Wayne's birthplace. Wow. As if this means anything at all...yet I've personally seen at least triple the coverage of this "major gaffe."

Face it, the facts are that Obama's biggest mistakes are consistently whitewashed (and no, that's not racist), while the most minor and unimportant slips on the part of any Republican (but especially females, lately) is repeated with utmost venom. Seriously, who cares if someone can spell potato or knows where an actor was born???? Who cares if Paul Revere actually rang church bells, or just warned people to go ring them? On the other hand, the number of US states and the awarding of war medals is part of the flipping business of running the office of Commander in Chief!!! The Obama gaffes are directly related to his flipping job, not some stupid trivia. There simply is no accurate comparison. The media quite clearly explodes every single misspeak of those they dislike, and quite clearly minimizes truly horrifying mistakes from Democratic leaders.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2011/06/27/nbc-nightly-news-reports-bachmanns-john-wayne-gaffe-still-hasnt-menti

Do we really want to choose our leaders on the basis of historical trivia contests, or on the basis of actual accomplishments and policies?? :rolleyes:

The shallowness and idiocy of the coverage of these incidents speaks volumes about the problems our country faces today.

QFT

lacarnut
06-29-2011, 12:06 PM
Again, my point was not about keeping score. I was addressing the original poster's point which was that the mainstream media was covering up Obama's gaffe. It's not true.

And my point is that Obama's gaffe's are minimized in comparison to Republicans and soon forgotten unlike the potato comment by Quayle. NBC, CBS, ABC and NPR are cheerleaders for Obama and anyone with a brain can see that. On the nightly news, 60 min. and Today show let me know how many conservative reporters they have. While you are at it, let me know how many at the NY and LA slimes. None that I know of and their bias shines thru. So there is that.

newshutr
06-29-2011, 12:51 PM
It not only goes for the national media biggies... Try the local media affiliates..such as the one I work at. You never heard it on our air. But we've made mention of Bachmann and her gaffes. Try your local paper too. See if they've mentioned Obama and his screw up. Bet you'll see Bachmann's "lies" and not POTUS's error.

newshutr
06-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Actually, I stand corrected. It's not Obama's error...

It was his teleprompter....

NJCardFan
06-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Since I have access to the Nexis database I ran the search: hlead((Obama w/5 medal of honor) and (gaffe or mistak!) and date is jun 2011)) and got 989 results broken out by source:

Newspapers (448)

Blogs (249)

Newswires & Press Releases (169)

Web-based Publications (54)

Aggregate News Sources (34)

Magazines & Journals (31)

News Transcripts (26)

Newsletters (6)

Country & Region Reports (3)

Statistics (3)

Industry Trade Press (2)

Legal News (2)

Unclassified Documents (2)

Not really too hush hush after all.
Do the same thing but change the perimeters to Michelle Bachman and gaffe and let me know how you make out.

linda22003
06-29-2011, 01:25 PM
Do the same thing but change the perimeters to Michelle Bachman and gaffe and let me know how you make out.

Using the same search parameters, hlead (bachmann w/5 gaffe) and date is jun 2011: the system seems to be truncating results to 1000 items as it did for the Obama search, but compare the source results:
All Results (999)
Sources by Category

Blogs (475)

Newspapers (272)

Newswires & Press Releases (123)

News Transcripts (50)

Web-based Publications (47)

Aggregate News Sources (22)

Magazines & Journals (15)

Industry Trade Press (6)

Legal News (3)

Country & Region Reports (2)

News (2)

Newsletters (2)

Statistics (2)

Business Opportunities (1)

Unclassified Documents (1)

The "Blogs" and "Newspapers" numbers are reversed from the Obama results, which says that there is far more coverage of her gaffes in the blogosphere than in the mainstream media.

AmPat
06-29-2011, 01:37 PM
I know what you're saying (but damn, spelling potato with an "e" on the end is pretty stupid). So is saying 57 states if you actuaally think there are that many. I'm not keeping score between R and D, I'm just pointing out that the "cover up" of the "horrifying mistake" in this case is not true.

You DO know that Quiale knew the spelling and was prompted by some of his idiot handlers that the spelling was incorrect, right? As for "stupid?" There are many on this board that are spelling challenged and I would not label them as stupid. Pronouncing Corpse-men----TWICE!---- is stupid from the "smartest president ever." Visiting 58 States in a country he loves so much he wants to fundamentally change and be president of is "stupid.":cool:

linda22003
06-29-2011, 01:44 PM
You DO know that Quiale knew the spelling and was prompted by some of his idiot handlers that the spelling was incorrect, right? As for "stupid?" There are many on this board that are spelling challenged and I would not label them as stupid. Pronouncing Corpse-men----TWICE!---- is stupid from the "smartest president ever." Visiting 58 States in a country he loves so much he wants to fundamentally change and be president of is "stupid.":cool:

I agree with the two Obama examples completely (and I would hardly characterize him as our smartest president ever). I think - no, I actually KNOW - that "Quiale" is spelled "Quayle". If I knew how to spell potato (and I do), and my "handlers" told me to put an "e" on the end, I would still know better than to do so.

Rockntractor
06-29-2011, 01:47 PM
I agree with the two Obama examples completely (and I would hardly characterize him as our smartest president ever). I think - no, I actually KNOW - that "Quiale" is spelled "Quayle". If I knew how to spell potato (and I do), and my "handlers" told me to put an "e" on the end, I would still know better than to do so.

Shouldn't there be a space between Linda and the numbers?:confused:

linda22003
06-29-2011, 01:55 PM

Yes, if it should also be Rock N. Tractor.

Rockntractor
06-29-2011, 01:59 PM

I don't has no numbas though!:D

lacarnut
06-29-2011, 02:09 PM

Wrong. Just like your assertion that the media does not cover for Obama. BTW, mistakes that a President or VP make pertaining to his officials duties as CIC are much, much, much more glaring than misspelling a word. Maybe not to you but corsp-man and medal of honor flubs is a direct assault on those that have served in the military and have given years of their lives. Your stupidity shines thru if you do not think so.

linda22003
06-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Maybe not to you but corsp-man and medal of honor flubs is a direct assault on those that have served in the military and have given years of their lives. Your stupidity shines thru if you do not think so.

Perhaps you missed where I said "I agree with the two Obama examples completely (and I would hardly characterize him as our smartest president ever)."
I can understand how you would have missed it; it was right at the beginning of my post.

lacarnut
06-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Perhaps you missed where I said "I agree with the two Obama examples completely (and I would hardly characterize him as our smartest president ever)."
I can understand how you would have missed it; it was right at the beginning of my post.

I did not miss it. I just wanted to reiterate my point. Capiche.

txradioguy
06-29-2011, 05:44 PM

Yes but no space at all between linda and "Libtard sounding apologist"

lacarnut
06-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes but no space at all between linda and "Libtard sounding apologist"

:D

Did anyone see on the national news another one of the Magic Negro's flubs. He said his oldest daughter is 13 years of age. Not until next week, you dumb ass. July 4th should not be too hard to remember. But according to some RINO's here that is not as bad as putting an e on potato. Obama can not help himself. Without his teleprompter, he makes a fool out of himself on a regular basis and the media only gives lip service.