PDA

View Full Version : Virginia is Purple

linda22003
06-30-2011, 11:51 AM
From the daily CQ/RollCall briefing that shows up in my inbox every day about this time:

"Virginia’s status as the nation’s premier swing state is underscored by the numbers in the newest Quinnipiac University Poll. It found Obama’s approval and disapproval ratings in the state at an identical 48 percent. And it showed a virtual dead heat in the state’s open seat Senate contest, with Democrat Tim Kaine at 43 percent and Republican George Allen at 42 percent."

That should make next year interesting.

lacarnut
06-30-2011, 01:35 PM
Just what DC needs another Democratic lawyer that graduated from Harvard.:eek::rolleyes:

noonwitch
06-30-2011, 01:39 PM
That is pretty close.

Here, I'm pretty sure Obama will carry Michigan, even though the three branches of state government are all dominated by republicans. Unless something really bad were to happen. The economy here isn't any worse than it was in 2008.

We have a Senate race, but no strong challengers are up for taking on incumbent Debbie Stabenow. The big names are waiting for 2014, when rumour has it that Carl Levin is going to retire. The dems will have to scramble to find someone to keep that seat democrat, because I suspect the GOP big names (Hoekstra, Cox) will be running then. The dems will only have Granholm, and no one wants her to run. Maybe Blanchard, who was governor in the 80s and is still fairly young. Or Dennis Archer. Or, Kwame is getting paroled soon, he is audacious enough to run for office again.

linda22003
06-30-2011, 01:43 PM
Just what DC needs another Democratic lawyer that graduated from Harvard.:eek::rolleyes:

The alternative is a UVa lawyer.

lacarnut
06-30-2011, 01:51 PM
[QUOTE=noonwitch;429553]That is pretty close.

Here, I'm pretty sure Obama will carry Michigan, even though the three branches of state government are all dominated by republicans. Unless something really bad were to happen. The economy here isn't any worse than it was in 2008.

[/QUOTE

Voters in MI got fooled with hope and change. The hope went down the shittier and there has been little change. In fact, unemployment is up, economy is stagnant, housing prices are down and no hope in sight that the job picture will improve. Yep, that is a good reason to reelect the Magic Negro.:eek::eek::eek:

lacarnut
06-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Bad but not quite. Both are career politicians. Ug.

fettpett
06-30-2011, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=noonwitch;429553]That is pretty close.

[/QUOTE

Voters in MI got fooled with hope and change. The hope went down the shittier and there has been little change. In fact, unemployment is up, economy is stagnant, housing prices are down and no hope in sight that the job picture will improve. Yep, that is a good reason to reelect the Magic Negro.:eek::eek::eek:

not all of us were fooled by the Joker that now resides in the White House

Elspeth
07-01-2011, 12:54 PM

I prefer the "public Ivy" to the criminality of Harvard and their ex president, Larry Summers.

lacarnut
07-01-2011, 01:43 PM
I prefer the "public Ivy" to the criminality of Harvard and their ex president, Larry Summers.

Students paying big bucks to get an education or should I say a miss-education. He said the Stimulus was not big enough and that it should have been doubled. What a moron.

Elspeth
07-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Students paying big bucks to get an education or should I say a miss-education. He said the Stimulus was not big enough and that it should have been doubled. What a moron.

With what money did he propose to "double" it?