PDA

View Full Version : Your pets and fireworks...

SarasotaRepub
07-02-2011, 07:18 PM
How do your dogs and cats handle 4th of July???

We have 2 Greyhounds and Xena could care less about fireworks. Totally ignores them.

Darlene on the other paw...:eek: She hates em and gets very stressed.

Madisonian
07-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Was just going to post this same question.

We have a couple that could not care less, but Nisa (my av Border Collie) and Tasha (my Aussie) are very noise phobic and Tash just paces, pants and drools whether its fireworks or a thunderstorm. Nisa will hide under my chair with an occasional woof.
Weirdo Bernie gets nervous, but not incapacitated.

The next 3 days will be a nightmare around here as it usually is with the lakes area fireworks and the neighborhood kids of all ages either shooting off fireworks (or guns) from about 6pm till well after midnight.

Articulate_Ape
07-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Last year I duct taped my wife's Bijon Frise to a Chinese rocket and he parachuted to Earth a block away no worse for wear. He does sometimes pees on the floor a little when he hears a lighter, but hey being an astronaut has its cost, right?

SarasotaRepub
07-02-2011, 08:03 PM
I just had my two out for a walk and we have a T-Storm cell that is getting a little close, Darlene would only go so far and then just planted her paws and wanted home. :D

She also heard a couple of crakers go off so that didn't help.

Madisonian
07-02-2011, 08:09 PM
I just had my two out for a walk and we have a T-Storm cell that is getting a little close, Darlene would only go so far and then just planted her paws and wanted home. :D

She also heard a couple of crakers go off so that didn't help.

What were the crackers going off about?
Those FL white boys are always bitching about something. Usually alcohol, sisters, cousins or wives are involved. To save time, sisters, cousins and wives are not necessarily mutually exclusive entities.

SarasotaRepub
07-02-2011, 08:32 PM
:D:D

SaintLouieWoman
07-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Poor Darlene isn't even eating all her food. She's usually a total food hound. Now she's starting to get storm phobic. At least storms never used to bother her. A lot of this got worse after Blue died. Storms nor fireworks ever bothered him or Xena. I guess she felt protected by Blue. She's a very outgoing greyhound and Xena is shy. It's amazing that the normally bold, friendly Darlene is so terrified.