PDA

View Full Version : Gay soldiers beaten in possible hate crime

nightflight
07-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Their car a bloody mess, a group of Fort Carson soldiers and their friends try to pick up the pieces after a seemingly senseless hate crime early Saturday morning at the Albertacos restaurant in northeastern Colorado Springs.

Chris, one of the victims and a gay soldier, asked that we hide his identity. He tells us a group of black men and women took exception to the way one of them was dressed. "We walked in and immediately one black male started making remarks like, faggot."

http://www.newsfirst5.com/news/gay-soldiers-beaten-in-possible-hate-crime/

One victim class beats up another.

Rockntractor
07-04-2011, 03:17 PM
People tread lightly here, remember our respect for the military especially on the fourth of July.

jendf
07-04-2011, 03:23 PM
It's too bad there isn't any surveillance video here. In the big chains, there usually is. The description of the attackers is too vague to ever get a capture.

Kay
07-04-2011, 03:24 PM
At this point police have a vague description of the suspects. The suspects were described as at least 5 black males and 2 black females. The only suspect vehicle description available is a silver passenger vehicle. The primary aggressor in the assault is described as a black male, 5'5'', and 135 lbs with a bald head. If you have any information on this assault you are asked to call the Colorado Springs Police Department.

I hope they catch them. Then if I were in charge,
they would be shot on the spot like the rabid dogs they are.
Human scum not worth wasting tax payer dollars on for a trial.

Bailey
07-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Black females tend to be the most violent, even goading others on to continue.

SaintLouieWoman
07-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Black females tend to be the most violent, even goading others on to continue.
I read the link and it does not mention the women at all, other than there were 2 of them. It's painting with a broad brush. Wait til the facts come out. Whether male or female, black or white, it was horrible to ambush our military (or anyone else).

I will concede that when I was teaching, the female students tended to be tougher to handle, sometimes more catty.

lacarnut
07-04-2011, 03:37 PM
. It's painting with a broad brush. Wait til the facts come out. Whether male or female, black or white, it was horrible to ambush our military (or anyone else).

Rushing to judgement is not cool. The Duke Lacrosse players and the IMF Chief are two good examples.

SarasotaRepub
07-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Rushing to judgement is not cool. The Duke Lacrosse players and the IMF Chief are two good examples.

Indeed.

Apache
07-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Reading the story, something just doesn't sit right. I think something ELSE provoked the attack.

NJCardFan
07-04-2011, 07:03 PM
The alleged perps are black so hate crime is off the table.

Bailey
07-05-2011, 06:06 AM
I read the link and it does not mention the women at all, other than there were 2 of them. It's painting with a broad brush. Wait til the facts come out. Whether male or female, black or white, it was horrible to ambush our military (or anyone else).

I will concede that when I was teaching, the female students tended to be tougher to handle, sometimes more catty.

I agree, I should've put in that this is from personal experience. The attackers should go to jail for a really long time. On a side note we all agree that women are way more devious and evil. :D. /sarcasm for anyone with no sense of humor.

Lager
07-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Again with the "hate crime" fluff. The pigs that did this should get the stiffest, most severe penalty possible, regardless of the characteristics of the victims.

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 05:17 PM
Again with the "hate crime" fluff. The pigs that did this should get the stiffest, most severe penalty possible, regardless of the characteristics of the victims.

Nova would disagree with you.

Novaheart
07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Nova would disagree with you.

Actually, if you would consult the archives of DU, you would find that one of the reasons I was suspect as being a "mole" (whatever that is) was because I oppose hate-speech laws and hate-crimes laws. It's perfectly OK for the court to consider motive in a crime, it is not a crime unto itself in my opinion. I think it rattles confidence in the legal system because if "hate crime" is an enhancement, it plays into the belief that some people are convicted while others would be acquitted.

Novaheart
07-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Reading the story, something just doesn't sit right. I think something ELSE provoked the attack.

Your sentiment is oddly similar to the ones some black people have posted about various group crimes of violence by black people. In the case of the Ohio family attacked by the gang of black youth, a common response was "There are two sides to every story. They must have said something."

The idea that something one says can earn a violent physical response is not uniquely black, but that's who we're talking about at the moment.

Apache
07-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Your sentiment is oddly similar to the ones some black people have posted about various group crimes of violence by black people. In the case of the Ohio family attacked by the gang of black youth, a common response was "There are two sides to every story. They must have said something."

The idea that something one says can earn a violent physical response is not uniquely black, but that's who we're talking about at the moment.

Don't even try to invoke the race card...
He tells us a group of black men and women took exception to the way one of them was dressed. ...is supposedly what started the attack.

I contend that the whole story is NOT NOT (get the picture) being told. :rolleyes:

Novaheart
07-06-2011, 01:04 AM
Don't even try to invoke the race card......is supposedly what started the attack.

Race isn't a factor to this? Bill Maxwell would disagree.

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/homophobia-its-a-black-thing/1175642

...is supposedly what started the attack.

I contend that the whole story is NOT NOT (get the picture) being told.

What could he have possibly been wearing which would have justified being attacked? What do you imagine could be missing from the story? These people tried to leave and were ambushed in the parking lot of a Mexican food chain restaurant.

Phillygirl
07-06-2011, 01:08 AM
Race isn't a factor to this? Bill Maxwell would disagree.

http://www.tampabay.com/opinion/columns/homophobia-its-a-black-thing/1175642

What could he have possibly been wearing which would have justified being attacked? What do you imagine could be missing from the story? These people tried to leave and were ambushed in the parking lot of a Mexican food chain restaurant.

One or two of them were wearing their go go outfits from their jobs as go go dancers.

Novaheart
07-06-2011, 01:24 AM
One or two of them were wearing their go go outfits from their jobs as go go dancers.

I'm not sure what that means. Even if they were naked or wearing hot pants, it wouldn't justify being attacked.

Phillygirl
07-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Oh, I don't know either. It was just stated in the article.

lacarnut
07-06-2011, 07:33 AM
One thing is for certain. If you go around wearing fruity looking outfits like the guy on the airplane, eventually someone is going to make a derogatory comment. If you take the bait and respond, then the fight may be on.

Like I said before, the gay community screwed up when they tried to connect the Civil Rights movement to their perverted lifestyle. I have worked with many blacks and that pisses them off. Their attitude toward gays and gay marriage will never change.

Apache
07-06-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm not sure what that means. Even if they were naked or wearing hot pants, it wouldn't justify being attacked.

That's what I SAID numbnuts...:rolleyes:

They did or said something else to escalate the situation...

djones520
07-06-2011, 11:42 AM
That's what I SAID numbnuts...:rolleyes:

They did or said something else to escalate the situation...

We don't know that though. People out there are capable of acting like rabid animals for no reason at all.

When I first moved to Michigan, my mom took my sister and I to get registered in the new school district. We stopped in a McDonalds, and I went into the bathroom, as I was walking there I glanced at two guys sitting at a table eating.

Apparently, this offended them. They followed me into the bathroom, and accosted me while I was taking a piss. Calling me a faggot, etc... I was 14 years old, being verbally assualted by two grown men because I looked at them for half a second.

I finished up, pushed my way past them, and went and got into our car. I'm lucky I got out of there before it escalated. I'm pretty extensively trained in self defense, but in an enclosed area, I stood no chance against two guys who both had 50-100lbs on me.

There doesn't need to be a reason. People are animals, sometimes rabid ones.