PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Pouting.The GOP Dared Question His New Spending Plans .

megimoo
06-30-2011, 03:38 PM
White House rejects McConnell invite for Obama to meet GOP

The White House has rejected Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell's (Ky.) invitation for President Obama to meet Thursday with Senate Republicans about their position on the debt-ceiling talks.

White House press secretary Jay Carney said McConnell was asking Obama to visit and "hear Republicans restate their maximalist position" in the negotiations to raise the $14.3 trillion debt ceiling.

"We know that position. That's not a conversation worth having," Carney said at his daily briefing.

McConnell made the invitation one day after Obama challenged Republicans to give up special tax breaks for corporate jets and major oil companies. Obama wants to include revenue from eliminating those breaks as part of a package to reduce the deficit, but Republicans are ruling out any tax increases.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/169207-mcconnell-challenges-obama-to-meet-with-senate-republicans

White House snubs McConnell invitation to Obama ["not a conversation worth having."......]

White House snubs McConnell invitation to Obama Photo 12:51pm EDT WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House effectively turned down an invitation by Republican Senate Leader Mitch McConnell for President Barack Obama to visit his members on Capitol Hill on Thursday to discuss raising the debt limit. White House press secretary Jay Carney, while not directly saying the invitation had been rejected, said Obama did not need to hear Republicans tell him what they would not support.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/30/us-usa-debt-whitehouse-idUSTRE75T4T920110630?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FPoliticsNews+%28New s+%2F+US+%2F+Politics+News%29

fettpett
06-30-2011, 11:05 PM
and the jackass has the balls to sit there today and say that they want a "Spirit of Cooperation", my ass they do

AmPat
07-01-2011, 09:25 AM
The Liar-In-Chief didn't think his meeting was a waste of time. This turd has to go.:mad:

lacarnut
07-01-2011, 10:43 AM
The Liar-In-Chief didn't think his meeting was a waste of time. This turd has to go.:mad:

McConnell and the Senate Republicans might not understand how Obama is playing hardball. It is really quite simple; even a caveman can see it. In order to get something passed, the O has to compromise with the House Repubs because they have the votes to block any legislation. In the Senate, the opposite is true as the D's have a majority and can just steamroll them. McConnell along with the rest of the old dogs in Congress should get the word out that the Democrats are not serious about debt reduction and spending cuts and quit trying to appease these left wing liberals.

megimoo
07-01-2011, 11:48 AM
McConnell and the Senate Republicans might not understand how Obama is playing hardball. It is really quite simple; even a caveman can see it. In order to get something passed, the O has to compromise with the House Repubs because they have the votes to block any legislation. In the Senate, the opposite is true as the D's have a majority and can just steamroll them. McConnell along with the rest of the old dogs in Congress should get the word out that the Democrats are not serious about debt reduction and spending cuts and quit trying to appease these left wing liberals.

Most people, unless they're brain dead Obama fans,can already see that.Mothers milk to the Progressive Jackasses is more money,tax money .To Them money gives them power to buy more votes and stay in power.We'd be better off default and shut down the entire country for a few years to shed this bureaucratic nightmare we have on our backs .

Arroyo_Doble
07-01-2011, 12:08 PM
and the jackass has the balls to sit there today and say that they want a "Spirit of Cooperation", my ass they do

Cooperation requires more than one.

lacarnut
07-01-2011, 12:17 PM

No shit Dick Tracy. Did the Democrats show any cooperation prior to the 2010 elections? Nope.

Bailey
07-01-2011, 12:25 PM

I missed the kneejerk obama defensive cheerleader, I hope you enjoyed your vacation. :rolleyes:

Arroyo_Doble
07-01-2011, 02:35 PM
No shit Dick Tracy. Did the Democrats show any cooperation prior to the 2010 elections? Nope.

I missed the kneejerk obama defensive cheerleader, I hope you enjoyed your vacation. :rolleyes:

Obama bad! Hulk smash!

Rockntractor
07-01-2011, 04:00 PM
http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n92/melissamcculloh/popcorn.gif

lacarnut
07-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Obama bad! Hulk smash!

You said it. You musta have had a brain fart. :eek::rolleyes:

Bailey
07-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Obama bad! Hulk smash!

Conservatives BAD!! HULK SMASH. See I can be as witty as you.

Zathras
07-01-2011, 05:13 PM

Yeah it does...maybe someone should tell The Obumbler that because he's the one not cooperating.

Then again you probably missed that, kneeling at the altar of The Obumbler you have in your closet while you were praying to your god.

fettpett
07-01-2011, 05:33 PM

yeah, no shit, McConnell offered to sit down with them and he told them flat out NO. the guy is a hypocrite within the space of 2 mins, He does not want to get this done. Thank God people are seeing this and will throw him out on his ass next Nov

Arroyo_Doble
07-01-2011, 06:38 PM
yeah, no shit, McConnell offered to sit down with them and he told them flat out NO. the guy is a hypocrite within the space of 2 mins, He does not want to get this done. Thank God people are seeing this and will throw him out on his ass next Nov

Sit down and what? You think McConnell wanted to hash it out and was willing to compromise on revenue? Really?

megimoo
07-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Conservatives BAD!! HULK SMASH. See I can be as witty as thee.
Fixed, but a mere A Trifle from Real Life .

fettpett
07-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Sit down and what? You think McConnell wanted to hash it out and was willing to compromise on revenue? Really?

You think that this President does?

Schumer confirms White House considering ignoring debt limit

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/07/schumer-confirms-white-house-considering-ignoring-debt-limit#ixzz1QtlY9vPF

By: Conn Carroll | Senior Editorial Writer Follow Him @conncarroll | 07/01/11 2:42 PM

This morning we speculated that Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner was seriously considering just ignoring the statutory debt limit by claiming it was superseded by section Four of the 14th amendment. Sen. Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., confirmed that that course of action has been considered by the White House. Talking Points Memo‘s Brian Beutler reports on a conference call with Schumer today:

I asked Schumer, a lawyer, whether, in his view, the administration had the power to continue issuing new debt even if Congress fails to raise the debt limit. He acknowledged that the question’s been discussed, but said the White House probably shouldn’t go there just yet.

[emphasis mine] Considering the ease with which Obama has violated bankruptcy law, refused to enforce voter fraud laws, and ignored the War Powers Act, what is stopping him from ignoring the debt ceiling.

They have already proven they don't want to compromise.

sure, we have a revenue issue, but that's not the main problem, it's the spending, the Billions given to banks, research for the mating habits of lemurs, how lipstick looks on a grasshopper, etc. Tax cuts stimulate the economy, they give incentive for people to work because they have more money to spend on upgrades which create jobs, which creates more revenue.

Tecate
07-01-2011, 07:26 PM
I wonder what ever happened with Bernanke and the end of quantitative easing II which was supposedly yesterday?

lacarnut
07-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I wonder what ever happened with Bernanke and the end of quantitative easing II which was supposedly yesterday?

It will be called something else rather than QE3. After that, 4 & 5 will put into Banana Republic status if the Magic Negro is reelected.

Arroyo_Doble
07-01-2011, 08:41 PM
You think that this President does?

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/2011/07/schumer-confirms-white-house-considering-ignoring-debt-limit#ixzz1QtlY9vPF

They have already proven they don't want to compromise.

sure, we have a revenue issue, but that's not the main problem, it's the spending, the Billions given to banks, research for the mating habits of lemurs, how lipstick looks on a grasshopper, etc. Tax cuts stimulate the economy, they give incentive for people to work because they have more money to spend on upgrades which create jobs, which creates more revenue.

The tax cuts have been in place for over a decade. It may be time to try something else.

Lager
07-01-2011, 08:43 PM
The tax cuts have been in place for over a decade. It may be time to try something else.

Got any ideas you'd like to share?

lacarnut
07-01-2011, 08:51 PM

Increasing the debt by almost 4 trillion dollars by bailing out banks, unions, increasing the number of wars, etc is not working either. The Magic Negro promised change but this is not what most voters had in mind.

If you feel like your taxes are not enough, the Treasury will gladly take all you will give them.

fettpett
07-01-2011, 10:04 PM

they worked when put into place. THEY are the reasons we pulled out of the recession that started under Clinton when the Dot-Com bubble burst and 9/11. It started in March of 2000 and ended in 2003. The Tax Cuts under Bush worked

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Federal_individual_income_tax_receipts_2000-2009.png/800px-Federal_individual_income_tax_receipts_2000-2009.png

There wouldn't have been an issue IF the GOP hadn't gone spend-crazy, even with the wars.

jnkbortka
07-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Increasing the debt by almost 4 trillion dollars by bailing out banks, unions, increasing the number of wars, etc is not working either. The Magic Negro promised change but this is not what most voters had in mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxVkLhlu5s

jediab
07-02-2011, 01:02 AM
they worked when put into place. THEY are the reasons we pulled out of the recession that started under Clinton when the Dot-Com bubble burst and 9/11. It started in March of 2000 and ended in 2003. The Tax Cuts under Bush worked

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/ce/Federal_individual_income_tax_receipts_2000-2009.png/800px-Federal_individual_income_tax_receipts_2000-2009.png

There wouldn't have been an issue IF the GOP hadn't gone spend-crazy, even with the wars.

Bush and crew may have been Repubs, but they spent like liberals. More proof that no matter what side of the isle you are on, when you execute liberal ideas, things go to shit.

fettpett
07-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Bush and crew may have been Repubs, but they spent like liberals. More proof that no matter what side of the isle you are on, when you execute liberal ideas, things go to shit.

yeah, I know, but that wasn't my point

AmPat
07-02-2011, 11:49 AM

That was the point of the meeting, to exchange ideas and let the Dictator in Chief know what his cards were. O Blah blah thinks he can dictate all the terms of any discussion.

O Blah Blah is the one with the record of non-cooperation. You either know that and are once again being a liberal liar or you don't and are being a liberal idiot.:cool:

AmPat
07-02-2011, 11:57 AM
The tax cuts didn't cause this economic mess and will not fix it. Years of liberal spending and giveaways caused this mess.

Taxing people more at this time will only exacerbate the already dismal economy, not improve it. If your point is to eliminate tax cuts (increase taxes) to fix anything, you are economically retarded. I hope that you weren't suggesting this.

djones520
07-02-2011, 12:03 PM

Yeah, like cutting spending. That would be a novel thing to try.

Madisonian
07-02-2011, 06:44 PM

In a compromise between good and evil, only the evil can benefit.

(Figured as long as we are posting the obvious, may as well throw that one in)

Arroyo_Doble
07-02-2011, 07:39 PM
In a compromise between good and evil, only the evil can benefit.

(Figured as long as we are posting the obvious, may as well throw that one in)

Well they hold the House so he doesn't have too many options.

Apache
07-03-2011, 01:22 AM

except twist the law....AGAIN!

AmPat
07-03-2011, 10:52 AM

Thus explaining the multitude of lies he tells and gets away with. When will your boys in the media start digging in to his many lies? It shouldn't be too hard, they are easy to spot and refute.:cool:

MountainMan
07-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Sit down and what? You think McConnell wanted to hash it out and was willing to compromise on TAX INCREASES? Really?

Fixed for accuracy. I fucking hate double speak. :rolleyes:

Arroyo_Doble
07-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Fixed for accuracy. I fucking hate double speak. :rolleyes:

Call it green peas for all I care. The point stands, Mau. Compromise takes more than one and those who want to destroy America's governing institutions by starving the so-called "beast" of revenue are too close to getting the United States small enough to drown in a bathtub to give up now.

Rockntractor
07-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Call it green peas for all I care. The point stands, Mau. Compromise takes more than one and those who want to destroy America's governing institutions by starving the so-called "beast" of revenue are too close to getting the United States small enough to drown in a bathtub to give up now.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/dead_fish1.jpg

fettpett
07-04-2011, 01:53 PM

yeah, cuz closing those loopholes for the private Jets is going to raise SOOOOOO much money :rolleyes::rolleyes:

MountainMan
07-04-2011, 02:23 PM

Who is trying to destroy "Americas governing institutions"? Obviously you think that government is either the right size now or definitely needs to get bigger. I'm sorry but bigger government is NOT what we need now.

In the 2010 elections, the American people overwhelming spoke to less government. All the way to local city governments and all across this nation, conservatives got elected to slow and downsize the government. That is apparently a fact that liberals don't want to hear. The old class warfare arguments of the past have fallen on deaf ears so the calls for "taxing the rich" just don't ring anymore.

How about this challenge Arroyo? Hows about you and your side make the case FOR either keeping the government the same size or making it bigger? I'll tell you why the liberals won't do that now. It is because the American people instinctively know that bigger government is bad for freedom. 2012 is right around the corner and it isn't looking good for your side.

Arroyo_Doble
07-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Who is trying to destroy "Americas governing institutions"? Obviously you think that government is either the right size now or definitely needs to get bigger. I'm sorry but bigger government is NOT what we need now.

In the 2010 elections, the American people overwhelming spoke to less government. All the way to local city governments and all across this nation, conservatives got elected to slow and downsize the government. That is apparently a fact that liberals don't want to hear. The old class warfare arguments of the past have fallen on deaf ears so the calls for "taxing the rich" just don't ring anymore.

How about this challenge Arroyo? Hows about you and your side make the case FOR either keeping the government the same size or making it bigger? I'll tell you why the liberals won't do that now. It is because the American people instinctively know that bigger government is bad for freedom. 2012 is right around the corner and it isn't looking good for your side.

Make government bigger? How about paying for the government we have? You sure liked the happy magic funtime war. Why blanche at paying for it? And why exempt those 55 and over if getting rid of Medicare is such a neat idea? 2010 showed us old people hate government, right? Here's your coupon granny, good luck!

Arroyo_Doble
07-04-2011, 05:52 PM
yeah, cuz closing those loopholes for the private Jets is going to raise SOOOOOO much money :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Isn't that the point? If you can't compromise on that, why bother to even talk? So you can say again how you aren't going to compromise? I think Obama heard it the first 50 times.

BadCat
07-04-2011, 08:06 PM

It may be time that you and your worthless ilk start paying some taxes, shitbrain.

fettpett
07-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Isn't that the point? If you can't compromise on that, why bother to even talk? So you can say again how you aren't going to compromise? I think Obama heard it the first 50 times.

those so called "loopholes" that the private jet owners have are typically used to do improvements on existing planes, to spend money that typically they wouldn't spend, like painting, upgrades to avionics, internal remodeling, etc. All money that goes back into the local economy. They also go into buying a new plane that is more efficient and better than the old one.

but no, there is no such thing as "trickle down":rolleyes::rolleyes:

btw these "loopholes" were touted by Obama after the "stimulus" that it would help spur jobs...so which is it?

AmPat
07-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Make government bigger? How about paying for the government we have? I'll play--- How about no? We need to shrink the massively bloated, out of touch, cancerous, freedom stealing government, not sustain it.

You sure liked the happy magic funtime war. Why blanche at paying for it?
Nobody "liked" any of the wars. How about we finish the job instead of tying our hands? How about a Congressional declaration of all out war and stop this surgical warfare crap?

And why exempt those 55 and over if getting rid of Medicare is such a neat idea?
Because they are already ensnared by the liberal trap made years before and they don't have time for another plan. Too difficult to understand for your tiny liberal logic center?

2010 showed us old people hate government, right? Here's your coupon granny, good luck!
Not quite libertard. 2010 showed that "old people" hate oversized, tyrranical government.

Grow up.