PDA

View Full Version : The People Of Florida vs. Casey Anthony

NJCardFan
06-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Anyone watching this train wreck? I've been following this trial and from what I'm seeing, the defenses case has been very weak and the lead attorney is the biggest douchebag to ever try a case. He's making the OJ team look like nice guys. Personally, no matter all the smoke screens the defense is throwing up, the one thing that is sticking in my mind are the pictures of Casey out partying just 2 nights after her daughter supposedly drowned accidentally.

Rockntractor
06-29-2011, 07:06 PM
I wish I could filter it out, it dominates the news.

Hawkgirl
06-29-2011, 07:08 PM
I have not been watching it. It was on for weeks when she was first missing and subsequently found. Everyeone knows Casey did it. After she killed her own daughter she had freedom parties....It could have been no one else. I hope she's executed for this.

Rockntractor
06-29-2011, 07:12 PM
It is beyond my comprehension but I don't think they should turn these court cases into reality shows for entertainment. It is none of my business what goes on in that court until after the verdict.
That is just my opinion.

NJCardFan
06-29-2011, 07:18 PM
And this one has been a circus. One of the funniest moments was when the defense had a botanist on the stand and she made a comment how a dog could have buried some of Caley's bones. The prosecutor nearly busted out laughing.

Novaheart
06-29-2011, 08:29 PM
The judge often appears medicated. Half the time he seems to be dozing off and the other half the time it's like he's tickling himself with a feather.

lacarnut
06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
The judge often appears medicated. Half the time he seems to be dozing off and the other half the time it's like he's tickling himself with a feather.

If he was not on drugs, I would be surprised. Either that or he is a goofball.

Articulate_Ape
06-29-2011, 11:45 PM
I wish I could filter it out, it dominates the news.

I agree. At this point I'm glad she's dead. Let's move on to the next selected case out of hundreds.

NJCardFan
06-29-2011, 11:54 PM
I agree. At this point I'm glad she's dead. Let's move on to the next selected case out of hundreds.

So you're glad a 3 year old little girl is dead? Please clarify.

Kay
06-29-2011, 11:59 PM
It could have been no one else.
I hope she's executed for this.

Me too.
No mother would allow 30 days to go by with a kid missing
before calling in the cops. That's what proves her guilt to me.

NJCardFan
06-30-2011, 12:11 AM
Me too.
No mother would allow 30 days to go by with a kid missing
before calling in the cops. That's what proves her guilt to me.

Several things prove guilt:

1-The google searches on chloroform(um, yeah, moms, a nurse, was looking at chlorophyll and accidentally stumbled upon a web site that described chloroform...84 times).

2-The google searches on neck breaking.

3-The scent of decomp in the trunk of Casey's car picked up on everyone including a cadaver dog.

4-The banding on a piece of Caylee's hair found in the trunk of Casey's car which medical examiners said can only happen in a dead body. There is a 100% certainty of that.

5-The notion that Caylee accidentally drowned in the Anthony's pool and George's subsequent cover up because Casey's mother would be pissed at her is bullshit because Casey is seen dancing and partying at a nightclub just days after Caylee allegedly drowned. Does this look like someone who's baby daughter died days ago:
http://wishididntknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/casey-hot-body-club-e1306457388140.jpg

If I'm a juror, this picture and the dozens like it are the money shots to me.

Kay
06-30-2011, 12:20 AM
Yes I agree, there is a lot of evidence that I'd have no qualms over finding her guilty for if I were on the jury. But still, the cincher for me, just from a motherly point of view, is having your child missing and not going into complete panic mode calling in the cops and everyone else who will listen immediately. No mother could let 30 days go by like that unless they knew all along where the kid really was.

Articulate_Ape
06-30-2011, 12:45 AM
So you're glad a 3 year old little girl is dead? Please clarify.

How many 3 year old little girls died today outside the venue of Nancy Grace and Greta van Sustern, NJ? Maybe saying I was glad she's dead was over the top, but, in case you haven't noticed, that's who I am. I'm sick of hearing about the pet crime of the day. I am sorry the kid is dead, but I honestly don't care. Maybe that makes me a horrible person in your mind. I can live with that.

Would you worry about a dead child on your sinking ship? The news should be covering the economic comet coming our way, not the cute girl death du jour.

Shoot me for being realistic.

linda22003
06-30-2011, 07:52 AM
I haven't been following it at all. If I could tune out the entire OJ trial, I can certainly ignore this.

Phillygirl
06-30-2011, 08:55 AM
I haven't watched much of it. I don't get why this particular case is so national newsworthy to the extent that it has been. What little I followed of the early part of the trial made me think there are some serious appellate issues there. Unfortunate, because I don't think there's any doubt that she's guilty.

NJCardFan
06-30-2011, 09:50 AM
I haven't watched much of it. I don't get why this particular case is so national newsworthy to the extent that it has been. What little I followed of the early part of the trial made me think there are some serious appellate issues there. Unfortunate, because I don't think there's any doubt that she's guilty.

I think Baez's incompetence will be a major appellate angle. He's all over the place.

Gingersnap
06-30-2011, 10:11 AM

I have followed this (more or less) from the beginning. I think there are a few elements that make this story more compelling than the usual bored-parent-kills-kid saga.

No one (including the grandmother) seemed to think it was odd that they hadn't seen the kid for a month. Parents normally never shut up about their procreative powers. Mom was either really clever in terms of manipulating conversation (unlikely) or the kid was already such a marginal part of family life that people just forgot about her.

Mom partied down when she should have been doing the usual distraught-parent thing.

Two words: Death Stench.

obx
06-30-2011, 10:13 AM
Death row will provide her with a few more years to live. If she is in general population in prison or let go all together she will not live six months. Too many people hate her for killing that child.

noonwitch
06-30-2011, 10:17 AM
I think she's guilty and I think the jury is going to find her guilty and sentence her to the death penalty.

That said, I also think that her lawyers believe she is guilty and that is why they are treating her trial like it is already the sentencing hearing. Casey's claim of sexual abuse has no place in the trial phase, it's a mitigating circumstance for sentencing (not that I believe it). I wonder if they are trying to be incompetent in order to give her an appellate strategy.

I'm also disgusted that the Italians are reviewing Amanda Knox's case. That little sociopath is probably going to walk.

NJCardFan
06-30-2011, 06:11 PM
The judge smacked down a little snot nosed idiot who thought it would be cool to flip the bird during questioning Ashton was doing today. He was seen and brought before the judge and the judge after bitch slapping him verbally, imposed a 6 day lock up in county as well as a total fines and costs in excess of $650.