PDA

View Full Version : Arpaio tells inmates to 'chill out'

jendf
07-01-2011, 11:14 PM
PHOENIX (KPHO) -This weekend's weather is expected to reach at least 115 degrees. While many will find relief indoors, hundreds of men and women living in the valley's 'Tent City' will have to suffer outside.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he has a plan to help with the massive discomfort he expects inmates to endure this weekend. He has ordered a box truck full of ice for the inmates to use. Jail workers will hand out ice starting tomorrow afternoon.

Inmates will be allowed to have as many bags of ice as they want for drinking and cooling purposes. Arpaio says inmates will even be allowed to sit on their bags if that helps keep them more comfortable.

"The air temperature may be around 120 degrees but it's even hotter in the canvas Tent City," Arpaio says. "It's been fortunate since I opened the Tents in August 1993 to never have had a serious heat related health issue. We're not going to have one this year either, if I can help it."

Link (http://www.kpho.com/story/15013628/arpaio-tells-inmates-to-chill-out)

A miserable experience for sure, being put in Tent City in July. It's certainly not something I would ever want to experience first-hand.

Articulate_Ape
07-01-2011, 11:43 PM
I like him.

Rockntractor
07-01-2011, 11:48 PM
I have a straw hat I wear during the day that I fill with ice while I'm working.
The wet from the ice with the dust from the drought is a less than desirable combination though.

Articulate_Ape
07-01-2011, 11:55 PM
I have a straw hat I wear during the day that I fill with ice while I'm working.
The wet from the ice with the dust from the drought is a less than desirable combination though.

How do you keep the ice in the hat, Rock? Doesn't it want to fall out?

Rockntractor
07-02-2011, 12:03 AM
How do you keep the ice in the hat, Rock? Doesn't it want to fall out?

I buy these straw hats with elastic bands, you can actually fit quite a bit in them. You also need to wear a dew rag or it's uncomfortable in direct contact with your head. A load of ice will last 20 min and it takes 30 pounds a day between keeping your head cool and your drinks cold. 110 is not at all uncommon during the day here and it is much hotter than that in full sun.

Articulate_Ape
07-02-2011, 12:15 AM
I buy these straw hats with elastic bands, you can actually fit quite a bit in them. You also need to wear a dew rag or it's uncomfortable in direct contact with your head. A load of ice will last 20 min and it takes 30 pounds a day between keeping your head cool and your drinks cold. 110 is not at all uncommon during the day here and it is much hotter than that in full sun.

That is cool (pardon the pun). Can you post a link to the straw hats you are talking about?

Rockntractor
07-02-2011, 12:21 AM
That is cool (pardon the pun). Can you post a link to the straw hats you are talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Outback-Stained-Straw-Hat-Shade-W36S10C/dp/B000FGVWPG

Rockntractor
07-02-2011, 12:29 AM
They have these same ones at wally mart too.

Articulate_Ape
07-02-2011, 12:31 AM
Ok, so you wear a dew rag and just chuck the ice up overhead under the hat?

Rockntractor
07-02-2011, 12:37 AM
Ok, so you wear a dew rag and just chuck the ice up overhead under the hat?

Yup, pretty much.

Articulate_Ape
07-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Yup, pretty much.

That explains your brain freeze. :p

I am gonna have to try this out.

Rockntractor
07-02-2011, 02:20 AM
That explains your brain freeze. :p

Had I my life to do over I would use far less of my brain and effort than I have, and would let some other gullible schmuck do the heavy lifting.

Apocalypse
07-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Although I like his plan of the tent city, and the use of it. This heat could make use of it a bad idea. If one of those inmates get seriously sick, or die. We all know the DOJ, ACLU and every leftist group will attack. If any thing, get a large communal tent, and a portable AC unit.

Apache
07-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Although I like his plan of the tent city, and the use of it. This heat could make use of it a bad idea. If one of those inmates get seriously sick, or die. We all know the DOJ, ACLU and every leftist group will attack. If any thing, get a large communal tent, and a portable AC unit.

They had evap coolers in the tents, but alas the inmate thought it would be funny to pee in them...:rolleyes:

They were of course removed...

NJCardFan
07-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Simple solution: stay out of jail.

Kay
07-02-2011, 03:32 PM

Exactly.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Bailey
07-02-2011, 03:43 PM
Whatever happened to that Australian that hated Arpaio, freaken name escapes me.

fettpett
07-02-2011, 06:12 PM
Whatever happened to that Australian that hated Arpaio, freaken name escapes me.

Sonnabend

Apocalypse
07-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Correct me here if I'm wrong. I'm not going to bother looking this up. But his usage of these tent prisons are for Illegals only. So better solution would be, stay out of the country.

djones520
07-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Correct me here if I'm wrong. I'm not going to bother looking this up. But his usage of these tent prisons are for Illegals only. So better solution would be, stay out of the country.

Don't believe you've heard properly on that one.

jendf
07-02-2011, 08:49 PM

Tent city houses inmates who are serving shorter sentences, usually for things like DUI, drug possession, etc. He built them to help with the overcrowding in our regular jails. Charles Barkley spent a day there after his DUI and some country singer spent a week there (his name escapes me). But there are inmates who can spend a few months there.

Arpaio works with ICE to get the illegals deported as quickly as possible.

Sonnabend
07-02-2011, 09:04 PM
Simple solution: stay out of jail.Such a simplified view: a person can be in jail after being arrested and then released after interviews or the charges are dropped or they are acquitted...missed that, did we Mr Prison Officer?

Do the words PRE TRIAL DETAINEE make any sense to that pea brain of yours? Of course not, because if they did, you'd be well aware (as I am sure you do know, you are just pretending not to) that a pre trial detainee is awaiting trial at which time he or she may or may not be convicted of any crime.

That whole "innocent until proven guilty in a court of law" never seems to sink in with you, does it?

Oh that pesky, silly little Constitution of yours...that part about the presumption of innocence is SO annoying isnt it....colliding as it does with that stupid little worldview of yours that every single person in a prison is a convicted felon.

They aren't. Does the word REMAND ring a bell?

You consider the US Constitution the law of the land? I know you do because you have said it often enough.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensationSome of these people can spend up to fifteen months in one of his little hellholes awaiting trial..many of them in fact spend more time in custody than would even be called for IF they were convicted...so even if someone is convicted of a crime they have already served that sentence pre trial because the Ariz system is so fucked up.

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence14 months awaiting trial doesnt sound speedy to me. Or are you now saying that those in prisons even awaiting trial are no longer citizens and thus the protections of the US Constitution do not apply to them?

If this had been in a military jail and had happened to a member of the military there would be massive outrage.so why the silence? Do the same standards apply or do they not?

don't do the crime if you can't do the time.Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Many there are awaiting trial and have not yet been convicted of anything yet So they have not in fact committed any crime.

They are not doing any time because as far as the law and your own Constitution is concerned they have not yet committed any crime. Kay....you disappoint me.

Or been sent to trial.

Oh and by the way no I dont hate Arpaio, so kindly dont assume you know what I am thinking when in fact you dont have a clue. Try asking me next time.

Do I think he is negligent and careless? Yes.

Actually, Arpaio has a namesake...a man who did what he did, and for those of you with a good memory, maybe the name Henry Wirz sounds familiar?

Has he screwed up and allowed his men to get away with bloody murder? Yes. Do I think he should be held accountable and put in his own jail for lets say negligent homicide? yes

Do I think he is corrupt? Yes.

Eventually all his little fanbois and girls will come face to face with the ugly reality when the creep either steps aside or dies..at which time the entire stinking mess will be uncovered..and his apologists will of course cover their eyes and ears and say "no no no" and refuse to listen.

Bottom line and I have said this before

Arpaio has a duty of care
Arpaio is in charge
His Jail
His people
His responsibility
His ass if his people fuck up.

I cant believe I just gave AMERICANS lessons in the US Constitution.......:confused:

jendf
07-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Hi, Sonna! :D

Sonnabend
07-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Kay and NJCardfan: do the protections of the US Constitution including the presumption of innocence apply to those in and out of prison.

Simple question.

Simple answer required.

Yes or no.

Apache
07-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Kay and NJCardfan: do the protections of the US Constitution including the presumption of innocence apply to those in and out of prison.

Simple question.

Simple answer required.

Yes or no.

I knew this story would bring you outta hiding....:p

Sonnabend
07-02-2011, 09:23 PM
I knew this story would bring you outta hiding

Bailey's foot in mouth is what got me to comment here,

fettpett
07-02-2011, 09:44 PM
hey, Sonna, do you think it's his fault that many of these people sit in jail waiting for their hearing? It's not, it's the Court dockets that are full and can't process them. Sure some are awaiting trail while evidence is gather against them, but not many

NJCardFan
07-03-2011, 02:56 PM

Simple question.

Simple answer required.

Yes or no.

OK, let me rephrase. Don't do stupid shit that puts you in that position. :rolleyes: Hey, an inmate got a hangnail, is that Arpaio's fault as well? Oh, and if you're in prison, you're already guilty genius. You don't go to prison with the presumption of innocence. That presumption has already been adjudicated.

But allow me to digress Sonna. You're all hepped up about presumption of innocents to perps, however, you do not grant the same to Mr. Arpaio even though he beats the countless lawsuits brought up against him so you can take your "taught Americans about the Constitution" nonsense and rub it on your chest because you do not practice what you preach. So, unless you have a list of crimes(I'd settle for one) that Mr. Arpaio is guilty of, I believe you officially have egg on your face on this issue.

NJCardFan
07-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Many there are awaiting trial and have not yet been convicted of anything yet So they have not in fact committed any crime.
Neither has Joe Arpaio yet you've convicted him countless times here. There's a word for people like you: Hypocrite.

colliding as it does with that stupid little worldview of yours that every single person in a prison is a convicted felon.

Only convicted felons go to prison.

And this is all I'm going to comment on because you are incapable of having an adult conversation on this issue because in just the first part of your post, you've used terms like "pea brain" and "stupid little worldview" so until you are willing to discuss this like a grown-up, which is impossible according to your screed, I'm not going to take the time to rip apart your assertions.

Bailey
07-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Bailey's foot in mouth is what got me to comment here,

Lol w/e man you can go back under your rock now. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
07-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Lol w/e man you can go back under rock now. :rolleyes:

He be back in da pouch!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/kang.gif

Sonnabend
07-03-2011, 08:48 PM
Only convicted felons go to prison
Oh, and if you're in prison, you're already guilty genius. You don't go to prison with the presumption of innocence. Wrong

Arpaio said a 24-year-old federal suit prompted him to move the pre-trial inmates into tents that had been reserved previously for sentenced inmates

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2001/03/16/20010316joe-arpaio-food-protest.html#ixzz1R5otxq5m

Pre trial means not convicted, means havent been tried, means havent been convicted, hence are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law hence are not convicted felons since they havent been to trial yet.

Or are you now saying that arrested = guilty anyway? Hm?

jendf
07-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Sonna, all of the inmates in Tent City have been convicted.

According to AZ Central:

Each of the 1,400 inmates in Tent City has been convicted of non-violent crimes, such as driving under the influence.

Link (http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2011/07/03/20110703tent-city-temperatures-rise-145.html#ixzz1R5sJud90)

NJCardFan
07-03-2011, 09:17 PM
Wrong

Pre trial means not convicted, means havent been tried, means havent been convicted, hence are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law hence are not convicted felons since they havent been to trial yet.

Or are you now saying that arrested = guilty anyway? Hm?

You need to learn the difference between jail and prison. And no, it isn't a matter of semantics. You don't go to prison unless you've been convicted. We have 13 institutions within the NJDOC and every inmate housed are convicted felons. We have no one waiting for trial. Now go away before I make you look like a bigger fool than you already are and leave the discussion to the adults. Unless you have found exactly what crime Joe Arpaio has been convicted of in which case, you're stil a hypocrite on top of it.

NJCardFan
07-03-2011, 09:18 PM

According to AZ Central:

Link (http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2011/07/03/20110703tent-city-temperatures-rise-145.html#ixzz1R5sJud90)

Sonna doesn't listen to facts, only his own blind emotion.

Sonnabend
07-03-2011, 10:11 PM
What crimes has Arpaio been convicted ?

None.

Yet.

Novaheart
07-03-2011, 10:29 PM
You need to learn the difference between jail and prison.

In Florida 'jail' is county 1-364 days, and 'prison' is state 365 days or longer even though people sent to state prison often stay less than a year.

Novaheart
07-03-2011, 10:37 PM

According to AZ Central:

Be that as it may, I do think there is a good case for being housed in tents at those temperatures being cruel and unusual punishment.

djones520
07-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Be that as it may, I do think there is a good case for being housed in tents at those temperatures being cruel and unusual punishment.

As Arpaio said, you got folks in Iraq who do it daily, while getting shot at and wearing 50lbs of gear. They can live with it.

lacarnut
07-03-2011, 11:21 PM

Why because you says so. Many years ago, I went to FT Hood TX in July. We stayed at tent city for two weeks of Army reserve training. I did not consider it a big deal. I can understand why a whiny ass liberal might think it is too harsh. Some so called men will remain a pussy all their lives.

Novaheart
07-03-2011, 11:26 PM
As Arpaio said, you got folks in Iraq who do it daily, while getting shot at and wearing 50lbs of gear. They can live with it.

The soldiers in Iraq face several conditions in the course of their work which the state is not permitted to impose against citizens in its custodial care. I support Sheriff Arpaio in being tough on crime and opposing illegal immigration, but a sixth month sentence for shoplifting isn't supposed to be six months in hell. The second part of "cruel and unusual" is "unusual. In the United States, it's unusual to continuously expose prisoners to live in a tent in the desert. It has several health risks. The soldier in Afghanistan probably have to endure freezing cold weather as well, but you can't keep prisoners outdoors in freezing temps either.

jendf
07-03-2011, 11:27 PM

Living in Arizona in July is cruel and unusual punishment. We are all suffering right now. ;)

Those of us who don't get caught breaking the law just have the luxury of access to air conditioning.

Perhaps the inmates could commit their crimes in Albany, NY next time.

jendf
07-03-2011, 11:31 PM
The soldiers in Iraq face several conditions in the course of their work which the state is not permitted to impose against citizens in its custodial care. I support Sheriff Arpaio in being tough on crime and opposing illegal immigration, but a sixth month sentence for shoplifting isn't supposed to be six months in hell. The second part of "cruel and unusual" is "unusual. In the United States, it's unusual to continuously expose prisoners to live in a tent in the desert. It has several health risks. The soldier in Afghanistan probably have to endure freezing cold weather as well, but you can't keep prisoners outdoors in freezing temps either.

Would like some gauze for you bleeding heart?

Novaheart
07-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Would like some gauze for you bleeding heart?

Generally, thinking people consider how they would like to be treated. While no one wants to be in jail, the deprivation of freedom is the punishment for many criminal offenses and some traffic offenses. Living in 145F is not an acceptable punishment for DUI, excessive speed, or driving without a license. I doubt there is anyone here who hasn't at least once driven 80 in a 60MPH zone or been in possession of a controlled substance. Those are jailable offenses in many places.

djones520
07-04-2011, 02:57 PM

I lived in a tent in -30 degree temps. We had heaters and blankets. It was bearable. We were provided with nothing more then those prisoners would be provided with.

And their is very little conditioning that the military can do to prepare us for those types of climates.

By your line of reasoning, being in prison is "unusual" since most of us never experience that. Try again bud.

lacarnut
07-04-2011, 02:59 PM

For many whiny ass left wing wussy liberals not having a TV is cruel and unusual punishment. Jail/prison should be a harsh environment. Personally, I would like to see all prison inmates housed in AK where the sun shines 6 months a year, temp kept at 50 degrees, no TV, no reading material, in their cells 23 hours a day, cold food 7 days a week. Thanksgiving & Christmas are the only two hot meals a year. I want it to be a living hell experience. Get jailed in many other parts of the world like Russia, Cuba, other commie countries and the treatment you get will be far, far worse than what is described above.

Rockntractor
07-04-2011, 07:45 PM
In Florida 'jail' is county 1-364 days, and 'prison' is state 365 days or longer even though people sent to state prison often stay less than a year.

How long were you in?:confused:

Novaheart
07-04-2011, 11:33 PM
How long were you in?:confused:

Haven't been. I just peruse the arrest reports every day.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
07-04-2011, 11:35 PM
I'm not usually a fan of Arpaio but this seems a humane measure on his part. The people under his supervision may be criminals but they are still people. And I'm not all too familiar with the criminals under his supervision, but I'd imagine they aren't all murderers and rapists--I'm sure there are petty offenders among them.

Apache
07-05-2011, 02:58 AM
I'm not usually a fan of Arpaio but this seems a humane measure on his part. The people under his supervision may be criminals but they are still people. And I'm not all too familiar with the criminals under his supervision, but I'd imagine they aren't all murderers and rapists--I'm sure there are petty offenders among them.

Brilliant!

Now, you wanna guess where the petty offenders are housed?:rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
07-05-2011, 12:04 PM
don't do the crome if you can't do the cruel and unusual torture punishment

how about we make some prison rape jokes while we're on the topic? :D:D:D

Apache
07-05-2011, 12:10 PM
don't do the crome if you can't do the cruel and unusual torture punishment

Why? Miss your cell-mate?:rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
07-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Many people think rape is somehow funny, they think it's something to joke about or to be ignored, people just accept prison rape as just "part of the prison experience" as if it's an "unnoficial part of the punishment". It's disgusting, it's shameful. The level of brutality, torture, rape, abuse, and so on is insane in America's prisons.

Throw in the fact that America has the largest prison population in the world, (25% of all prisoners in the entire world are in American Prisons, there is a higher percent of the population in Prison in the US than there was in Russia during the height of the Soviet Gulags) and you have a terrible picture.

Some countries won't even exdradite people to the United States because they consider our prisons to be cruel and unusual torture.

It's astonishing how people can be kind and cordial in their daily life but can support such evil. Hate in the heart has to be directed at someone, it's just a danm shame. This needs to change.

lacarnut
07-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Many people think rape is somehow funny, they think it's something to joke about or to be ignored, people just accept prison rape as just "part of the prison experience" as if it's an "unnoficial part of the punishment". It's disgusting, it's shameful. The level of brutality, torture, rape, abuse, and so on is insane in America's prisons.

Throw in the fact that America has the largest prison population in the world, (25% of all prisoners in the entire world are in American Prisons, there is a higher percent of the population in Prison in the US than there was in Russia during the height of the Soviet Gulags) and you have a terrible picture.

Some countries won't even exdradite people to the United States because they consider our prisons to be cruel and unusual torture.

It's astonishing how people can be kind and cordial in their daily life but can support such evil. Hate in the heart has to be directed at someone, it's just a danm shame. This needs to change.

You are correct. We have too many murder's and child rapists in our jails. It is time to execute them. Prisons should be a horrible place so that prisoners would never want to come back.

Wei Wu Wei
07-05-2011, 12:33 PM
You are correct. We have too many murder's and child rapists in our jails. It is time to execute them. Prisons should be a horrible place so that prisoners would never want to come back.

Traumatizing people, treating them like animals, forcing them to be victims to and witness extreme forms of brutality, draining them of all hope and trying to totally dehumanize them isn't the best method for reducing recidivism rates. A place like that can destroy a person's mind, their ability to function as a normal human being. Someone who steals a car may go in as a thief, and come out as a broken, mentally f-d up sociopath.

If prisons focused on removing people from society and Rehabilitating them, there would be a much lower recidivism rates and more well adjusted people overall. Trying to inflict eternal punishment and suffering should be left to God, we should punish within reason, focus on safety and rehabilitation.

Think about children. Sometimes, a child needs a good solid smack as punishment. The result is that they learn right from wrong and they grow up to become a more well-rounded adult. However, if you go very excessive and beat or abuse a child, it only makes them more likely to grow up to be a non-adjusted violent adult with problems.

There is such a thing as too much. I agree that dangerous people need to be removed from society, and crimes need to be punished, but using inhumane forms of torture is morally wrong and causes more problems in the long run.

Bailey
07-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Traumatizing people, treating them like animals, forcing them to be victims to and witness extreme forms of brutality, draining them of all hope and trying to totally dehumanize them isn't the best method for reducing recidivism rates. A place like that can destroy a person's mind, their ability to function as a normal human being. Someone who steals a car may go in as a thief, and come out as a broken, mentally f-d up sociopath.

If prisons focused on removing people from society and Rehabilitating them, there would be a much lower recidivism rates and more well adjusted people overall. Trying to inflict eternal punishment and suffering should be left to God, we should punish within reason, focus on safety and rehabilitation.

Think about children. Sometimes, a child needs a good solid smack as punishment. The result is that they learn right from wrong and they grow up to become a more well-rounded adult. However, if you go very excessive and beat or abuse a child, it only makes them more likely to grow up to be a non-adjusted violent adult with problems.

There is such a thing as too much. I agree that dangerous people need to be removed from society, and crimes need to be punished, but using inhumane forms of torture is morally wrong and causes more problems in the long run.

As one poster here said a couple days before, "you want some gauze for that bleeding heart"?

If they are in prison for violent crime, fuck'em they deserve it.

fettpett
07-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I find it freaking insane that for many the term "cruel and unusual" means that they get pampered lifestyles while sitting around all day. FUCK THAT. It's not suppose to be EASY, it's suppose to be hard, it's PUNISHMENT for a reason. it's heat, big fucking deal. They are being taken care of, their needs are meet to deal with the heat. They don't need Air Conditioning

djones520
07-05-2011, 02:43 PM
I find it freaking insane that for many the term "cruel and unusual" means that they get pampered lifestyles while sitting around all day. FUCK THAT. It's not suppose to be EASY, it's suppose to be hard, it's PUNISHMENT for a reason. it's heat, big fucking deal. They are being taken care of, their needs are meet to deal with the heat. They don't need Air Conditioning

I say, think of it in the context of what prison life was like when that was written.

fettpett
07-05-2011, 02:45 PM
I say, think of it in the context of what prison life was like when that was written.

no doubt they did some fucked up things back then for punishments, however that doesn't mean that convicted prisoners should be allowed to sit around and do nothing. They should be working as far as I'm concered

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 02:46 PM
What crimes has Arpaio been convicted ?

None.

Yet.

However, you have convicted him several times for crimes he hasn't committed. That make you the ultimate hypocrite.

djones520
07-05-2011, 02:48 PM
no doubt they did some fucked up things back then for punishments, however that doesn't mean that convicted prisoners should be allowed to sit around and do nothing. They should be working as far as I'm concered

Indeed. Prison ships were a common thing back in those days. Hundreds of men locked in a ship, not unlike slave ships, for years at a time.

That was not considered "unusual" back in the day.

Look at most prison systems around the world today. We've probably got one of the softest ones out there. That might be a big part of the reason we have such a huge prison population.

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 02:50 PM

Where are you getting your information from? Believe me, prison is about rehabilitation but to be rehabilitated, one has to want to do so. I used to work in the drug treatment wing. As recently as April, one of my ex-inmates, who completed the treatment program, went home, started using again, jacked a car, got into a firefight with police, and lost. All within a span of 27 days. I believe I started a thread on the subject. So, go cry to someone else. If you don't want to do time, stay out of jail and stop doing the retarded shit that puts people in jail. It really is that simple.

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 02:55 PM
Indeed. Prison ships were a common thing back in those days. Hundreds of men locked in a ship, not unlike slave ships, for years at a time.

That was not considered "unusual" back in the day.

Look at most prison systems around the world today. We've probably got one of the softest ones out there. That might be a big part of the reason we have such a huge prison population.

You ain't kidding. They don't call my jail Softwoods for nothing.

Novaheart
07-05-2011, 09:49 PM
If they are in prison for violent crime, fuck'em they deserve it.

And one day, most of them will be walking amongst us, if only for the interval between incarcerations.

Hawkgirl
07-05-2011, 10:10 PM

LOLLLLLLLLL, did you even type this with a serious face??? I say those countries should try a turkish prison instead.

American prisoners are coddled like no other prisoners in the world.

Rockntractor
07-05-2011, 10:12 PM

Okay, how about Wei Wu Wei was what the last inmate was yelling while he was rear ending you when you dropped your soap in the shower!:D

Hawkgirl
07-05-2011, 10:21 PM
And one day, most of them will be walking amongst us, if only for the interval between incarcerations.

I think we should read nursery rhymes and play bingo in jail. OR, we can just throw the most violent criminals in an incinerator so they won't get those pesky little intervals.

fettpett
07-05-2011, 10:39 PM

yeah...like Mexico, I dare you to go spend time in a Mexican jail, let alone a one of their prisons

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 11:08 PM
I think we should read nursery rhymes and play bingo in jail. OR, we can just throw the most violent criminals in an incinerator so they won't get those pesky little intervals.

Hawk, you have no idea how close you really are.