PDA

View Full Version : God is a Republican

SarasotaRepub
07-04-2011, 02:34 PM
WOOT!!! It's just too easy today. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1413116) :D

Cyrano (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-04-11 01:26 PM
Original message

God is a Republican After all, the Republicans have claimed God -- (Him/Her/It) -- as their own.

(Full disclosure: I’m an agnostic.)

Having said this, I’d be alarmed if any superior/all-knowing/eternal being in the clouds claimed to favor the Republican Party. Unless that God-like entity is devoted to cruelty, hatred, pain, destruction and death.

Anyone who doesn’t understand that today’s Republican Party is a dangerous disease, is either infected with that same disease, or is brain dead.

They are trying to destroy us all, and the only thing we have as “protection” is the Democratic Party which long ago lost its soul. And that means we are fucked beyond repair.

Everyone here knows that the Republican’s Party has laid claim to being the only really “true Christians,” which is code for “The Party of God.” It’s total bullshit. But far too many buy the crap they’re peddling.

So here’s my question. How do fight this immense, destructive, despicable lie?

Cyrano

djones520
07-04-2011, 02:37 PM
The amount of loathing those people have for our country is rather sickening.

Rockntractor
07-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Republicans are mythical beings, the last ones died out years ago and always were wishful thinking.:D

Arroyo_Doble
07-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Republicans are mythical beings, the last ones died out years ago and always were wishful thinking.:D

No wonder His Son was a liberal; the rebellion of youth.

jnkbortka
07-05-2011, 12:00 AM
Having said this, I’d be alarmed if any superior/all-knowing/eternal being in the clouds claimed to favor the Republican Party. Unless that God-like entity is devoted to cruelty, hatred, pain, destruction and death.

lets see how the liberals stack up, using their own words

cruelty- abortion, anyone?
hatred-for anyone that doesnt ascribe to their ideals
pain-the ACLU, a liberal organization supports NAMBLA. how much pain have pedophiles caused children?
destruction-of the american economy through the welfare state
death-euthanasia, abortion, etc

CueSi
07-05-2011, 12:46 AM
No wonder His Son was a liberal; the rebellion of youth.

I don't think Christ is owned by either side.

~QC

Arroyo_Doble
07-05-2011, 01:14 AM
I don't think Christ is owned by either side.

~QC

It is strange. I know a lot of Christians and it is rare when I hear a conservative Christian talk about Matthew 5. To be honest, it is rare to hear them venture into the red letters at all.

They like their Paul, though.

Rockntractor
07-05-2011, 01:39 AM
It is strange. I know a lot of Christians and it is rare when I hear a conservative Christian talk about Matthew 5. To be honest, it is rare to hear them venture into the red letters at all.

So you obey all of Christs words in Matthew 5 to the point where you can safely judge others without these words judging you?

CueSi
07-05-2011, 02:41 AM

Actually, I've heard it plenty of times. And I see what you did there and you can turn my mother's Strong's concordance sideways.

~QC

Apache
07-05-2011, 02:53 AM
Actually, I've heard it plenty of times. And I see what you did there and you can turn my mother's Strong's concordance sideways.

~QC

Zing :cool:

AmPat
07-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Cyrano (1000+ posts) Mon Jul-04-11 01:26 PM
Original message

God is a Republican After all, the Republicans have claimed God -- (Him/Her/It) -- as their own.

(Full disclosure: I’m an agnostic.)Never once occuring to this liberal idiot that perhaps it's that DIMS have denied God more than GOPers have laid any sole claim on Him.:rolleyes:

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 07:30 PM

The Irony of this post is ironic.

jnkbortka
07-09-2011, 08:22 PM

they really like to kiss his ass. i used to go to a Presbyterian church in pittsburgh, and if they had saints, he'd be their first one.

catholics don't do that so much. then again, i know pro-gay, pro-abortion catholics, which is against their own church law. taking hypocrisy to a new level

txradioguy
07-10-2011, 05:07 AM

Good job fanboy! Give us your version of that Ol' Time Religion.

:rolleyes:

txradioguy
07-10-2011, 05:08 AM
The Irony of this post is ironic.

QFT

bijou
07-10-2011, 06:14 AM
Why yes, I believe He is. (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0711/NJ_Senate_president_almost_struck_by_lightning.htm l)

SarasotaRepub
07-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Why yes, I believe He is. (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0711/NJ_Senate_president_almost_struck_by_lightning.htm l)

LOL!!!! That was hilarious!!!! :D

noonwitch
07-11-2011, 11:08 AM

If you practice it, you really don't need to talk about it all that much.

AmPat
07-11-2011, 11:15 AM

You probably are not listening then. Paul spoke of and about Jesus. I know many Christians and they know the words in Red as well as those written by Paul.

Why don't you quit worrying about others and start a little reading of your own?