PDA

View Full Version : Gay Softball League Interrogates Suspected Hetros

megimoo
07-01-2011, 02:40 AM
Three Straights and You’re Out in Gay Softball League (gay team too straight)

The five ballplayers summoned before a protest committee at the Gay Softball World Series stood accused of cheating. Their alleged offense: heterosexuality.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/30/sports/softball-case-raises-question-who-qualifies-as-gay.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

jediab
07-01-2011, 08:49 AM
So this means that there can be a straights only softball league too right?

Novaheart
07-01-2011, 11:38 AM
27.HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Paul
there abouts
June 30th, 2011
8:22 am
Exclusion based on sexual orientation by a gay sports league. This reminds me of the Doonesbury strip where black student protesters at Walden College were demanding so many special rights that they demanded separate water fountains.

Novaheart
07-01-2011, 11:44 AM
ANybody know if Aleph Zadik Aleph allows nonjews to join?
IS there some kind of league for Baptist youth?
How about Red Shield, is it open to all?

Starbuck
07-01-2011, 11:44 AM
who qualifies as gay?

Now, there's a vexing question. Don't know that I have all the answers, but I guess we could start with this guy:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/06/30/sports/SUB-Y-SOFTBALL-2/SUB-Y-SOFTBALL-2-articleInline.jpg

ColonialMarine0431
07-01-2011, 11:45 AM
I guess they don't allow switch-hitters either.

jediab
07-01-2011, 02:00 PM

But they do allow ballboys.

NJCardFan
07-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Yes. And my nephew played basketball for a Baptist team. He's Catholic.

But leave it to Nova to chime in to say it's OK to discriminate as long as it's the minorities doing the discrimination. :rolleyes:

noonwitch
07-01-2011, 04:31 PM

Although there are traditional black and white greek organizations, those barriers have broken down a lot since I was in college. Some black kids want to drink until they throw up and then have indiscriminate sex with people they just met, and some white kids want to be hazed and branded. Go and figure.

Rebel Yell
07-01-2011, 04:53 PM

But leave it to Nova to chime in to say it's OK to discriminate as long as it's the minorities doing the discrimination. :rolleyes:

We used to drink and smoke dope, right before the church league games, for a church we'd nevr attended. Church League Softball is VERY cutthroat down here.

lacarnut
07-01-2011, 05:29 PM
We used to drink and smoke dope, right before the church league games, for a church we'd nevr attended. Church League Softball is VERY cutthroat down here....

That thar is funny as all get out.:D

Novaheart
07-01-2011, 07:54 PM

I'm often surprised at what you think is the hidden message in my posts.

Articulate_Ape
07-01-2011, 07:58 PM

So you are saying that you're a member of a stealth conspiracy to undermine this forum and the United States?

Rockntractor
07-01-2011, 08:05 PM
So you are saying that you're a member of a stealth conspiracy to undermine this forum and the United States?

:rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
07-01-2011, 08:09 PM
:rolleyes:

Are you calling me a liar? :mad:

Novaheart
07-01-2011, 08:11 PM

Shhhh, no one is supposed to know about us.

http://www.konformist.com/blasphemy/piso.htm

Articulate_Ape
07-01-2011, 08:13 PM
Shhhh, no one is supposed to know about us.

What do you mean "us"? I would have to counter-interrogate you first.

NJCardFan
07-01-2011, 09:43 PM

Oh you don't hide shit. You lay it out for all to see. When it comes to teh gays, it's not equal rights, it's special rights.

Novaheart
07-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Oh you don't hide shit. You lay it out for all to see. When it comes to teh gays, it's not equal rights, it's special rights.

When I was in school, AZA (an arm of B'nai Brith) was to my knowledge an exclusively Jewish sports team. When I was a boy, my grandmother told me I couldn't join Red Shield sports. I was simply asking if this is true. If there are indeed religion specific sports teams which exclude those who aren't members of that religion. If there were, then it would not seem odd that a gay team would be exclusive.

I won't deny that gay people, like any affinity group, design events for the members of that group. That's not a special right, it's a reaction to being shut out or treated badly by the groups which are not inclusive and whose right to exclude gay people many here defend.

I have never seen an opposite sex couple thrown out of a gay bar for dancing together. I have seen same sex couples told to leave straight bars for dancing together. In most of the US heterosexual couples can be married, while homosexual couples cannot. So who has the special rights?

JB
07-02-2011, 01:48 PM
who qualifies as gay?I didn't read the article but with a thread like this the jokes practically write themself. :D

jnkbortka
07-02-2011, 02:19 PM
So who has the special rights?

the majority

CueSi
07-02-2011, 02:25 PM

Nope, they don't in some cases. <shrug>I one modded a small forum for non straight women, and - - I lost count of how many "dump the bi/trans mods! They're not real Womyn!" threads there were.

~QC

ColonialMarine0431
07-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Nope, they don't in some cases. <shrug>I one modded a small forum for non straight women, and - - I lost count of how many "dump the bi/trans mods! They're not real Womyn!" threads there were.

~QC

So gay people can be prejudiced? I'm shocked! /sarcasm

I have a gay cousin (nice straight acting guy) and one time he took me to a gay bar. I'm straight but I was wondering what happens in those places.

Rockntractor
07-02-2011, 08:46 PM
So gay people can be prejudiced? I'm shocked! /sarcasm

I have a gay cousin (nice straight acting guy) and one time he took me to a gay bar. I'm straight but I was wondering what happens in those places.

You just got a week off for bastard spelling the n-word, take another week and quit doing it.